Big news from Peter Baumann

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Big news from Peter Baumann

Post by Jon »

Peter Baumann's comment today on the ZEST facebook group page:

"Hallo everyone - as all of you I was shocked by Edgar's sudden departure. Just a month ago I visited him in Austria making plans for a new project. Well, there will be a new project, and Edgar's fingerprints will be all over it. His personality will permeate everything that is composed/produced under the TD name."
Network23

Re: Big news from Peter Baumann

Post by Network23 »

Whoa! Outstanding! That is quite a surprise.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

And another post from Peter:

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm just now sitting in a plane returning from Austria after meeting with Bianca and the TD crew.
After many, many years, last October I felt compelled to return to making music - that's when I contacted Edgar and visited him in Austria in early January -
those were some of the most emotional and intense days in my life. We're now in the midst of plannng the next phase of TD, I believe it will be magical!
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Wow, THAT is a surprise - Baumann! Let the speculations begin what it could be ... if it's something not yet finished, we know Baumann could do it all if he just wants to. He knows how to mix, produce and play, and most importantly Edgar & Peter shared the same wavelength.
RAYMAN1970

Post by RAYMAN1970 »

I am stunned beyond belief.

As I sit here reading these posts about Baumann, I have tears in my eyes.

I am so happy, sad and excited all at the same time.

The Dream will LIVE ON!

:lol:
Network23

Post by Network23 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:And another post from Peter:

Thank you all for your kind comments. I'm just now sitting in a plane returning from Austria after meeting with Bianca and the TD crew.
After many, many years, last October I felt compelled to return to making music - that's when I contacted Edgar and visited him in Austria in early January -
those were some of the most emotional and intense days in my life. We're now in the midst of plannng the next phase of TD, I believe it will be magical!
:shock:

Incredible...who would've anticipated this? In all honesty, not me! I can't wait to hear what this new album-project is like. I like Peter's first two solo albums and "Haunted Heights" a lot.
dream-fan

Post by dream-fan »

Wow! Great news. But these are so great news - I must confess, I still don' t really believe it.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

This is astounding. I can't believe it.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

8)
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

sorcerer wrote:This is astounding. I can't believe it.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

8)
Seems unreal.......he's been away from music for sooo long.....

Looking forward to hearing more about this next chapter...
Michael66

Post by Michael66 »

Good news coupled with incredibly sad circumstances... I mean Baumann's message reads as if Edgar and him negotiated about Baumann re-joining the band after 38 years. And then some days later Edgar dies. Hard to imagine that situation, and I probably don't want to.

All I know is that when Peter Baumann does something, he does it as best as he can. He has that kind of craziness in him that could make this a success. Still would prefer they'd do it under a modified or different name though, to signify the change that has taken place.
redziller

Post by redziller »

Don't know what to make of this to be honest - time will tell. But for now I can only think of the loss.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
rigel

Post by rigel »

Wow, that is a curveball. Never would have anticipated that. Still, Baumann and Froese had kept in touch, and the former did work on some unreleased music (The Blue Room) with Haslinger when he was head of Private Music in the early 1990s. I'm also reminded of the fact that I never would have predicted Schmoelling forming a new band with Jerome Froese.

Anyway, this news will no doubt prompt lots of speculation. I am excited to hear this as I'm sure are many others - Baumann was an important part of TD's early history and it does seem clear now that Edgar's dream is not quite over! :)
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

For me this is interesting. I hope it does happen. I think it would be a fitting way to close Tangerine Dream as it approaches 2017. It will be interesting to see how Eastgate respond to this.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I never thought that Baumann would return. But this is indeed interesting. Quaeschning/Baumann/Schnauss looks like a killer line-up indeed. Baumann is only 62, so he surely could keep going for some years.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Jon wrote:I never thought that Baumann would return. But this is indeed interesting. Quaeschning/Baumann/Schnauss looks like a killer line-up indeed. Baumann is only 62, so he surely could keep going for some years.
Very surprising indeed !
I would prefer a new name for the band now (like "Quantum Dream" or something like that ?). We'll see...

A line-up "Quaeschning / Baumann / Schnauss / Yamane / Spa" would be great too ! :D
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...