TDJ Rome vs. Ethereal 77

theonehorst
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

TDJ Rome vs. Ethereal 77

Post by theonehorst »

I just bought the TDJ Rome vs. Ethereal 77 from http://www.cybersounds.org. Some great songs. Do you know if there are more releases from the grand liftarz era?
rattymouse

Re: TDJ Rome vs. Ethereal 77

Post by rattymouse »

theonehorst wrote:I just bought the TDJ Rome vs. Ethereal 77 from http://www.cybersounds.org. Some great songs. Do you know if there are more releases from the grand liftarz era?
What the heck does a Ground Liftarz CD sound like?
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Up Tempo :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
theonehorst

Post by theonehorst »

Sorry I meant: Ground Liftaz, the old label from Jerome. He did some stuff under the name TDJ Rome.
24db

Post by 24db »

theonehorst wrote:Sorry I meant: Ground Liftaz, the old label from Jerome. He did some stuff under the name TDJ Rome.
from memory that CD had most of Jerome's GF tracks, some of the other cuts were used on DM3 (as limited editiion 12"s, and DJ versions). He also did one white vinyl 12" but those tracks are on that compilation I think. Personally I think Ulrich's stuff on that disc is much better
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:Personally I think Ulrich's stuff on that disc is much better
I'd go along with that. Neptunes is a much better representation of Jerome's work.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
I'd go along with that. Neptunes is a much better representation of Jerome's work.
Brilliant album...not bad live either! ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

Chris Monk wrote:
I find the TDJ ROME stuff quite immature, so I must agree on that one.
24db

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
well I think most musicians produce stuff that makes them cringe later in life...in fact Jerome is one of the few musicians I know that actually said on record that there's a few tunes he wrote that shouldn't have seen the light of day. That's honesty for you!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I'd go along with that. Neptunes is a much better representation of Jerome's work.
well I think most musicians produce stuff that makes them cringe later in life...in fact Jerome is one of the few musicians I know that actually said on record that there's a few tunes he wrote that shouldn't have seen the light of day. That's honesty for you!
Had to dig it out and give it another spin tonight and it's pretty much as I remember it. Not sure what Jerome was going for, possibly some sort of club-disco type thing, not my sort of thing at all. Mind you there are occasional flashes of brilliance but too few to make it an essential release IMO.

Ulrich's stuff is pretty good though....
Erik

Post by Erik »

it's just DnB. i think it's fine work :)
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Erik wrote:it's just DnB. i think it's fine work :)

yup I agree with that. I pretty much like everything Jerome has done in his solo work