Ulrich Schnauss - No Further Ahead Than Today - New Album

sorcerer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Ulrich Schnauss - No Further Ahead Than Today - New Album

Post by sorcerer »

ULRICH SCHNAUSS: NO FURTHER AHEAD THAN TODAY (2016 Album / Digi-Pak - Stock # 1905042) CD £13.99 - Ltd Pre-Release Price CD £11.99

ULRICH SCHNAUSS: NO FURTHER AHEAD THAN TODAY (Ltd 2LP / Digi-Pak - Stock # 1905042) 2LP £24.99

This may be Schnauss's 8th album, but it's his first since he became a full-time member of Edgar Froese's TANGERINE DREAM ... and it sounds like a stunner!

'No Further Ahead Than Today' marks a new era for TANGERINE DREAM's newest member Ulrich Schnauss. Now no longer just "that bloke in TD" but a key member of the acclaimed posthumous version of Edgar's band, more people have a definite idea of not only his musical abilities and compositional skills, but also what an all round great musician he really is.

We'll leave a mini-review to someone who has actually heard it - Andy King of The Zest (TD fanzine):

"Ulrich's new album: 'No Further Ahead Than Today' which I've had the pleasure of listening to for the last three weeks (cheers Ulrich) - is IMHO 'the best' album I have heard from anyone in years. I'll go further than that and add it is *probably* Ulrich's finest album to date. If you caught any of his recent shows then you will be familiar with many of the 9 tracks featured on the album, however I think the shorter form makes them shine. Checkout track 3: 'The Magic In You' with it's funky syncopated sequence - now with added male vocals, or the closing track: 'Illusory Sun' with it's military snare rolls, mind-worm melody and fantastically extended down tempo closing.
Euphroic and melodic, the album is a jewel. I really can't recommend it highly enough."

Track List:
01. Melts Into Air (6:11)
02. Love Grows Out Of Thin Air (5:27)
03. The Magic In You (5:44)
04. Thoughtless Motion (5:26)
05. No Further Ahead Than Today (7:42)
06. Wait For Me (5:10)
07. New Day Starts At Dawn (5:27)
08. Negative Sunrise (4:31)
09. Illusory Sun (5:12)

TPT - 50:50
Laserdisc Dream

Re: Ulrich Schnauss - No Further Ahead Than Today - New Albu

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I just pre-order my copy on vinyl and CD.
I'll be looking forward to his new album.

8)

:!: :arrow:
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

CD and Vinyl eh? Nice.

Had to settle for just the CD.

Ordered and looking forward to this from our new TD band member.
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

As 'Sorcerer' mentions, this is a rather unique chapter in the ever growing TD-solo-releases story.

Ulrich had a long, commercially and critically acclaimed career before joining TD. I've been a fan of his for many years, and was both hugely surprised and massively pleased when Edgar brought him into the fold.

Edgar's influence and spirit can be heard throughout - indeed the album is dedicated to him - but this is most assuredly Ulrich's vision, and oh my word, what a vision it is.

This has immediately steam-rollered its way into my all time favourites list from the TD canon.

Brief flashes of 'pop' here and there - which I don't mind so long as it's done well, and it's done mightily well - but it's when he lets fly with the sequencers and the insanely big sound design of NEGATIVE SUNRISE that my jaw hits the floor. This track is just immense, and I hope a re-worked / extended version of it makes its way into future TD live sets.

The whole album does what few others do: it's interesting from start-to-finish, it doesn't out-stay its welcome, it's joyous, expansive, intricate, beautiful, uplifting, and all without being saccharin about it.

Buy!

Immediately!!!!
Jon

Post by Jon »

I finally bought the album. Played through it once. Brilliant album! Not a weak track, really. I think it's even better than the 3 other Schnauss albums I have - A Strangely Isolated Place, Goodbye and A Long Way To Fall.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Jon wrote:I finally bought the album. Played through it once. Brilliant album! Not a weak track, really. I think it's even better than the 3 other Schnauss albums I have - A Strangely Isolated Place, Goodbye and A Long Way To Fall.
Strangely, I prefer A Long Way To Fall to the new one :)
Jon

Post by Jon »

I actually rate ALWTF last of those 4 I mentioned. I don't think it has good enough melodies all the way through. But still a nice album.