Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests
 Post subject: SYNTHWAVES
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:09 pm 

:D New album by Thorsten & Ulrich due out just before the new TD Quantum Gate release. Have pre-ordered though CD Services in Dundee. :D

Post subject: Re: SYNTHWAVES
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:15 pm 

The excerpts which you can hear now on http://music.pedigreecuts.com/album/PED ... ave-Scores sounds very promising.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:58 pm 

Looking forward to this very much 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:42 pm 

HI,

It is very nice indeed. If I had a comment, and it would be a minor one, is that it has too many "reminders" of some sounds that TD used in many an album ... and personally, I would rather hear T&U by themselves, rather than have my mind turn towards something else.

It is nice though, and much more "modern" than a lot of the stuff in the 80's as mentioned, though I do not think of it as 80's at all ... I just think of it as music. We kinda don't go around saying that this and that Beethoven piece sounds like the 1800's for example ... music is a moment in time, so to speak, and I like those moments ... not necessarily other moments, or ideas of different moments.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:04 am 

Hipgnosis wrote:
HI,

It is very nice indeed. If I had a comment, and it would be a minor one, is that it has too many "reminders" of some sounds that TD used in many an album ... and personally, I would rather hear T&U by themselves, rather than have my mind turn towards something else.

It is nice though, and much more "modern" than a lot of the stuff in the 80's as mentioned, though I do not think of it as 80's at all ... I just think of it as music. We kinda don't go around saying that this and that Beethoven piece sounds like the 1800's for example ... music is a moment in time, so to speak, and I like those moments ... not necessarily other moments, or ideas of different moments.

I think it is supposed to have 'reminders', as you call them :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:11 pm 

:D Have received my copy today so will enjoy listening to this over the weekend. :D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:36 pm 

The best Tangerine Dream cd in years. No I am kidding. Certainly one of the best electric ones. Great job, Thorsten and Ullrich.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 pm 

Finally got this .

I like it, very much. High standard , will listen often . Think this augurs very well for the future :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:33 am 

Got the CD, very good one! Only one weak track.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:14 pm 

Have listened to Synthwaves once but I think I will need to listen to it several more times before I can make a final decision on it. On first listen I felt it was a pleasant album but there was nothing that stood out and made me say - Wow, that was brilliant!! May be a grower, but after one listen I would say 3 out of 5. :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:01 pm 

hansx wrote:
The excerpts which you can hear now on http://music.pedigreecuts.com/album/PED ... ave-Scores sounds very promising.

The link shows pieces that appear to be complete ... just not in an album format, thus the mix side of things might not be TD'ish if I can use that term. I listened to all the pieces and did not make the call to buy the album at all. It wasn't way out there special enough for me and my tastes.

But it was nice listening for an hour!

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on Members & Guests All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jump to: