SYNTHWAVES

ant
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

SYNTHWAVES

Post by ant »

:D New album by Thorsten & Ulrich due out just before the new TD Quantum Gate release. Have pre-ordered though CD Services in Dundee. :D
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Re: SYNTHWAVES

Post by hansx »

The excerpts which you can hear now on http://music.pedigreecuts.com/album/PED ... ave-Scores sounds very promising.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Looking forward to this very much 8)
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

HI,

It is very nice indeed. If I had a comment, and it would be a minor one, is that it has too many "reminders" of some sounds that TD used in many an album ... and personally, I would rather hear T&U by themselves, rather than have my mind turn towards something else.

It is nice though, and much more "modern" than a lot of the stuff in the 80's as mentioned, though I do not think of it as 80's at all ... I just think of it as music. We kinda don't go around saying that this and that Beethoven piece sounds like the 1800's for example ... music is a moment in time, so to speak, and I like those moments ... not necessarily other moments, or ideas of different moments.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Hipgnosis wrote:HI,

It is very nice indeed. If I had a comment, and it would be a minor one, is that it has too many "reminders" of some sounds that TD used in many an album ... and personally, I would rather hear T&U by themselves, rather than have my mind turn towards something else.

It is nice though, and much more "modern" than a lot of the stuff in the 80's as mentioned, though I do not think of it as 80's at all ... I just think of it as music. We kinda don't go around saying that this and that Beethoven piece sounds like the 1800's for example ... music is a moment in time, so to speak, and I like those moments ... not necessarily other moments, or ideas of different moments.
I think it is supposed to have 'reminders', as you call them :)
ant

Post by ant »

:D Have received my copy today so will enjoy listening to this over the weekend. :D
Biggus Dickus
hansx

Post by hansx »

The best Tangerine Dream cd in years. No I am kidding. Certainly one of the best electric ones. Great job, Thorsten and Ullrich.
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

Finally got this .

I like it, very much. High standard , will listen often . Think this augurs very well for the future :D
Jon

Post by Jon »

Got the CD, very good one! Only one weak track.
ant

Post by ant »

Have listened to Synthwaves once but I think I will need to listen to it several more times before I can make a final decision on it. On first listen I felt it was a pleasant album but there was nothing that stood out and made me say - Wow, that was brilliant!! May be a grower, but after one listen I would say 3 out of 5. :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

hansx wrote:The excerpts which you can hear now on http://music.pedigreecuts.com/album/PED ... ave-Scores sounds very promising.
The link shows pieces that appear to be complete ... just not in an album format, thus the mix side of things might not be TD'ish if I can use that term. I listened to all the pieces and did not make the call to buy the album at all. It wasn't way out there special enough for me and my tastes.

But it was nice listening for an hour!