Schmoelling and Waters new album and concert

Steve C
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Schmoelling and Waters new album and concert

Post by Steve C »

New album "The Immortal Tourist" due May and a concert in November, showcasing Schmoelling's 32 years as a solo artist after leaving TD. Does this mean the end of Loom?
Thomas Mc Nulty

Re: Schmoelling and Waters new album and concert

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Doesn't look too healthy. Loom page hasn't been updated in a while. In fact it seems to go to Loom's FaceBook page rather than their own site. Also Jerome has a new album out in June with Claudia Brucken of Propaganda. It will be interesting to see if the input from Moya Brennan of Clannad a good while back shows up on the new album.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Steve C

Post by Steve C »

Thanks for posting the interview, Jon. Very interesting article
ant

Post by ant »

:? I have always found it a bit strange with Jerome's attitude about TD continuing without Edgar and here he says that Edgar did not want it to continue without him, yet so many times I have read that he did - so who do you believe? Personally, and I could be completely wrong, but I feel since he left the band in 2006 he has held a grudge over something, and we will probably never know what, and that is why he hates the fact that TQ, US and HY and continuing the Dream as, all but Jerome, believe was Edgar's wish, i.e. to see out the Quantum Years. Does Jerome really believe that Edgar would not have wished that to happen?? As I say, I could be totally wrong, but that just happens to be the way I see it all. If I am wrong, Jerome, then I apologise. :roll:
Biggus Dickus
projekt-elektronik

Post by projekt-elektronik »

This part of the interview, and this sentence in particular, summarizes everything in my opinion:

Unfortunately, our ‘blood is thicker than water’ concept completely turned upside down when my mother passed away in 2000 because she always managed to be some sort of an ombudsman within the family.

And that is how it came that some persons took their chance to enter our private and band life with an ambitious intention to blow up all family ties without a qualm.[...]Because I know that he would have wanted to ensure that the band will go on within the family. [...] Edgar has never authorised or selected anybody to continue with TD without him in any shape or form nor gave consent to access his tapes or hard drives. [...] Originally, my aim was to protect his heritage from egotism and avarice from third parties but then everything turned out differently.

I believe this to be the pivotal part of the interview -- of course, you can read much into it but I believe this is why Jerome is only marginalized in Edgar's book (quite a strange thing to happen after Jerome adorning almost every album sleeve throughout the early 1970s), simply because Jerome was not all too happy with how family affairs were influenced from the outside (i. e. people who had not been part of the family previously).

But, of course, I am all wrong.
"Den Brüdern trau ich nicht. Den Brüdern trau ich nicht! Kommt alles vom Tonband." (Edgar Froese -- Signale aus der Schwäbischen Straße)
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

In this regard I believe Bianca and Thorsten more than Jerome. Too many indications that EF in fact wanted it to continue exactly the way it now is.
But Jerome may be angry at himself for quitting in the first place.
ant

Post by ant »

:? I always had the feeling that when Jerome was part of the band, as the years passed, he wanted more and more of his style of music to take over the band and Edgar put his foot down, which eventually led to Jerome going his own way. After that, I always thought Jerome had a chip on his shoulder and that is why, when his father passed away he would have been very happy to see that as the end of TD. The fact that Bianca and Thorsten agreed to continue and carry on Edgars wishes with the Quantum Years, annoyed Jerome even more, I feel. As I say, this is just how I have always seen it and it may not be true but I, too, would tend to believe Bianca and Thorsten more. Also, it appears Johannes S. and Robert W. are now doing things together, without Jerome and not under the name Loom - Does that tell you something? Is it possible they too are now seeing another side of Jerome?? Is it too much of a coincidence?? Make your own minds up but I know what I think!! :roll:
Biggus Dickus
Jon

Post by Jon »

The new Schmoelling/Waters album is a short one, 7 tracks totalling 42 minutes or so, and the last track is a remix…

:roll:

http://www.groove.nl/cd/8/80659.html
ant

Post by ant »

:( Yes, a very short album. 35 mins if you take out the remix. I really like Johannes' music, but this does seem a bit of a rip-off in this day and age. I bought it though, so I must like being ripped off. A bit more for our money next time Mr JS!! :evil:
Biggus Dickus
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

I've given the album a first listen and, dare I say it, I find it a bit bland. Maybe too much influence from RW and not enough input from JS. I also agree with the comments re the short length of the album. It is an expensive business keeping up with JS's music !
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

Strange none of their stuff is available as download. Would be happy to pay for it if it was. Can't be arsed to pay for a physical cd plus postage and then still have to wait for it.