YPSILON IN MALAYSIAN PALE

Seeker_UK
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Seeker_UK »

har wrote:Never seen a record or cd of eimp, YET!
Would you like me to send you a photo of my CD? :D :wink:
Occasionally recording as Chromengel: Click here for the music

New CD out, "Meridians" For more details Click Here
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
timer

Post by timer »

Nice one Colin, maybe i'll scan my copy of Ages 2005 ! 8) :D
timer

Post by timer »

Thanks EG !. :D
har

Post by har »

Seeker_UK wrote:
har wrote:Never seen a record or cd of eimp, YET!
Would you like me to send you a photo of my CD? :D :wink:
:lol:

:evil:

:wink:

Its ok seeker, I'll just look ats Epsilons post above if I need to :wink:
SydneyFC

Post by SydneyFC »

Just got EIMP. Can now see what all the fuss is about :D
"Sydney till I Die"
har

Post by har »

SydneyFC wrote:Just got EIMP. Can now see what all the fuss is about :D
Class album Sydney FC. was one of the first I had to get off here.

I thought you would have been champing at the bit to acquire it after posting your Maroubra Bay photaes :wink:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I have been listening (late last night on headphones and today on the big rig)

to YimP.....I do find it incredibly moving music even after all this time. When I first got a copy in 76 I was too young to really appreciate the sublime, elegant, careful and evocative music. Some people see this LP as the Rubycon companion, but its more than that, its the definitive froesian epistle - more so than Aqua imho....if no more music emanates from edgar (and I hope there are many more years of creativity to come), then this, along with a few other recordings will remain as testaments that the true magic is the music. It gets better and more brilliant each passing ear.

dribble :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
timer

Post by timer »

Ive only been listening to EMIP since 2007 :shock: :!:

I had a tape of the record back in the mid 80's, but never listened to it, don't ask me why ?

November 2007 - heads up from a fellow TD fan (Cheers) a copy came up on Ebay - I had to have it ! I set my limit and took the gamble and won. Fast forward xmas day 2007 and lo and behold the Mrs had found one just prior to my ebay win ! , but what a great xmas present.

Before I get a flood of EMIP CD hunters PM'ing, I sold my Ebay purchase to a very deserving TD fan friend at the pre meet to the Forum 2008. 8)

Aside from my story - yawn ! - EMIP is in my top two Records of all time - it's beautifull in every aspect, and to hear Maroubra Bay in Eindhoven was the topping on the EF cake.

Long live the King ! 8)
Last edited by timer on Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

timer wrote:Ive only been listening to EMIP since 2007 :shock: :!:

I had a tape of the record back in the mid 80's, but never listened to it, don't ask me why ?

November 2007 - a copy came up on Ebay - I had to have it ! I set my limit and took the gamble and won. Fast forward xmas day 2007 and lo and behold the Mrs had found one just prior to my ebay win ! , but what a great xmas present.

Before I get a flood of EMIP CD hunters PM'ing, I sold my Ebay purchase to a very deserving TD fan friend at the pre meet to the Forum 2008. 8)

Aside from my story - yawn ! - EMIP is in my top two Records of all time - it's beautifull in every aspect, and to hear Maroubra Bay in Eindhoven was the topping on the EF cake.

Long live the King ! 8)
You're a good man Tim - no PM's from me :P :wink:

and YES: EIMP is one of the most sublime and beautiful records ever (IMHO) 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote:Some people see this LP as the Rubycon companion,
I've been known to say that....

...but in my defense I will say that it is it's own recording, something totally unique, but it's the only album I know that comes close to the sounds of the mighty Rubycon. Sadly I lack the poetic words to describe it but it has been a firm favourite for over 30 years.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Just claimed a perfect copy of the original Epsilon In Malaysian Pale on Virgin label on cd for £22. OVER THE MOON!! :D
24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Just claimed a perfect copy of the original Epsilon In Malaysian Pale on Virgin label on cd for £22. OVER THE MOON!! :D
Nice one, that's not too bad!
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

I must have bought a second-hand copy of the original LP back in '85. I really loved it right from the start... The title track is just a symphony for the mellotron.
Those mellotron sounds all over the place, and yet so different from what the other artists were doing with mellotron... Why Edgar doesn't use those textures anymore, while recycling many others, I don't really understand. Well, matter of tastes I guess.
But it's not a matter of textures only, the music itself was so special.
I prefer the title track to Maroubra Bay, but both are magnificent... I think this is one of the most important record in modern music.
Like you Big Moog, I thought it was a companion to the magnificent "Rubycon" but it's quite different in the end, in spite of some obvious similarities here and there... I'd say it's less experimental and more melodic. Only 34 minutes of music but it's all great.. There isn't a single second wasted... it is unique.
"Epsilon" is my favourite Froese solo album and probably surpsasses most of TD's albums too. Edgar's solo albums had something special, that I cannot describe... and that resonates in me.

What is frustrating for me is that, as usual, my LP wasn't in top notch condition whe I found it, so there was too much scratching (something I hate on such music) and the CD version is pretty bad, with too much tape hiss, and yet some saturation in places... We'll never see a proper remastered version, I'm afraid... I do play it regularly, anyway...
I rerecorded the tape version of my LP with the CD,which wasn't a good idea.. as my LP's have suffered from poor storage conditions over the years. :roll:

I have felt the urge to buy the new version for years but I'm afraid to be disappointed... Can anybody tell me what has bee changed on the recently reworked version of EIMP by Edgar ?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Marc M wrote:I must have bought a second-hand copy of the original LP back in '85. I really loved it right from the start... The title track is just a symphony for the mellotron.
Those mellotron sounds all over the place, and yet so different from what the other artists were doing with mellotron... Why Edgar doesn't use those textures anymore, while recycling many others, I don't really understand. Well, matter of tastes I guess.
But it's not a matter of textures only, the music itself was so special.
I prefer the title track to Maroubra Bay, but both are magnificent... I think this is one of the most important record in modern music.
Like you Big Moog, I thought it was a companion to the magnificent "Rubycon" but it's quite different in the end, in spite of some obvious similarities here and there... I'd say it's less experimental and more melodic. Only 34 minutes of music but it's all great.. There isn't a single second wasted... it is unique.
"Epsilon" is my favourite Froese solo album and probably surpsasses most of TD's albums too. Edgar's solo albums had something special, that I cannot describe... and that resonates in me.

What is frustrating for me is that, as usual, my LP wasn't in top notch condition whe I found it, so there was too much scratching (something I hate on such music) and the CD version is pretty bad, with too much tape hiss, and yet some saturation in places... We'll never see a proper remastered version, I'm afraid... I do play it regularly, anyway...
I rerecorded the tape version of my LP with the CD,which wasn't a good idea.. as my LP's have suffered from poor storage conditions over the years. :roll:

I have felt the urge to buy the new version for years but I'm afraid to be disappointed... Can anybody tell me what has bee changed on the recently reworked version of EIMP by Edgar ?

the reworked version has some subtle synth washes and effects, that are noticeable if one really knows the original......not bad, and as a CD version it works very well......I have recently ripped a vinyl copy via a USB turntable and digitized it for posterity and ipod listening......the original is unsurpassed and is a classic recording......
...The wise.....are silent.....