Music

sorcerer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Music

Post by sorcerer »

Steve Roach - Live at Soundquest 2021. Excellent.

Thorsten Quaeschning - AMA, some epic themes on this.

71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Recently I was able to get Destination Berlin and Soundmill Navigator CDs for a nice price on eBay.

I knew some tracks from Destination Berlin and I quite like them. The whole soundtrack is so nice! In fact I think this album could have enjoyed interest among people who generally aren't into TD's music. It has commercial appeal, but ironically it was a limited obscure release hindering any commercial success.

Soundmill Navigator I didn't know at all, but I like it also very much. Epic ambient! The sound problems are a minor issue with headphones, but not at all on speakers. In fact listening to this CD on multichannel speakers using DTS Neo:6 Music processing gives awesome sound!

As someone who bacame a TD fan very late (2008!) in the game there are so many TD albums (soundracks mainly) that are practically impossible to collect for reasonable prices, but with some luck I was able to get these for about 12 euros each delivered. I try not to care, because there is so many TD albums in my collection! So much to listen to!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

71 dB wrote:Recently I was able to get Destination Berlin and Soundmill Navigator CDs for a nice price on eBay.

I knew some tracks from Destination Berlin and I quite like them. The whole soundtrack is so nice! In fact I think this album could have enjoyed interest among people who generally aren't into TD's music. It has commercial appeal, but ironically it was a limited obscure release hindering any commercial success.

Soundmill Navigator I didn't know at all, but I like it also very much. Epic ambient! The sound problems are a minor issue with headphones, but not at all on speakers. In fact listening to this CD on multichannel speakers using DTS Neo:6 Music processing gives awesome sound!

As someone who bacame a TD fan very late (2008!) in the game there are so many TD albums (soundracks mainly) that are practically impossible to collect for reasonable prices, but with some luck I was able to get these for about 12 euros each delivered. I try not to care, because there is so many TD albums in my collection! So much to listen to!
Destination Berlin is a fine album. Also released in a beautiful limited Record Store Day release on blue vinyl, which I was lucky to get:

https://www.recordstore.co.uk/recordsto ... K391419000
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

Insvims wrote:..., which I was lucky to get:
To be honest, I am kind of tired of the "need" to be lucky in such a trivial and simple things as music. The need for luck should be limited to things were it belongs to: Winning in lottery, getting the dream job etc. Those things alone are enough to make unlucky people feel miserable.

All limited* releases are a middle finger to the fans: 1 % of you will get this and the rest 99 % of you will be depressed...

* Limited in the way that the known demand is significantly bigger. Say, it is clear 10.000 copies of something would sell, but still only 1.000 copies are released, not even 5.000 copies that would sell out for sure. I don't get this "We don't want ALL of you loyal fans to get this." mentality. What is the point of releasing it at all?
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

71 dB wrote:
Insvims wrote:..., which I was lucky to get:
To be honest, I am kind of tired of the "need" to be lucky in such a trivial and simple things as music. The need for luck should be limited to things were it belongs to: Winning in lottery, getting the dream job etc. Those things alone are enough to make unlucky people feel miserable.

All limited* releases are a middle finger to the fans: 1 % of you will get this and the rest 99 % of you will be depressed...

* Limited in the way that the known demand is significantly bigger. Say, it is clear 10.000 copies of something would sell, but still only 1.000 copies are released, not even 5.000 copies that would sell out for sure. I don't get this "We don't want ALL of you loyal fans to get this." mentality. What is the point of releasing it at all?
As long as the album is available in a standard format I see no harm in releasing very limited editions for the most loyal fans. That is what collecting music has always been about. I don't feel miserable if I am missing out of one very rare record or two. I will say to those who was "lucky" to get it: "Enjoy that one! I hope to find one in the future". I have had much pleasure in collecting TD that way for 20 years. Even this many years later I still from time to time can add a hard to find release to my collection. :)