Pink Floyd

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:I ordered just Meddle, DSOTM & Animals remastered and look forward to see what kind of job has been done. Hopefully they'll be done well.
I've asked for the 2CD version of DSOTM for my birthday.
I want DSOTM at least !!!!!! :wink:

I have just realised that I dont have Saucerful of Secrets :? :( Must put this right asap !!!!
Not a big fan of the early Floyd. I used to have Saucerful of Secrets and Piper at the Gates of Dawn on LP but couldn't see the point of getting them on CD as I hardly ever played them.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I expect Animals, Meddle & The 2 cd DSOTM tomorrow...three of my fave PF albums..I initially ordered the Discovery box with all 14 albums and book but saw sense & cancelled it. The Big DSOTM box is tempting but there are other albums to buy around this time so I'm going to let it go.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Only Animals arrive this morning.. :x It is however a very good remaster which is only slightly louder than the 90's remaster. It is much clearer and much better than the 90's one. 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:Only Animals arrive this morning.. :x It is however a very good remaster which is only slightly louder than the 90's remaster. It is much clearer and much better than the 90's one. 8)
Might get a copy of that. I think I've probably only got the 90's remaster and it's a favourite album of mine.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:Only Animals arrive this morning.. :x It is however a very good remaster which is only slightly louder than the 90's remaster. It is much clearer and much better than the 90's one. 8)
Might get a copy of that. I think I've probably only got the 90's remaster and it's a favourite album of mine.
Just finished listening on phones and it is a superb remaster.. 8)
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Gonna get these for my birthday I think<hope> ;-)
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Just had a listen to the remaster of DSOTM...one word ..sublime.. 8)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:Just had a listen to the remaster of DSOTM...one word ..sublime.. 8)
Cool.

Hopefully I should be getting a copy for my birthday.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:Just had a listen to the remaster of DSOTM...one word ..sublime.. 8)
Cool.

The sound is very warm and rich it sounds almost like a very good copy on to a very good quality tape. This is the 4th copy on CD I own and the new one is by far the best.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Cool.

The sound is very warm and rich it sounds almost like a very good copy on to a very good quality tape. This is the 4th copy on CD I own and the new one is by far the best.
Very much looking forward to hearing it then. My wife is a big fan as well so we might sit down and listen to it together.
hansx

Post by hansx »

I have the experienced version (the double) of DSOTM. In first instance I ordered the immersion one, but changed my mind. Both cd's sounds very good. The studio one is by far the best version I have ever heard, It completely blow me away.
Not sure what to do with the other releases. Maybe in time. Anyway the experienced versions of WYWH and the Wall are also ordered,
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:I have the experienced version (the double) of DSOTM. In first instance I ordered the immersion one, but changed my mind. Both cd's sounds very good. The studio one is by far the best version I have ever heard, It completely blow me away.
Not sure what to do with the other releases. Maybe in time. Anyway the experienced versions of WYWH and the Wall are also ordered,
Totally love the new live version of DSOTM, it's brilliant. The sound on the studio album is pretty good, I'm not sure whether it's an improvement on the previous version I bought but it certainly isn't any worse.
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:I have the experienced version (the double) of DSOTM. In first instance I ordered the immersion one, but changed my mind. Both cd's sounds very good. The studio one is by far the best version I have ever heard, It completely blow me away.
Totally love the new live version of DSOTM, it's brilliant. The sound on the studio album is pretty good, I'm not sure whether it's an improvement on the previous version I bought but it certainly isn't any worse.
Totally agree with you, Chris
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I bought all of the PF remasters and theyre all good..probably the best there will ever be.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:I bought all of the PF remasters and theyre all good..probably the best there will ever be.
Difficult to believe they could make them any better. I'm having trouble hearing any difference between this version of DSOTM and the last remaster that I bought.