Music

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Echosnare wrote:A "kind" friend sent me 2 CD's of Asia live at the Carling Academy Glasgow, from their recent gig.

It's a reasonable quality soundboard recording, made for sale ON THE NIGHT OF THE SHOW.........

The Academy holds about 1,500, I'm told, & was a sell out, according to my friend, so if a band were playing there, lets say, and took orders BEFORE the show, lets say, & produced the number of discs ordered, & a small number over, lets say..... Fans could be walking away from every gig they attended on a tour with an instant souvenir, without the massive production costs of a pressing which might or might not sell out from their website or online retailers.....

This could be a way to replace the Tree, if a band such as, lets say, TD were to do this on the 2007/8 tour......

Just a wild idea, but Asia showed it works. :wink:
Quite a few bands are doing this now so it must be worth it. I'm not so concerned about walking away from the gig with a CD of the concert, as long as it was made available some time after the show. You could also take advanced orders and if you didn't get enough punters you could say "Sorry, not this time".
epsilon75

Re: Music

Post by epsilon75 »

[quote="Taximan431"]I'm listening to Rainbow Seperent Voyager & Voyager sequel great sequences also paul lawler Bronx age .

Three fantastic albums by two very very talanted acts.............great listening Geoff :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
staatsgrenze

Post by staatsgrenze »

We just saw Asia at the Pabst, Sept. 17th........ great show........
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

I got Ixlandia by Jonn Serrie today. A really, really nice piece of relaxing music.
If I do not agree with what you have to say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire, almost)
RemoteViewing81

Post by RemoteViewing81 »

Deep Roots Reggae

Burning Spear - [a]live 97

Nice Horns...no jokes Mick-- :wink:
"The aim of the music [of Tangerine Dream] is to paint surreal pictures with musical instruments."

http://www.voices-in-the-net.de/voiceshm.htm
batman

Post by batman »

Gert Emmens- The Tale of The Warlock
-IN THE SPACE AND STILL FARTHER-
(BUZZ LIGHTYEAR)
www.myspace.com/via2754
Echosnare

Post by Echosnare »

batman wrote:Gert Emmens- The Tale of The Warlock
I've read so many people here praising this, so I ordered it from Groove.... Still waiting.... :(
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Echosnare wrote:
batman wrote:Gert Emmens- The Tale of The Warlock
I've read so many people here praising this, so I ordered it from Groove.... Still waiting.... :(
A phenomenal album Graeme,you will NOT be disappointed :wink: This and Ron Boots-Acoustic Shadows my albums of the year :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Tangram wrote:I got Ixlandia by Jonn Serrie today. A really, really nice piece of relaxing music.

Another one of my favorite artists Jeffrey,try his "Stargazer,s Journey" album :wink: wonderful sounds :D
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

epsilon75 wrote:
Tangram wrote:I got Ixlandia by Jonn Serrie today. A really, really nice piece of relaxing music.

Another one of my favorite artists Jeffrey,try his "Stargazer,s Journey" album :wink: wonderful sounds :D
Who's Jeffrey? :wink:

Thanks for the recommendation, it's on my list as so far I only have And The Stars Go With You, Planetary Chronicles V1 and V2, Tingri and now Ixlandia.

Graham

:P
If I do not agree with what you have to say, I will still defend to the death your right to say it. (Voltaire, almost)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Tangram wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:

Who's Jeffrey? :wink:

Thanks for the recommendation, it's on my list as so far I only have And The Stars Go With You, Planetary Chronicles V1 and V2, Tingri and now Ixlandia.

Graham

:P

Ooops :oops: sorry Graham...............i thought you were Jeffrey,but he is tangram80 :lol: Flightpath is another Gem from JS :P
Tangram

Post by Tangram »

That's OK, thanks again :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Now listening to TDs Melrose,just had to put it on.......its great :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

The Symphonic Jean Michel Jarre. There are some excellent moments on this double disc. I wish it had been all orchestral though as the synth parts are a bit cheesy and weak.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

epsilon75 wrote:Now listening to TDs Melrose,just had to put it on.......its great :D
Melrose has got some awesome guitar and sax on to boot. 8)