Top and Bottom 5 films of the year...so far

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Top and Bottom 5 films of the year...so far

Post by 24db »

Ok here goes:

Top 5:

1. 'The White Ribbon'...not an exploding helicopter in sight...sorry Roger :). Film making for adults, ie: you don't have to be spoon fed the plot like a two year old, keep it quiet though, if Hollywood finds out...hang on...see No.2.

2. 'Inception'...even at £14.00 a ticket plus booking fee it was still great, and they were the cheap seats! Full of holes (I mean the plot...not the Imax) but what a journey.

3. 'Exit through the gift shop'...the Banksy/not about Banksy documentary. Even if it's a wind up, you won't find a better film about obsession this side of 'Zodiak'...oh and there's more laughs as well.

4. 'Bomber' a perfect little film with an emotional sting bigger than a hornet in a jam sandwich (don't try this at home kids!)

5. 'The Secret in Their Eyes'...yes I know...not as good as the 'White Ribbon' but on the other hand about a thousand times better than the tedious and bland 'A Prophet'. Who would have thought that it would be the Argentinians who would have the best comedy drunk of the year?

The worst?

1. 'A Prophet' Not a single character that was anything more than a slug, and yet still not compelling or displaying more emotional impact than a made for TV mini-series. Make me feel something apart from 'Oh god, not another reel'...sadly it didn't.

2-5. 'Heartless'...yes I've got the hump... why? only two films to choose at the Glasgow Film Festival (it was a flying visit) and we get to see 'the urban thriller' Heartless as one of them...now can you see why I'm so ****ing angry?. Urban thriller? daft horror film more like. Ah some dodgy acting in dodgy brick lane back streets (tick), whilst toofy hoodies run abaht an' stuff (tick) and script from Clive Barker's litter bin. To be fair I've seen far worse on DVD this year, step forward 'Martyrs' and 'Thirst', but 'Heartless' was the biggest waste of a ticket all year...and yet... there's still some good bits in it ;)