New electronic music magazine!

Jon
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

New electronic music magazine!

Post by Jon »

Wow, I never thought I would see a new EM magazine in 2012, but here it is:

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/m ... c-special/

Includes a free CD. I especially liked this comment:

No gear reviews, no walk throughs, just up close and personal with the artists you love.

So no Keyboard Magazine, in other words. Vangelis is one of the artists in the first issue. Of course, "our" kind of EM isn't featured too much, but let's hope it does in the future. I will surely order this. Reading a paper-magazine is so much better than reading online.

This is a pilot issue, so we better buy it if we want it to continue.
har

Post by har »

Looks interesting Jon. Will check that out, cheers.

Anyone else obtained this yet ??
ant

Post by ant »

:D Certainly worth checking out. If it continues hopefully one day we may see more great EM musicians and of course TD!! :D
Biggus Dickus
ant

Post by ant »

:) Have just purchased this mag this morning. Haven't been through it properly yet but looks quite interesting and there is a review of TD's gig at the Shepherds Bush Empire on 24th June on page 128, although a reasonable review I think it could have been a bit longer and a bit more in depth but at least it is there!! A bit pricey at £7.99 but at least you do get a 14 track cd with it. Lets hope they manage to keep this going and have more on TD and some more of people like Peter Mergener, Robert Schroeder, Klaus Schulze etc.:)
Biggus Dickus
Hipgnosis

Post by Hipgnosis »

Hi,

I have not checked this one yet, but in general, this group's magazines is a top ten look at some electronic music, and they have to make sure they have one or two really eccentric nobodies listed so you get the idea they take it seriously.

Other than this website, there really is not a very good bulletin board, or forum for Electronic Music that I have ever found, that is similar to something like "Prog Archives", when you can have the fan, and also the folks that "know" yapp all day long.

I'll reserve further judgement and see if I can check this one out further and post a review, but this group has not been very good about many of the subjects and have stuck to their top of the pops in each magazine they have done!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Hipgnosis wrote:Other than this website, there really is not a very good bulletin board, or forum for Electronic Music that I have ever found
http://emportal.info