rest in peace Edgar

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

rest in peace Edgar

Post by bigmoog »

You have passed into eternity and legend.

My love to you, Jerome and to Bianca.

Today we mourn, tomorrow we celebrate the life, the music, the art.

Farewell Edgar, we will meet again.

Silence now from me.
...The wise.....are silent.....
sorcerer

Re: rest in peace Edgar

Post by sorcerer »

What ?

Just logged on to see this. Oh No.

Please tell me this isn't real .

:( :( :(
sorcerer

Post by sorcerer »

I am gutted.

RIP Edgar, you were my musical hero. Your music was inspirational during life's challenges.

I will listen always to The Tangerine Dream

RIP
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Sad news indeed, wishes to Bianca, Jerome and well everyone.

Dream in peace
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
boruncy

Post by boruncy »

I have today read this with utter dis-belief and i am totally gutted.

Edgar you were a legend and an inspiration. You will live long in our hearts and minds. This is a very sad time indeed for TD fans worldwide. Long live Tangerine Dream.

One of Edgars great quotes:

"I left my hotel in the morning of the concert and went for a walk around town. I passed a news stand and I could read a headline that said '35 years ago they came with bombs - today they're coming with synthesisers'!

Live at Coventry Cathedral in England 1975.
Ode To Granny A
trekky and smurfy

Post by trekky and smurfy »

sad sad news, so much enjoyment for so many years, one of those rare talents that WILL leave there mark and be played and remembered for years to come.

safe journey and thank you so much
stand on hills' of long forgotten yesterdays'
Thomas Mc Nulty

Post by Thomas Mc Nulty »

I find it hard to take in. Before I opened the newsletter telling me the news, it was the last thing I expected to hear.
To someone whose music has been an important part of my life for 35 years, may you rest in peace.
Through your work you leave behind a lot of treasured memories which I will carry with me.
To Bianca, Jerome and all connected with Tangerine Dream, I offer my deepest and sincerest condolences. We have lost someone special.
Marbury

Post by Marbury »

This morning I felt an urge to listen to the 1986 Bootmoon concert on my mp3 play while in bed. I was remembering that amazing life changing experience of seeing them live in Manchester the same year. I was thinking about Edgar and other members while listening. It was only later that a friend of Facebook informed me Edgar had died. I had no idea.

I am deeply saddened by the passing of a man who's band changed the direction of my life. I had an epiphany at that concert, almost a spiritual awakening that I wanted to make music this way. Thankfully that has been fulfilled as I now write and record my own work. Thank you Edgar for showing me the way. I will continue my own musical journey.
genesis1964

Post by genesis1964 »

I was out today and my son told me the news when I came back home. I am devastated. Tangerine Dream have been part of my life for 40 years since I was a young lad.

I like a lot of electronic music but TD were simply the best. This is one of the worst bits of news I have heard in a long long time. I am numb :cry:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Utterly devastated to hear of Edgar's passing yesterday but have found some solace today in the music he left with us.

Like so many others, my life has been changed and enriched by Edgar over the years.

Without forcing any doctrine or preaching any sermon he made me look at the World in a new and interesting way. He opened my eyes to what life is really all about, not the acquisition of wealth and property but the appreciation of art and beauty. Simply he made the World a better place. It's something I'll always be grateful for and keep in my heart. Thank you Edgar. Rest in peace.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
bergen-dreamer

Post by bergen-dreamer »

R.I.P. Edgar

thank you for the most beautiful music ever created on this planet - have been listening to your music on a daily basis since '78...

...and will continue with that 'til it's my turn...

NP - Lhasa (Quinoa)
BobDSB

Post by BobDSB »

I want to un-hear this news.

Like so many others, TD has been a central love of my life for nearly 40 years. Not a day goes by when I don't listen to the dreamy music of Edgar and his special friends.

I was so lucky to meet him at a meet and greet after the Mandarin Concert in London. So much more special that it is now the last time also.

Farewell to the master of electronica. I hope your friends will continue to play your music for many years to come.

Say hello to Savador Dali when you arrive at your destination, Edgar. You must have much to discuss.

Schon reise.
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

My heart goes out to Bianca, Jerome, the Eastgate team and band members past and present. It is indeed deep sad news of Edgar's passing, for me a constant travelling companion since I started my TD journey in 1979, he will be sorely missed. I am now listening to The Last Soldier from the London Eye Concert - a concert I had the privilege to attend - a beautiful melancholic piece of music which fits my present mood perfectly.

Edgar I wish you well on your (quantum) cosmic journey.......your magnificent legacy here on earth will forever speak for itself and will continue to accompany me until the next stage.
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...
hansx

Post by hansx »

Red Morpho wrote:My heart goes out to Bianca, Jerome, the Eastgate team and band members past and present. It is indeed deep sad news of Edgar's passing, for me a constant travelling companion since I started my TD journey in 1979, he will be sorely missed. I am now listening to The Last Soldier from the London Eye Concert - a concert I had the privilege to attend - a beautiful melancholic piece of music which fits my present mood perfectly.

Edgar I wish you well on your (quantum) cosmic journey.......your magnificent legacy here on earth will forever speak for itself and will continue to accompany me until the next stage.
Cannot say this better. We will miss Edgar. Wish Bianca, Jerome and the complete TD team the best in these terrible
This is not a time to speak about a TD future. Only one thing is important and that is well being of the family.

RIP Edgar.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I am speechless right now. Nothing can describe my emotions. You have brought nothing but joy and happiness to my life since I first met your music in 1978. When I was down I would throw on an album and nothing else mattered. I hope your journey takes you to a much bigger and better place Edgar. My condolences to Bianca, Jerome and the entire TD family. We lost a true hero. Godspeed.
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!