The Divorce

Justin
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Divorce

Post by Justin »

The Divorce by Thomas Stanley (extract).

As featured on Madcaps Flaming Duty

DEAR, back my wounded heart restore,
And turn away thy powerful eyes
Flatter my willing soul no more,
Love must not hope what Fate denies.

Take, take away thy smiles and kisses,
Thy Love wounds deeper then Disdain,
For he that sees the Heaven he misses,
Sustains two Hels, of losse and pain.

Or in thy unrelenting breast
Should I disdain or coynesse move,
He by thy hate might be releas't,
Who now is prisoner to thy love.

Since then unkind Fate will divorce
Those whom Affection long united,
Be thou as cruel as this force,
And I in death shall be delighted.

Thus whilst so many suppliants woe
And beg they may thy pitty prove,
I onely for thy scorn do sue,
'Tis charity here not to love.
24db

Post by 24db »

Cheers Justin
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Thanks Justin............Much appreciated.

Just a point :arrow: with all these releases by TD :arrow: im in danger of having one :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:Thanks Justin............Much appreciated.

Just a point :arrow: with all these releases by TD :arrow: im in danger of having one :wink:
Just imagine 'if' they have something new at the Astoria as well ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:

You can stop that kind of talk right away Mr. King! There are one or two who are liable to implode, if they're subjected to any more excitement.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

Hobo wrote:
24db wrote:

You can stop that kind of talk right away Mr. King! There are one or two who are liable to implode, if they're subjected to any more excitement.
Right, sorry mate, I won't mention the mystery items ;)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Thanks Justin, but as usual, I'm too shallow to even try to understand what the poet is getting at. My problem with lyrics in general, is they are very personal and I cannot often relate to them. This is what drew me to instumental music in the first place, you're free to interpret the music as you see fit (bit like the difference between reading a book and viewing a film directors interpretation). Sorry, just me.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Hobo wrote:Thanks Justin, but as usual, I'm too shallow to even try to understand what the poet is getting at. My problem with lyrics in general, is they are very personal and I cannot often relate to them. This is what drew me to instumental music in the first place, you're free to interpret the music as you see fit (bit like the difference between reading a book and viewing a film directors interpretation). Sorry, just me.
I've got the same problem Mick. Although it is nice to find a lyric that on a few occasions can touch you. Only a few songs in my collection have ever done this. David Bowies Kooks is one and another is Ready to go Home by Asia.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

sparrow wrote:
Hobo wrote:Thanks Justin, but as usual, I'm too shallow to even try to understand what the poet is getting at. My problem with lyrics in general, is they are very personal and I cannot often relate to them. This is what drew me to instumental music in the first place, you're free to interpret the music as you see fit (bit like the difference between reading a book and viewing a film directors interpretation). Sorry, just me.
I've got the same problem Mick. Although it is nice to find a lyric that on a few occasions can touch you. Only a few songs in my collection have ever done this. David Bowies Kooks is one and another is Ready to go Home by Asia.
I've had one or two moments with Chameleons lyrics and Joni Mitchell's "Both Sides Now" used to strike a chord. Still love the words to that one!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

If there are Mystery items Andy,i will mysteriously BUY them :wink: :lol:

I hope Eastgate takes cards this time :idea:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:If there are Mystery items Andy,i will mysteriously BUY them :wink: :lol:

I hope Eastgate takes cards this time :idea:
Cards? that's a question only EB can answer, I hope so for the sake of fans who don't want to walk about London with pockets full of reddies...although a quick trip to the Jack Horner would soon sort that out ;)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

td have cost me upwards of 200 notes so far this year and it aint even 20th april

if the merch stall has mystery items, i shall have to plead insanity to the marlborough street magistrates on my appearance and subsequent charge of doing a runner with shedloads of td booty hidden in my cavity :arrow: :idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:td have cost me upwards of 200 notes so far this year and it aint even 20th april

if the merch stall has mystery items, i shall have to plead insanity to the marlborough street magistrates on my appearance and subsequent charge of doing a runner with shedloads of td booty hidden in my cavity :arrow: :idea:
either that or could just buy two CDs like everybody else ;)

I think this Concert is gonna be a good one
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote:td have cost me upwards of 200 notes so far this year and it aint even 20th april

i dont think i have ever seen a td fan buy two cds, two cds of everything twice over more like

the concert will be stunning, when them TD play track 9 of mfd, one hour of madness, with edgar on guitar i hope !!!, and live, we will be stunned...stunned i tell you

bm bids you peace and a goodnight
...The wise.....are silent.....
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:

i dont think i have ever seen a td fan buy two cds, two cds of everything twice over more like

the concert will be stunning, when them TD play track 9 of mfd, one hour of madness, with edgar on guitar i hope !!!, and live, we will be stunned...stunned i tell you

bm bids you peace and a goodnight
Two cd's is normally the limit of my expenditure! :(