Mars Polaris V Mars Mission Counter

NAVEL OF LIGHT
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Mars Polaris V Mars Mission Counter

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Mars Polaris is one of my fave EF/JF albums. Both Mars Polaris and Mars Mission Counter have got a release on the Membran label so are any of the tracks on Mars Mission Counter different?
Hyperboreauk

Re: Mars Polaris V Mars Mission Counter

Post by Hyperboreauk »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Mars Polaris is one of my fave EF/JF albums. Both Mars Polaris and Mars Mission Counter have got a release on the Membran label so are any of the tracks on Mars Mission Counter different?
I have this on order Mike,Groove describe it as a different version of Mars Polaris with 5 new tracks.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

Cheers gary...i wondered if the "new" tracks were cuts from Rocking Mars or tracks from the Mars Polaris/Great Wall Of China mix up? :?
Cyclone

Post by Cyclone »

24db

Post by 24db »

NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Cheers gary...i wondered if the "new" tracks were cuts from Rocking Mars or tracks from the Mars Polaris/Great Wall Of China mix up? :?
didn't I read somewhere that it is the MP/GWOC mixup?
Hyperboreauk

Post by Hyperboreauk »

24db wrote:
NAVEL OF LIGHT wrote:Cheers gary...i wondered if the "new" tracks were cuts from Rocking Mars or tracks from the Mars Polaris/Great Wall Of China mix up? :?
didn't I read somewhere that it is the MP/GWOC mixup?
Should have done my homework on this one :( too late to cancel my order.
TheMan

Post by TheMan »

sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Barstewards I ordered Mars Mission Counter and expect it this week.. :evil:
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

I bought my copy of Mars Polaris from Ebay sometime ago; it was the 2009 re-release version, to be exact. However, to my surprise, it actually plays the alternate version (Mars Polaris - Original Motion Picture Space Reality). They didn't repeat the pressing error on the 2009 version, did they? Both the CD and the case show the all the 2009 markings, so I'm very confused by this.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

PurpleTwilight wrote:I bought my copy of Mars Polaris from Ebay sometime ago; it was the 2009 re-release version, to be exact. However, to my surprise, it actually plays the alternate version (Mars Polaris - Original Motion Picture Space Reality). They didn't repeat the pressing error on the 2009 version, did they? Both the CD and the case show the all the 2009 markings, so I'm very confused by this.
Mars Mission Counter and the Mars Polaris miss-pressing have exactly the same tracks, as far as I can see, however they are in a different order. So it's not a repeat of the pressing error, the CD was definitely produced from a different master disc. This throws some light on to what happened to Mars Polaris and the miss-pressing.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

I'm quite familiar with the history behind the original mix-up, but I still don't understand how/why this alternate version made it onto my 2009 copy. Even if they intended to release it this way (and I wouldn't know why, what with Mars Mission Counter being released two years prior), you'd think they'd at least change the tracklisting to match the music. It's pretty deceptive to those who want to hear the songs as advertised.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

I just noticed that my Membran digipack release of Mars polaris is actually the
"Original Motion Picture Space Reality" alternative version!

this is really weird, since on the back of the package, the 10 tracks from "Deep Space Highway To Red Rocks Pavilion" are listed, while the CD plays the 11 tracks from the version above.

it is even weirder considering that membran released the alternate version with different track order as Mars mission Counter - why release it pretty much twice then (and leave out the "official 1999 version?).

In sum, it seems to be a case of history repeating - for the SECOND TIME the wrong master was used - wouldn't you agree, Chris?

I write wrong master, because the package clearly claims that this is the 10 track, 10 minute longer deep space highway version.

So, it turns out I actually dont own this version at all - one has to get the original TDI release, or am I wrong here?

VitN would have to be updated then as well, or does somebody own the membran release of Mars polaris with 10 tracks/70 minutes on the disc?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

multivit72 wrote:In sum, it seems to be a case of history repeating - for the SECOND TIME the wrong master was used - wouldn't you agree, Chris
Can't really comment on this since I haven't got a copy of the Membran release of Mars Polaris. I didn't think of getting it as I already have copies of the original release, the miss-pressing and Mars Mission Counter.... not to mention Rocking Mars. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Erik

Post by Erik »

this is the first time i've heard of the "Helium Country" title. which reminds me i still have never heard TGWOC
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

sparrow wrote:Barstewards I ordered Mars Mission Counter and expect it this week.. :evil:
:shock: I can't remember posting this and why I was angry....must be getting auld.. :lol: