For those of you who don't own...

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

Sfearical Sequence wrote:
DSJR wrote:I'd forgotten how good it is (love the non TD Brian ferry track, but Jon Anderson? - NON!)....
I think Jon Anderson's voice works well with TD's music. It's a shame though that the collaboration is illusory--the music and vocal tracks were recorded in different ends of the Earth and JA and TD never even met! Although I'm ordinarily in the "No Vocals On TD" camp, a Jon Anderson & Tangerine Dream album would be quite interesting.

I totally agree with you,i for one would very much like to experience it.....Anderson is a fantastic artist IMHO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote:
DSJR wrote:I'd forgotten how good it is (love the non TD Brian ferry track, but Jon Anderson? - NON!)....
I think Jon Anderson's voice works well with TD's music. It's a shame though that the collaboration is illusory--the music and vocal tracks were recorded in different ends of the Earth and JA and TD never even met! Although I'm ordinarily in the "No Vocals On TD" camp, a Jon Anderson & Tangerine Dream album would be quite interesting.

I totally agree with you,i for one would very much like to experience it.....Anderson is a fantastic artist IMHO 8)
I was very disappointed to find out that TD and Jon Anderson never actually worked together, that Jon's vocals were added after the event. It would have been great to hear a true collaboration.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
Sfearical Sequence wrote: I think Jon Anderson's voice works well with TD's music. It's a shame though that the collaboration is illusory--the music and vocal tracks were recorded in different ends of the Earth and JA and TD never even met! Although I'm ordinarily in the "No Vocals On TD" camp, a Jon Anderson & Tangerine Dream album would be quite interesting.

I was very disappointed to find out that TD and Jon Anderson never actually worked together, that Jon's vocals were added after the event. It would have been great to hear a true collaboration.
it's interesting to read Edgar's recent comments about vocals saying that Chris Hausl is one of the only singers who's voice goes with electronic instruments...the only other example Edgar could think of was Jon Anderson
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
it's interesting to read Edgar's recent comments about vocals saying that Chris Hausl is one of the only singers who's voice goes with electronic instruments...the only other example Edgar could think of was Jon Anderson
I think he should listen to some Liz Fraser too.
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

oh!

imagine a TD/Cocteau Twins union

:idea:
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:oh!

imagine a TD/Cocteau Twins union

:idea:

That Girl has got a great voice :P :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I was very disappointed to find out that TD and Jon Anderson never actually worked together, that Jon's vocals were added after the event. It would have been great to hear a true collaboration.
from the Carry on films? Matron!!! take the TD away :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
billythefish wrote:
24db wrote: it's interesting to read Edgar's recent comments about vocals saying that Chris Hausl is one of the only singers who's voice goes with electronic instruments...the only other example Edgar could think of was Jon Anderson
from the Carry on films? Matron!!! take the TD away :D

you are just being silly now andy

DAFT MOOG :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

billythefish wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I was very disappointed to find out that TD and Jon Anderson never actually worked together, that Jon's vocals were added after the event. It would have been great to hear a true collaboration.
I don't know of her stuff with Massive Attack, but her track with Craig Armstrong is amazing! btw: He's due for a new one....