STEVE ROACH News

bigdaveh
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigdaveh »

My box set has arrived got number 177 :D
The Stoke TDBA Division.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigdaveh wrote:My box set has arrived got number 177 :D
At last Dave,hope you enjoy the sounds mate 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Wow :!: :shock: That was fast post delivery David. Enjoy the music. On my 3rd or 4th listen since Friday night. :)
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

The latest update on Steve's site. The immersion festival. . . .and it's free. 8) What a great bargain. Here's the link.

http://www.immersionfestival.com/

I'll be there for this one. Wouldn't miss it. :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Hope mine arrives today. What will my number be? Hm, I ordered a little bit late, so I can make a guess... 448. We'll see. :-)
zygote23

Post by zygote23 »

Mine Arrived a couple of days ago.....number 48 lol.

I'm just about to grab all the Parsons stuff I don't yet have. Lush!
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

My box arrived today. No. 164. :-)

And what a beauty this box is! The wonderful photos and covers and inlays and postcards and shorter or longer liner notes makes it a gem for the CD shelves.
The spiral image on the front of the box appears handpainted, but is probably not. (?)

I am looking forward to dive into these three long-form works of mystery and beauty.

"When the destination beyond calls the heart must go..."
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Insvims wrote:My box arrived today. No. 164. :-)

And what a beauty this box is! The wonderful photos and covers and inlays and postcards and shorter or longer liner notes makes it a gem for the CD shelves.
The spiral image on the front of the box appears handpainted, but is probably not. (?)

I am looking forward to dive into these three long-form works of mystery and beauty.

"When the destination beyond calls the heart must go..."
Enjoy :D :arrow: :wink:
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

David have a good day at the gig today just wish I was there really would love to see Steve. :)
The Stoke TDBA Division.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

The Immersion Festival was last night. Featuring Steve Roach, Loren Nerell and Djam Karet. Steve started off the afternoon at 4pm with soft soundscapes blended with electronic immersions from his latest 3 new releases including Landmass. Loren Nerell stepped in to merge with Steve at 5. The two blended and mixed the sounds together as if they had been playing as a duet for years. 20 minutes into the Roach/Nerell set, Steve stepped out and let Loren take over the space. My first impressions of Loren was surreal with alot of ambiance from Indonesia. As Loren's sounds faded out, Djam Karet picked up the almost empty space and before you know it the place was ROCKED by Djam Karet. I've seen the name Djam Karet several times. But have never heard their albums or seen them live. My first impression of Djam Karet was a combination of Uriah Heep, Yes, King Crimson, Camel and some Porpupine Trees with some soundscapes thrown inbetween. From the get go I liked this band. Very heavy ProgRock. Alot of high energy these guys are putting out and the audience was really digging it. Had to exit the building for a few minutes to cool down from the heat they were putting out. A slow more spacelike finish at 7 and it was time for dinner and fuel up on some more beer. Steve started the next set at 8pm with some high fueled electronics with his dig in the middle. The climax was just at the end with a more coolness to merge with Loren back for some more indo-ambient textures. Steve and Loren mixing and mastering the sounds for another 30 minutes and Djam made its 2nd entry for even a more harder edge finish. Steve stepped back in at 10:30pm to finish off the evening improvisation as people off the street who knew nothing about the event was wondering what was going on inside this art center. By this 11pm the front floor was cover with people lying down on their mattresses and blankets and cusions. While the rest of the floor was full. A few empty seats by those who decided to take the front row and immerse themselves with Steve's sounds. The last 20 minutes was like an almost emptiness in the void as the 2nd climax was brought to a stillness when Steve broke away and the audience was up on its feet applauding the evening. Soon after I had a few words with Steve. Thanked him for another brilliant evening and widhed him well on his journey back to Tucson. He said that he is planning a tour next year that should take him through San Fancisco, Santa Fe, back to Pomona and a few other places in the states. And to finish it off in Tucson for another one day festival. I mentioned PPM to Steve for a group choice for next year. I am hoping that he can talk Thorsten into flying over the the festival next year. Unitl then.

Insvims

Post by Insvims »

Woke up to this nice message from Steve Roach on this new years day. Can't wait for his new live album described in his message below. Will be a really good one:
Steve Roach wrote:Steve Roach Update: A Grace-Filled Welcome to 2010
Greetings Soundcurrent Friends,

The Fourth Decade...

Sending you heartfelt greetings and best wishes for 2010! With time being a vital source of inspiration in so much of my work, just looking at the number "2010" is a surreal experience. There is no way to sum up the complexity of this past decade — both on the world stage and on a personal/creative level — in a brief moment, but it's been a dynamic roller coaster ride to say the least.

As I head into my fourth decade as an artist of sound, I am grateful for the ongoing freedom to deepen my connection and devotion to where these creative desires are born. Sharing these adventures in sound with you completes the circle, and your feedback, direct orders and downloads at iTunes, etc., continue to be vital in supporting and sustaining the flow. THANK YOU!

With the hourglass of life always running, I feel the surge of creative energies amping up to a new level. We have quite a lot to look forward to in 2010 with a steady stream of releases from Timeroom Editions and Projekt including solo work, collaborations and some essential reissues, as well as select concerts and other unknown factors that will unfold over this coming year.

Live at Grace Cathedral
Because of your enthusiastic feedback after I first announced "Live At Grace Cathedral", this will officially be the first CD release of 2010. I have been prepping the master and working on the cover over past few weeks. It will be a double CD, ready to ship by late January, and also available at iTunes around the same time.

The opportunity to perform at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral a while back was a dream come true in many ways, and a high point in my live performance memories from the last decade. It's a fitting release to commence the times. This will be the first live recording I've released with the natural reverberant sound of the performance space predominant in the mix. The expansive reverent ambience of Grace Cathedral was absolutely the perfect environment to experience this music within. To honor this space, I built a set that offered me options to directly respond to the unique acoustic properties I knew I was heading into. I gathered a set of options ranging from the eras of "The Magnificent Void", "Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces" as well as new pieces that would later become "Dynamic Stillness", "Arc of Passion", and beyond. The influence of the massive space and the spirit it contained acted like an unseen collaborator holding the music and all of us in a dynamic embrace. From my performance location, I could best describe the sensation as hearing and seeing the sounds constantly blooming outwards in the space hovering above the audience, collecting energy and then receding away within the expanse of the cathedral. I would spontaneously respond to this sense as it was occurring: shaping, carving, holding and releasing the music back into the void as the night evolved. Merging with Grace indeed.

Deep thanks and all the best for health and well-being in 2010,

Steve Roach

P.S. Special thanks to Cliff Tuel for all his behind-the-scenes web site support over this past year!
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

Insvims wrote:Woke up to this nice message from Steve Roach on this new years day. Can't wait for his new live album described in his message below. Will be a really good one:
Steve Roach wrote:Steve Roach Update: A Grace-Filled Welcome to 2010
Greetings Soundcurrent Friends,

The Fourth Decade...

Sending you heartfelt greetings and best wishes for 2010! With time being a vital source of inspiration in so much of my work, just looking at the number "2010" is a surreal experience. There is no way to sum up the complexity of this past decade — both on the world stage and on a personal/creative level — in a brief moment, but it's been a dynamic roller coaster ride to say the least.

As I head into my fourth decade as an artist of sound, I am grateful for the ongoing freedom to deepen my connection and devotion to where these creative desires are born. Sharing these adventures in sound with you completes the circle, and your feedback, direct orders and downloads at iTunes, etc., continue to be vital in supporting and sustaining the flow. THANK YOU!

With the hourglass of life always running, I feel the surge of creative energies amping up to a new level. We have quite a lot to look forward to in 2010 with a steady stream of releases from Timeroom Editions and Projekt including solo work, collaborations and some essential reissues, as well as select concerts and other unknown factors that will unfold over this coming year.

Live at Grace Cathedral
Because of your enthusiastic feedback after I first announced "Live At Grace Cathedral", this will officially be the first CD release of 2010. I have been prepping the master and working on the cover over past few weeks. It will be a double CD, ready to ship by late January, and also available at iTunes around the same time.

The opportunity to perform at San Francisco's Grace Cathedral a while back was a dream come true in many ways, and a high point in my live performance memories from the last decade. It's a fitting release to commence the times. This will be the first live recording I've released with the natural reverberant sound of the performance space predominant in the mix. The expansive reverent ambience of Grace Cathedral was absolutely the perfect environment to experience this music within. To honor this space, I built a set that offered me options to directly respond to the unique acoustic properties I knew I was heading into. I gathered a set of options ranging from the eras of "The Magnificent Void", "Mystic Chords & Sacred Spaces" as well as new pieces that would later become "Dynamic Stillness", "Arc of Passion", and beyond. The influence of the massive space and the spirit it contained acted like an unseen collaborator holding the music and all of us in a dynamic embrace. From my performance location, I could best describe the sensation as hearing and seeing the sounds constantly blooming outwards in the space hovering above the audience, collecting energy and then receding away within the expanse of the cathedral. I would spontaneously respond to this sense as it was occurring: shaping, carving, holding and releasing the music back into the void as the night evolved. Merging with Grace indeed.

Deep thanks and all the best for health and well-being in 2010,

Steve Roach

P.S. Special thanks to Cliff Tuel for all his behind-the-scenes web site support over this past year!
I recieved this last night also. Steve was nice enough to make a hard cdr copy of this performance for me awhile back. The first part is deep and dark and continues with lots of highs on disc 2. He also informed me that he would be releasing this sometime in the near future on itunes. I was surprised to learn last night that not only will it be available on itunes, but on cd. 8) :D I will buy this one on cd also. Steve hinted at a bigger tour of the US this year and ending with another festival in Tuscon, AZ. 2010 is going to be a very good year for EM.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

The last from Steve Roach's website. . . . .

Soundquest Fest, October 23rd, Tucson Arizona

The lineup at this point is Steve Roach, Erik Wøllo, Byron Metcalf, Mark Seelig and Loren Nerell. All artists will play both solo and in different collaborative configurations. The event will be at the Berger Center, a great performance theater in central Tucson where Steve last played in 2006. It will be a one-day event starting in the afternoon and progressing into the evening. In the coming weeks we will have details posted online, and tickets available for sale. A nearby hotel will offer a discounted rate for attendees. October is the perfect month for a Tucson visit, to embrace the music and desert atmosphere. With an intimate theater setting of around 500 seats, you won't want to miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime gathering. More soon!

He is also planning a tour around the same time as the Soundquest Fest. More details soon.
bigdaveh

Post by bigdaveh »

Well David if I come up on the lotto I will be there :!: :!: :!: :)
The Stoke TDBA Division.
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

A new surprise release from Roach & Co.:

DREAM TRACKER

http://steveroach.com/store/store.php?item=439

I really like these tribal albums.
steveroach.com wrote:The essential ingredients of ancient and contemporary shamanic trance states are fully activated in this highly potent new release. Byron carved out a collection of incredible trance grooves for nearly a year, eventually bringing in the prana-infused didgeridoo of Dashmesh Khalsa on every track. Steve joined on in early January 2010 and poured his heart and soul-drenched soundworlds into the six pieces, covering a full range of ecstatic dreamtime flow: rhythm, breath and expansion. The end result is a full-blown dreamtime alchemy of all the elements. The living, breathing percussion, didgeridoo and soundworlds are unified in a single purpose: to open to the door out of the ordinary world, initiating the listener into an empowered journey of infinite possibilities for spiritual rebirth, illumination, and transcendence.

1. Dream Tracker 20:18
2. Dreamtime Alchemy 10:04
3. From the Inside 9:18
4. Thunder Walk 11:47
5. Roo Runner 9:55
6. Realms of the Sacred Seed 12:02