Tangerine Dream Trees Series

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Tangerine Dream Trees Series

Post by epsilon75 »

As i can see this subject has been of talk here lately i thought i would start a thread on it.

I am a firm believer in the discussion of all Tangerine Dream music and an even firmer believer in the non-profit criteria of this series.
I feel a discussion of the music within the trees would be pretty much harmless as long as it stayed exactly that "discussion",we do not want people even thinking about dealing this series from this location when it has been officially ended,keep the music within the subject matter "on topic" and keep it "friendly".

"EB" it is now down to you to let us know wether or not EF agree's to this discussion,if everyone who visits here keeps to any discussion rules you may want to implement i am sure there can be little harm done. PLEASE let us know either way and hopefully what ever decision is made will be honoured and respected by everyone here.

Thank you :)
Last edited by epsilon75 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
TheMan

Re: Tangerine Dream Trees Series

Post by TheMan »

epsilon75 wrote:As i can see this subject has been of talk here lately i thought i would start a thread on it.

I am a firm believer in the discussion of all Tangerine Dream music and an even firmer believer in the non-profit criteria of this series.
I feel a discussion of the music within the trees would be pretty much harmless as long as it stayed exactly that "discussion",we do not want people even thinking about dealing this series from this location when it has been officially ended,keep the music within the subject matter "on topic" and keep it "friendly".

"EB" it is now down to you to let us know wether or not EF agree's to this discussion,if everyone who visits here keeps to any discussion rules you may want to implement i am sure there can be little harm done. PLEASE let us know either way and hopefully what ever desicion is made will be honoured and respected by everyone here.

I am going to chime in on this thread and say that the Tangerine Tree series is to me, one of the greatest acts of dedication done by fans of any band that I have ever witnessed. From my outside viewpoint, it is *impossible* to comprehend how much work went into creating such wonderful archival copies of these recordings.

On top of this, the fact that Edgar allowed it to happen was the perfect bookend to this dedication. The music is greater than us all, (Edgar and other bandmates included!) . The music will live forever. These wonderful live recordings, which could have disappeared into the ether have been saved.

Cheers to the musicians who created it, and cheers to the fans who saved it. I am honored to be able to share the fruit of your work.
Chris Monk

Re: Tangerine Dream Trees Series

Post by Chris Monk »

TheMan wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:As i can see this subject has been of talk here lately i thought i would start a thread on it.

"EB" it is now down to you to let us know wether or not EF agree's to this discussion,if everyone who visits here keeps to any discussion rules you may want to implement i am sure there can be little harm done. PLEASE let us know either way and hopefully what ever desicion is made will be honoured and respected by everyone here.

I am going to chime in on this thread and say that the Tangerine Tree series is to me, one of the greatest acts of dedication done by fans of any band that I have ever witnessed. From my outside viewpoint, it is *impossible* to comprehend how much work went into creating such wonderful archival copies of these recordings.

On top of this, the fact that Edgar allowed it to happen was the perfect bookend to this dedication. The music is greater than us all, (Edgar and other bandmates included!) . The music will live forever. These wonderful live recordings, which could have disappeared into the ether have been saved.

Cheers to the musicians who created it, and cheers to the fans who saved it. I am honored to be able to share the fruit of your work.
I'll second that. There was some great artwork done as well. They wouldn't have looked out of place on an official release.

Got to be honest though, I rarely listen to the T&L's now. With so much good TD music to listen to it doesn't seem appropriate.

I'd still like to see some official vintage soundboard recodings released though. I know that they were being worked on, there was a clip from 1982 on the TD jukebox for a while. Be nice to here something from the early 80's and late 70's.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

I was one of the unfortunate one's. :cry: :cry: :roll: I completely missed out on the tree and leaves series. Although I have managed to scrape up a few here and there. I think a total of 6-8 albums (not including the bootleg box set 1 & 2). The RAH 75 and 76. 75 being my favorite. :wink: I was able to listen to a few more on utube. It would be nice to go back once and awhile and listen to the magic that TD made back in the 70's and 80's. But for the time being the music that they are making now are just as magical. Not to mention the performance's. I've been very lucky to make the trip over the pond twice to see my favorite performer and band twice now. And I am looking forward to making the long journey again on April 1 for another historical event at the RAH. And also to meet up with the greatest fans/friends in the world. Until then lets keep the peace here. For all of us TD fans here on this forum who will be attending the RAH gig it will be special. Hope to see all of you there. :arrow: :) :wink:
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

OKAY! OKAY! OKAY!

After getting a lot of friendly pms and encoruragement in the forum I decided to post again.

But I don´t want to be part of a forum where people attack each other and get agressive. We are all here for the music and to talk about music and that should be in a friendly and peacefully way. Private differences should be discussed outside the forum. If that´s not the way I will leave this forum definitely.

And now back to the trees:

I absolutely understand Edgar and Heiko if they don´t want the trees to exist any longer. I think they have several reasons for that. One fact is the legal problem. Heiko has signed for some music only to use it for private. I know in germany you have to pay a lot of money for TV or radio stations if you want to get a copy of a broadcast. You have to sign that you only use it for private. Another fact is that some people sold the trees (when you print the covers on a professional printer it looks like a real CD) for high prices in their shops or somewhere else. And I think Edgar wanted to release most of this music officially like in the Bootleg Box or Bootmoon series but there is so much of it that I think he never will release it all. And then a fact for Heiko was that it took all his spare time to burn this millions of CDRs and I think nobody want to do the job he did.

But...

The other side of the coin is now there are some fans who really like the music of the concerts and did not had the chance to get them when they were available. An example I mentioned in another post is that I saw some of the trees for over 30 dollars!!! on ebay some time ago. I watched them and one guy bought two of them (I remember it was Reims 1974 and Sydney 1982). I asked that guy why he will pay so much money for CDRs which were given for free some years before and he answered that he had no chance to get this CDrs for free now and the only way would be some very dubios torrent sites. Isn´t that sad?

As a real TD fan I have an interest having all the trees and leaves. On the one hand I am a collector. As a collector I want to get all stuff from TD I can get, that means bootlegs, official releases (I have up to ten different pressing from the same record) and everything that is available. If I know that there is some music I never can get I will stop collecting because it don´t make any sense to me. On the other hand I am a real fan who enjoys the music very very very much!!! And a lots of other people also do so.

In my opinion it is absolutely correct that these discs should not be sold to the masses. I know that Heiko gave these discs to everybody who asked for it. But when there are a few fans who have only interest in getting some more real Tangerine Dream music for only private use... I think there is nothing wrong with it. In my circle of friends there is no TD fan so I only use this music for myself (and my wife and my kids who are the ones that have to hear this music all day...)

And I think that Edgar would have no problem with it if fans love to hear his music if they don´t make any profit with it. And what is difference between 500 fans having all trees and leaves (for example) and there are now 50 who had not the chance to get them and would have them now? We are all fans with the same hobby. Or is it a solution that this 50 fans have to load this music illegaly on torrent sites or pay high prices on ebay?

I respect very much that some fans are loyal to TD and Edgar and say that this should not be discussed anymore but I am very very sure that a lot of these fans (if they don´t had the chance to get these CDRs some years ago) would do anything now to get them. And if you see a lot of TD fans socially I think it would be no problem. But I only met some of them some years ago after concerts in germany and have no private contact to anybody. But I know all people I met there were really nice people and I hope to see some of them in the Royal Albert Hall in April.

One thing at last: Wouldn´t it be correct that this loyal fans destroy all their bootlegs and leaves and trees? Nobody does and so I hope everybody understands my message. The Tangerine Tree is the greatest fan project that ever people did for a band (as a learned graphic designer I know that the covers are really phenomenal). And there is so much work in it that if some few fans ask for it because they enjoy the music...
please give them the chance to listen to it. We are all the same! :D

And if Edgar would release them all officially one day... I am sure that all fans would buy also buy them.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Good to see you back posting :D i hope you got my PM :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
j_pertou

Post by j_pertou »

phaedra1974 wrote: I asked that guy why he will pay so much money for CDRs which were given for free some years before and he answered that he had no chance to get this CDrs for free now and the only way would be some very dubios torrent sites. Isn´t that sad?
It is sad that people are so much against torrents, that they support bootleggers making big money. I personally wouldn't provide downloads or cdr's of TT's or TL's if they are available as torrents or rapidshare links, uploaded by other TD collectors. That would be a waste of time. And I know, because I've uploaded quite a lot, burned over 1000 TT's and TL's, my burner is exhausted, and the way to the post office got boring in the end.
What excactly is it you have against downloading the TT series from torrents? It's not more legal to get it on cdrs!

Ps. Good to have you back, I understand why yesterday's episodes kinda put you off posting here.
Last edited by j_pertou on Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
When it's dark enough, you can see the stars.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

j_pertou wrote:
phaedra1974 wrote: I asked that guy why he will pay so much money for CDRs which were given for free some years before and he answered that he had no chance to get this CDrs for free now and the only way would be some very dubios torrent sites. Isn´t that sad?
It is sad that people are so much against torrents, that they support bootleggers making big money. I personally wouldn't provide downloads or cdr's of TT's if they are available as torrents, uploaded by other TD collectors. That would be a waste of time. And I know, because I've burned over 1000 TT's and TL's, my burner is exhausted, and the way to the post office got boring in the end.
What excactly is it you have against downloading the TT series from torrents? It's not more legal to get it on cdrs!
Nothing wrong with uploading or downloading these from torrents INMHO but then I have a liberal view of torrent sites in general anyway.

Putting my own personal view here. I am not a fan of these TREES myself, I have listened to a few and the quality as you would expect is not great, add to that there is just so damn too many of them, I have enough official music to listen to and collect as it is and just dont have the time and effort to start collecting and listening to these as in the end they would just be clogging up space.

I am not even a fan of the Bootleg Box Sets after getting them a few months ago.

But I can see why they are important to a lot of fans so it`s great that the time and effort by TD fans enabled them to be available for ppl who wanted them.
phaedra1974

Post by phaedra1974 »

I have nothing against torrents. I have absolutely no experience with them.

But I only would download something when I know from which source it comes.

Isn´t it so that downloading from sites that call themselves "torrent sites" is absolutely illegal and there is very much danger to dowload a virus?

I have no knowledge about that...
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

Is the NOISE that is on volume 8 from 20 minutes on to end intentional?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

phaedra1974 wrote:OKAY! OKAY! OKAY!

After getting a lot of friendly pms and encoruragement in the forum I decided to post again.
Glad to see you back and posting. This forum is usually an ultra-friendly place and your experience is a major rarity.

As for the suggestion that maybe fans should now destroy their copies of the Trees and Leaves....

...well I suspect that my CDr's are doing it for themselves. :wink:

I haven't listened to them in ages so I don't know for sure. Which in itself is a telling statement.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

Anyone anyone??

Volume 8?

From 20 minutes to the end?

Noise? Imtentional??
timer

Post by timer »

drmusicj wrote:Anyone anyone??

Volume 8?

Noise? Imtentional??
Sorry my tree disc are not ready to hand ,as they are not referenced for listening that often ! when I locate it I may comment ! 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

drmusicj wrote:Anyone anyone??

Volume 8?

Noise? Imtentional??

is this 'noise' on a new CDR? there is a distant distortion from 20.00 onwards but hardly distracting, after all, these are live non sound board recordings

some of the Concerts from 68-74-77 are total brilliance - which are so amazing that they transcend time, almost magical...incredible music.

the whole concept of the trees/leaves is one huge labour of love.

the legacy of the genuine generosity and intent of the original instigators should be honoured and respected forever.

:D
drmusicj

Post by drmusicj »

Yes thank you
From about 20 onwards sounds like a drill......LOL

Im not necessarily complaining. I was just curious if I should find a better source. Is the bootleg box plagued wth this too?