The Angry BBC Licence Fee payer thread

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

The Angry BBC Licence Fee payer thread

Post by bigmoog »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8544150.stm

they take our money every year and give it to useless 'talent' like Chris Moyles and other egostroking puddings.

they spend our money on stupid job titles for their management

they are wasting cash on the digital radio con (FM rules.....keep FM!!!!)

they have the effin cheek to cancel radio 6 and asian network

they want to chopdown the BBC website (which is one of the greats)

effers....grizzle....[post continues at thee Daily Mail]

:x :x :P :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

effers :x :evil: :x :evil: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
71 dB

Re: The Angry BBC Licence Fee payer thread

Post by 71 dB »

bigmoog wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8544150.stm
Isn't digital radio superior to FM? :shock:
bigmoog

Re: The Angry BBC Licence Fee payer thread

Post by bigmoog »

71 dB wrote:
bigmoog wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8544150.stm
Isn't digital radio superior to FM? :shock:
no and never will be

http://www.digitalradiotech.co.uk/artic ... uality.php

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/20 ... -switchoff

plenty of stuff on DAB v FM on the internet

DAB is a con, just a way to force feed us low quality sound. Its symptomatic of our cultures adherence to all things : 'digital'='better'

:arrow:
24db

Post by 24db »

The Beeb needs to save money?

ok, try this (tongue in cheek in parts).

1. 'If' there's been political pressure (by any party) for them to downsize (although the Beeb deny it, and of course they would do...wouldn't they?)...then come the election...don't cover it, head to head discussions? bin them, all night marathons? who gives a monkeys? pull the plug and have an early night and now a Party Poltical broadcast on behalf of...? record over the VT!

2. Have a close look at the TV schedule, 'quality TV'? it's sickening having the two words together in the same sentence. At best, at very best the Beeb has been sleepwalking us in a spoonfed, know your place, don't rock the boat, no-brain, dribbling, nicey nicey old age. If you need to save money...go off air at mid-day or in the afternoon (the test card has more merit than Slash in the Attic or whatever it's called). 24 hour TV? who can take 2 and half hours of it these days? Seriously when was the last time you saw something that would last in memory more than 60 minutes (or 60 seconds?), never mind decades. Dennis Potter warned us what TV would become, and **** me was he right. The Beeb in the '80's produced Boys from the Blackstuff, the Edge of Darkness and (Potter's own masterpiece) the Singing Detective. I'm lucky if I see one thing a year that I think is just good...one thing, and I like Strictly Come Dancing...so I'm hardly fussy!

back to music, sadly the Beeb aren't just letting John Peel's musical legacy die here, they are in fact ****ing on it and indirectly on us. Playlists? great idea, who wants to have variety, where's the profit in that? If you played 8 tracks to a Zoo of monkeys repeatly for 8 hours a day every day the RSPCA would have you up in court! We're Harry Palmer in the Ipcress File being tortured, but **** me at least he had some EM to listen to. Celebrity DJ's who can barely string 2 wurdz together, innit? Oh yes please. You will have noticed that BBC 3 won't be touched, can't annoy the toffs (and I like Classical Music) and the vast arid desert of Radio 1 goes on and on. A question, when was the last time you listened regularly to Radio 1? in the last 10, 20 years....ever?

DAB radio...perfect idea...and then they realised that if you broadcast in 'CD' quality then people would receive in 'CD' quality...ah and the top minds jumped into action. 'Reduce the quality' they cried, 'compress it until everything sounds like you've got the world's worst head cold...and then give the top quality to the Classical Music stations (got to look after the...etc) and the rest can go down a crunchy sliding scale right down to what? 90K? perhaps less (65K for mono). Far too easy to blame to technology, ah analog is best...no blame the ****s that made the choices for us, actually no... blame us, we let them!

happy days...what's on the Radio?
Last edited by 24db on Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

brilliant post andy...please run for BBC director general :D
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:brilliant post andy...please run for BBC director general :D
I've got a cold, I can try a slow walk for it mate.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
your coat is on I presume :D :D
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:
24db wrote:
your coat is on I presume :D :D
tweed cape, deerstalker and leather trousers...no hang on that's my mate two doors down :)
coldwater

bbc, don't let the politicians ruin it

Post by coldwater »

I know there's no excuse for getting rid of 6 music et al, but for £12 a month the bbc is the best subscription you can get.
Pay £40 a month for sky + adverts for not good progs; watch ITV for constant ads and not good progs and ditto the rest of the 900 bildgewater channels and you soon appreciate how good the bbc is.
Don't agree with paying people lots of money to push a pen around still, as well as paying people a fortune to read an autocue.

ps, just downloaded the london eye concert. god, i wish i could of gone. will break the bank for albert.
Its only the hairs on a gooseberry that stops it from being a grape...a penguin is just a posh bourbon.
EDWEIRDO

Post by EDWEIRDO »

I have complained (as suggested by Vic Galloway) here:

http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d ... VwYWdlLw==
Jon

Post by Jon »

Just the same in Norway, we have to pay to the Norwegian Broadcasting Union twice a year. Around £200 every year I guess.

I wonder how many countries have that kind of thing?
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db

Post by 24db »

24db

Post by 24db »

...and they've edited the best bit out of it...have a look on the thee iplayer