Streethawk music

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

Flashpoint wrote:
bigmoog wrote:I have no idea what the big deal is about this music, can someone enlighten me :?:
If you weren't a kid back when Streethawk was first on TV you probably won't get it. For myself it was what got me into TD.

You can pick up the DVD's maybe you'll enjoy the music as well? As for the show itself, it may have been "Da Bomb" for those in my age bracket back in 1985, but it really hasn't aged that well although the motorcycle is still cool.
I know what you mean. 8)
...The wise.....are silent.....
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

wayfarer wrote:
Whoopysnorp wrote:FYI: a handful (around 4 or 5 people) of TD die-hard fans have the complete studio score of "Streethawk" (around 4 hours if my poor memory serves me right) which TD delivered to Universal. Great sequencer stuff, but unfortunately it will never see the light of day. I know the debate of the so-called "The Keep" LP which someone swears to have seen back in 1984 or so, however this one here is the real deal. Back in 1984 TD were awesome!
Where does that information come from? As no-one has ever heard of it, in the TD camp or Universal.
Still no answer to the exam question. I can only assume that the intel was bogus. :roll:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

bigmoog wrote:I have no idea what the big deal is about this music, can someone enlighten me :?:
The soundtrack, as a whole, is fairly unremarkable amoungst the long, creative history of Tangerine Dream. But, for me, there's two reasons I long for soundtrack albums to be released;

1) As someone has already alluded to, there's the nostalgic aspect. Ok, Streethawk wasn't the best show in the history of television, but it had a heart and promise. Few series start off with genius. Look at the first season of Star Trek the Next Generation as an example; Shocking! I imagine that the story of Streethawk would have got a bit darker as time went on.
2) There were flashes of pure TD genius in some of the beautiful sequenced piano tracks. The score, like Airwolf's, contained many variations of the main theme (a theme that is as iconic as the Airwolf/Knight Rider and A-Team themes) but there were some great incidental tracks.
Examples; Jessie surveying the LA horizon, complaining of the cold (E1.06 - Fire on the Wing, i think); the theme running through E1.07 - Chinatown Memories.

The score also included familiar recycled TD tracks such as Diamond Diary, from Thief, which was also used in the soundtrack of The Park is Mine.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

wayfarer wrote:
The soundtrack, as a whole, is fairly unremarkable amoungst the long, creative history of Tangerine Dream. But, for me, there's two reasons I long for soundtrack albums to be released;

1) As someone has already alluded to, there's the nostalgic aspect. Ok, Streethawk wasn't the best show in the history of television, but it had a heart and promise. Few series start off with genius. Look at the first season of Star Trek the Next Generation as an example; Shocking! I imagine that the story of Streethawk would have got a bit darker as time went on.
2) There were flashes of pure TD genius in some of the beautiful sequenced piano tracks. The score, like Airwolf's, contained many variations of the main theme (a theme that is as iconic as the Airwolf/Knight Rider and A-Team themes) but there were some great incidental tracks.
Examples; Jessie surveying the LA horizon, complaining of the cold (E1.06 - Fire on the Wing, i think); the theme running through E1.07 - Chinatown Memories.

The score also included familiar recycled TD tracks such as Diamond Diary, from Thief, which was also used in the soundtrack of The Park is Mine.

Thanks Richard, makes more sense to me now, why TD fans like Streethawk.....cheers :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
Jon

Post by Jon »

Flashpoint wrote:I wish Film Score Monthly http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/daily/index.cfm would be allowed to have a try at Streethawk for one of their limited 3000 or 5000 press runs. Would be kick-ass.
I guess film music labels like La La Land, Perseverance or even Intrada would be more interested in doing it. FSM is not very positive towards electronic (film) music.
Erik

Post by Erik »

the music i have from it, i assume it's unofficial, is 44 tracks and about 55 minutes in total. is there any more info i can get on this at all? like what each track is, the different theme variations, etc.?
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Erik wrote:the music i have from it, i assume it's unofficial, is 44 tracks and about 55 minutes in total. is there any more info i can get on this at all? like what each track is, the different theme variations, etc.?
If you've got that amount of music from the series, it's a bootleg that isn't generally available. I doubt anyone can answer your question with no information as to the source of the material.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

I have that also
intercorni

Post by intercorni »

And as a bonus for the CD: remixes from Jerome!
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:I have that also
Again, what bootleg? The only bootleg I know was part of a fan made compilation of many rare TD soundtracks ripped from thje actual source, complete with FX. Someone was doing CDRs ages ago and I forget the website but there was no profit made just the cost of the CDRs and postage. Part of this was a series of Streethawk tracks taken from VHS copies of the episodes.
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

wayfarer wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:I have that also
Again, what bootleg? The only bootleg I know was part of a fan made compilation of many rare TD soundtracks ripped from thje actual source, complete with FX. Someone was doing CDRs ages ago and I forget the website but there was no profit made just the cost of the CDRs and postage. Part of this was a series of Streethawk tracks taken from VHS copies of the episodes.
I'd like to know as well please.