New TD album - UNDER COVER - chapter 1

krismopompas
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by krismopompas »

downloaded ist yesterday....... and the climax is "the model" because it´s so different from the original :) .......... but all in all i don´t like td with vocals besides a few exceptions.
time is the fire in which we burn (zoran)
Erik

Post by Erik »

OH MAN, Cry Little Sister is heavenly. this album is a success in my eyes (or ears i guess i should say)
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
71 dB

Post by 71 dB »

MFD 2? Tangerine Glee?

I have heard this CD three times now. I think the most successful tracks are Suzanne and Hallelujah, both originally by Leonard Cohen. I don't really know his stuff and checked it out in Spotify. The original versions sound austere compared to TD's take of them! Tangerine Dream has made magic with these amazing cover versions. Thorsten's voice suites brilliantly on these two tracks.

Also successful are The Model, Norwegian Wood and Wish You Where Here and Cry Little Sister.

The least successful are Hotel California and Forerer Young. TD is unable to do any favors to these songs here. However, the whole CD of 14 cover tracks and 77 minutes of music is very nice, better than I expected and makes The Endless Season CD sound boring in comparison!
redziller

Post by redziller »

I didn't enjoy this much. I'm reminded of Rick Stein in the USA joking that the secret to crabcakes is the crab - I like more TD in my TD :wink:

Chris suited MFD admirably, where the text and music were important and it sounded like a great blend to me. But pop songs require more theatre IMHO with the singer front and centre - this felt like Jack Dee's karaoke night.

Still - glad to see TD will do whatever it wants and I love TD for that. :D
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Its locked and loader for Under Cover for 2011. :wink:

:!: :arrow:
Okefenokee

Post by Okefenokee »

Hi,
just listened to UC again - in the background while scanning old slides :wink:
Well, it's not that bad as I thought after the first listen. It's growing on me - very slowly. But the songs that I really don't like are Space Oddity, Hotel California, Suzanne, Heroes, Forever Young, and Wish You Were Here.
Julian

Post by Julian »

I received this yesterday and have only listened a few times, but first impressions are - i like it.

I don't know if i think its good, or great, or even terrible, but it made me smile.

Individually, rather than as a whole, i find "the model" to be rather a stand out moment, very enjoyable indeed.
Taximan431

Post by Taximan431 »

Hi all just heard the under cover album ... I do like it but the originals keeps playing in my head over & Over .... What TD has done with them is good , My new wife thinks that some tracks are a bit slower than the originals & she opts for the originals over the cover versions . The Model does lose some impact as I know it is a different slant on this track taken by TD .....at first I didn't think it was a Kraftwerk Track on first listening . Leonard Cohan to be is a great artist & I do like what TD have come up with on this cover. It is a grower in my eyes ..... Well done TD

Geoff ( ElectroCelt) :D 8) :!: :arrow:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I love this album to bits... 8)
Digital Sister

Post by Digital Sister »

Played this Album more or less non stop for 2 weeks, Absolutely Brilliant, can't wait for Chapter Two.
Many Thanks to Edgar and All that contributed. :D :D
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

I (rather surprisingly) liked this album, as I didn't really like MFD too much.

But, hey, what's with Hortel California???????
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:I love this album to bits... 8)
Ditto.

Been playing it, and The Endless Season, almost continuously since they arrived. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the tracks by bands I wouldn't normally been seen dead listening to. It's no secret that I can't abide Kraftwerk but The Model is gorgeous. Likewise Depeche Mode.

...and who is G Tom Mac. Sounds like a new PC from Apple. :wink:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I've been enjoying this album today. The tracks that I dig are: Wish You Were Here, Hallelujah, Heroes, The Model, Hotel California, and Space Oddity. Really looking forward to Under Cover Part II, and after hearing just how good Wish You Were Here is, I would truly love TD to do Comfortably Numb next time; it could happen! Really hope to hear Iris and Thorsten singing on much more of the tracks next time than they did this time, that would be cool 8)
Last edited by Desert_Voyager on Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Doesn't float my boat unfortunately...................disappointed...............sorry
please save the cover songs for live gigs
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
ant

Post by ant »

:D I love this album. There are four tracks that I hadn't heard the originals of so I can't compare them to the TD versions but I still like the tracks even so. My favourites are Wicked Game, Everybody Hurts, The Model, Hotel California, Heroes, Suzanne and best of all..... Wish You Were Here. Well Done TD, a huge success in my mind and I can't wait for Chapter two. The only comment someone made to me about it was that all the tracks were on the slow side, which is true, but doesn't matter to me - it is still a great listen. Maybe Chapter 2 can be more lively choices!! :D
Biggus Dickus