Sphinx Lightning

Rogerthat
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Sphinx Lightning

Post by Rogerthat »

:mrgreen: Folks, I lived in a bedsit in Acton in 1983, and whilst playing stuff like Floyd, Icehouse, Camel and Barclay James Harvest, I picked up a copy of Hyperborea. That was it, I had found my musical grail, played it to death, and am still constantly playing Sphinx Lightning.

While I rate Shepherds Bush 05 and Brighton Dome 1986 as the two best live TD shows, the performance of Sphinx Lightning a the Astoria was for me the best live performance by TD. Probably because the track means so much, the PA wasn't perfect, but Iris' percussion was terrific alongside that mesmerising sequence.

Now live in Brighton, married with two grown children, wife can't understand my obsession with TD, but sincerely hope that TD keep playing London annually/bi annually, because I will always be there with a slightly insane grin on my face

Chris Monk

Re: Sphinx Lightning

Post by Chris Monk »

Rogerthat wrote:Now live in Brighton, married with two grown children, wife can't understand my obsession with TD, but sincerely hope that TD keep playing London annually/bi annually, because I will always be there with a slightly insane grin on my face
Well said and welcome to the forum. You can stand next to me, we'll look like book-ends. :wink:

PS My wife doesn't understand either but has learnt to live with it.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

When Sphinx Lightning kicked in i lost the plot,wet eyes all round :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Welcome to the forum! The playing of SL was special for me, too, as it was teh first ever track that was played to me back in 1983. :D
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Welcome to the forum Roger :wink:
Rogerthat

Post by Rogerthat »

:D thanks for welcomes one and all, am also considering going to any future gigs TD play in Europe, any info, updates most welcome. May be pushed for time this year, but end of this year and all next I will be able to follow the band on this, my weapon of choice!

Rogerthat

Post by Rogerthat »

PS: help I can't edit image size down :oops:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Rogerthat wrote::D thanks for welcomes one and all, am also considering going to any future gigs TD play in Europe, any info, updates most welcome. May be pushed for time this year, but end of this year and all next I will be able to follow the band on this, my weapon of choice!
That's one cool machine. My wife won't let me have one. :cry:

There was a rumour that TD might be doing something in Europe in July but nothing firm yet.
timer

Post by timer »

Mine will ! was sat astride a brand new Kwak Z750 last Thursday.
Rogerthat

Post by Rogerthat »

...hows about a ride to Koln to see TD, play followed by frankfurter, schnitzel and large industrial size glasses of frothy German beer :mrgreen:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Rogerthat wrote:...hows about a ride to Koln to see TD, play followed by frankfurter, schnitzel and large industrial size glasses of frothy German beer :mrgreen:

Sounds to good to be true :D :D :D
timer

Post by timer »

Rogerthat wrote:...hows about a ride to Koln to see TD, play followed by frankfurter, schnitzel and large industrial size glasses of frothy German beer :mrgreen:
What 's German malt Whiskey like ?
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

Hi Roger! Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoyed the gig as much as me.

I had moist eyes for a lot of the time, and am now home watching SBE '05 to keep the memories going.

Love the bike BTW - but surely you could replace those tuning fork logos with the TDI symbol? :wink: :wink:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:Mine will ! was sat astride a brand new Kwak Z750 last Thursday.
You're a lucky lad. I'd love a bike but her-in-doors won't have it. Something to do with the fact that she quite often does tissue-typing for organ donation and many of her 'clients' are motorcyclists.

Best bike I've ever been on was my ex-girlfriend's brother's GPZ900. That was seriously scary. Nought to brown trousers in under a second. A few weeks after this my girlfriend called me to say that her brother had had a terrible accident. I said to her "Well if he will drive such a monster of a bike". She said "No. He was in the passenger seat of my Dad's car and they were broadsided by a bus whilst stationary". :shock:

I'm sure there's a moral to that story.
timer

Post by timer »

Best bike i had was a Kwak ZZR600 - Wheelied in every gear ! the propect of having to find work necessitates two modes on transport.