April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

Post by sparrow »

Poland will be restored to the original 2 CD version but I don't think it will be the whole original performance. Zeit will come out as a 2 cd set too..with the cologne concert from that era added...I will buy the buggers...If I get permission.. :roll: :wink: :idea: 8)
Chris Monk

Re: April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:Poland will be restored to the original 2 CD version but I don't think it will be the whole original performance. Zeit will come out as a 2 cd set too..with the cologne concert from that era added...I will buy the buggers...If I get permission.. :roll: :wink: :idea: 8)
That's good news. Does the Poland 2CD come with any extras?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

Poland is one of my fave albums, would love to hear the full set...hope it comes out.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
sparrow wrote:Poland will be restored to the original 2 CD version but I don't think it will be the whole original performance. Zeit will come out as a 2 cd set too..with the cologne concert from that era added...I will buy the buggers...If I get permission.. :roll: :wink: :idea: 8)
Don't think so Chris it'll probably just be the full original album. It means my 2 cd relativity copy won't be worth tuppence now. Paid quite a bit for it a few years back on e bay. :roll:
24db

Post by 24db »

Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Don't think so Chris it'll probably just be the full original album. It means my 2 cd relativity copy won't be worth tuppence now. Paid quite a bit for it a few years back on e bay. :roll:
Me too and quite a few others I'd imagine.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:one last post, just to correct this...Zeit and Poland will be released at the end of May, not april
Phew.
More time to save up the money.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

And I've just decided to buy Poland as it was, a single CD... a couple of months ago after so many years of keeping with my good old double LP... Sh** ! :x . Why do I always do that ?
rigel

Post by rigel »

I bought the 2cd Relativity release of Poland from CDS in Scotland in the early 1990s. It cost me £21.95!

This album could do wih remastering. The sound level is too quiet when transferred to MP3...
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Which label is re-releasing Zeit and Poland, by the way ? :shock:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Esoteric.
har

Post by har »

Have to say I am a tad EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! about the Zeit news. 8)

This will be good.

I am hoping for AC and ATEM special editions with additional stuff also :!:
PurpleTwilight

Post by PurpleTwilight »

After getting the 2-CD Relativity copy of Poland at a reasonable price several months ago, I'll politely pass on this deal. Bonus content would be a little interesting, but then, it'd have to be ultra special. Otherwise, I'm fine with my copy and its sound quality.

As for Zeit, I don't even own the original. So...
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

PurpleTwilight wrote:After getting the 2-CD Relativity copy of Poland at a reasonable price several months ago, I'll politely pass on this deal. Bonus content would be a little interesting, but then, it'd have to be ultra special. Otherwise, I'm fine with my copy and its sound quality.

As for Zeit, I don't even own the original. So...
Although not a loud as the single CD remaster the Relativity 2 cd version is far superior. More depth and not too in your face. Of course IMO it is better on vinyl.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

From CD Services:

TANGERINE DREAM: ZEIT (2CD - New 2011 Remaster - Stock # T1415827) Normally 2CD £15.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £13.99
Esoteric Recordings have announced the release of a Newly Remastered Edition of the classic album 'Zeit' by Tangerine Dream. Released in August 1972 on the OHR label in Germany, 'Zeit' was recorded at the Dierks Studio near Cologne and also featured a guest appearance by Florian Fricke of Popol Vuh. One of the group s finest early albums, 'Zeit' was enthusiastically championed in the UK by the late John Peel, and was a major breakthrough for Tangerine Dream.
This Newly Remastered Edition includes a Previously Unreleased Bonus CD of Tangerine Dream's legendary Klangwaldt performance recorded in Cologne in November 1972, and also fully restores the entire unedited double LP version to Compact Disc and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Deluxe Booklet with New Essay.
Track List - Disc 1 [Zeit - The Original Album]:
01. Birth Of Liquid Plejades
02. Nebulous Dawn
03. Origin Of Supernatural Probabilities
04. Zeit
Track List - Disc 2 [The Klangwaldt Performance - Cologne November 1972)
01. Klangwaldt - Part One
02. Klangwaldt - Part Two

We have to inform you that there are also plans to issue 'Zeit' as a Limited Edition Collectors Boxed Set that will contain the 2CD set (as above), a Double LP pressed Blue Vinyl of the same in a Gate-Fold Sleeve with copy of Original Insert, plus a 7" x 7" Book and Various Postcards Cards etc.
This should happen around June 2011, but the price will be at least £50 + Shipping.
If you are interested, then please let us know a.s.a.p.
These boxed sets will be limited to just 1000 copies worldwide.

TANGERINE DREAM: POLAND (2CD - 2011 Remaster / Complete Un-Edited Performance - Stock # T1415828) Normally 2CD £15.99 - Ltd Offer 2CD £13.99
Esoteric Recordings have announced the release of a Newly Remastered Edition of 'Poland-The Warsaw Concert' by Tangerine Dream. On the 10th December 1983, Edgar Froese, Chris Franke and Johannes Schmoelling performed a legendary concert in the Ice Stadium in Warsaw - a unique event, given the political situation in Poland at the time. The resulting 'live' album was issued as a double LP set on the Jive Electro label the following year to great acclaim. Of all the subsequent CD releases of the album, only two early editions, released in the USA & Germany, featured the full un-edited version of the original double LP. This Newly Remastered Edition fully restores the Entire Unedited Double LP Version to Compact Disc and includes a Lavishly Illustrated Deluxe Booklet with New Essay.
Track List - Disc 1:
01. Poland
02. Tangent
Track List - Disc 2:
01. Barbakane
02. Horizon