ASTORIA 20TH APRIL 2007

xsaram3
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: I agree

Post by xsaram3 »

redziller wrote:
xsaram3 wrote:
harmonicaman wrote:Well I disagree.

The first part of the set, the MFD set was note perfect because it wasn't live, with the exception of vocals and some limited guitar work, IC and TQ's percussion bore no resemblance to the sound coming out of the speakers. And TQ's acoustic guitar "work" of Lake Of Pnnchartrain - well, when his gtr strap comes off his shoulders and he readjusts it - removing both hands from string and fret board yet the guitar in the track itself keeps on playing - well its more than a fair bet that its not live.

The second half the the set, after the singer left, was different. The whole sound from the PA gained more depth - as instruments were actually turned on and played, especially noticeable in the drums and percussions.

90 minutes of last night were very very good.
the first hour was a sham, my wife went to the show with me last night - and the first hour for her was like spotting a microphone in a movie - the music came secondary to spotting the obvious m.ime.

EF may want more women to attend shows, well theres one who probably wont be attending any more.

The band and most of the poeple have to accept MFD is a failure and move on - you may like it and good for you, but last night The Astoria was half empty, I've seen it full every christmas at the Hawkwind Christmas bash and I don't like watching TD in a half empty club.

And a question for those who walked around clutching your carrier bags full of merchandise, wearing your TD t shirts that you wear at every gig, because I see you there and read your posts here and in another place- well, last night several of you were proudly proclaiming that you have bought "my stuff and the stuff for ebay" - so do you think ripping off TD fans is a good way to cover your expenses getting to the shows ?. Buying 5 - 10 copies of the single - and the signed posters and stuff -
bought just to flog on ebay when the remainders would be sold on this site for the same as show price - disgraceful :evil:

As you can gather I'm not a happy fan this morning - bujt at least I don't try and rip any others off

I was very dispaointed with MFd! please lets not go down that road!
TD do what you do best! Play Electronic based Instrumental rock music.

Does anyone now if one of the tacks was from springtime in Nagasaki?
i think it was one of the first tracks in the excellent second half of the show
it had a sort of "Japaneese" sound to it?

The second half of the show certainly did go too quick.

lets hope for more dates soon WITHOUT any MFD no offence Chris!
SiN didn't feature but the track you're thinking of is on the ep - track lady monk derived from zen garden on le parc

Thanx
Does MFD feature on the EP?
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote::D :wink:

a pleasure to finally meet thee :arrow:

mg the 40 ears is the first inn a series of one :arrow: :P
Sorry thee couldn't make it, Thou had a great time, and them wanted more analog tosh. BIG review to follow on thee blog
24db

Re: I agree

Post by 24db »

xsaram3 wrote:
redziller wrote:
xsaram3 wrote:
I was very dispaointed with MFd! please lets not go down that road!
TD do what you do best! Play Electronic based Instrumental rock music.

Does anyone now if one of the tacks was from springtime in Nagasaki?
i think it was one of the first tracks in the excellent second half of the show
it had a sort of "Japaneese" sound to it?

The second half of the show certainly did go too quick.

lets hope for more dates soon WITHOUT any MFD no offence Chris!
SiN didn't feature but the track you're thinking of is on the ep - track lady monk derived from zen garden on le parc

Thanx
Does MFD feature on the EP?
no :)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

24db wrote:
bigmoog wrote::D :wink:

a pleasure to finally meet thee :arrow:

mg the 40 ears is the first inn a series of one :arrow: :P
Sorry thee couldn't make it, Thou had a great time, and them wanted more analog tosh. BIG review to follow on thee blog

:D :shock: :roll:

THEE ARE VELLY FUNNY.......im reading observer musick monthly cobblersonn em and tee dee
...The wise.....are silent.....
redziller

Post by redziller »

bigmoog wrote:the

thee

theeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

redziller, once again a pleasure to chat wiv thou......wasnt the gig 100 percento TD?

gawd it was great...and as for the limited compact disc: fuching the best thing since the last effer :arrow:

It is a glory to have witnessed. Forget the discussions about how the artists chose to present their art (and it is their choice).

Great gig - great fans - great day altogether. And there's more to come.

The weirdest part for me was having took German in school a long, long time ago mainly I guess as a part of passion for TD I actually ended up speaking a couple of broken (or should that be drunken) sentences to TQ after.

Good to come away with CDs - yours and the banging EP. Good to see you & Mick & Theo & Wolfman & Ben & Stephen (nightbus again) and familiar faces whose names I'm catching up on.

I'm suddenly reminded of a representation of life in Jainism...
some dead monk wrote: The Man in the Well or the Jungle Traveler:A solitary man journeys on a narrow track through a dense jungle. Suddenly he sees himself confronted by a gigantic, rabid elephant about to impale him on yellow tusks. He turns to escape but finds his path barred by a sword-wielding demoness. He tries to climb up a tree, but fails because its bark is smooth like glazed pottery. Just as he is about to be disemboweled by a combination of elephant tusks and the blade of a sword, he notes an old, overgrown well at the foot of the tree. He takes a flying leap, and manages to hold on to a few of the reeds growing at the edge of the well. He looks down, and discovers the bottom of the well crawling with snakes, a giant, hungry python in the center, its jaws agape in expectation of a fine meal. Looking up, he sees a white mouse and a black mouse gnawing away at the roots of the frail reeds which are his only support. He hears the elephant madly attacking the tree and feels something fall on his head. It is a honeycomb, dislodged by the elephant's charge. Bees a buzzing furiously, tormenting him with their stings. But a drop of honey slides down his face and falls on his lips. Eagerly he licks the sweetness. He forgets his peril and thinks of nothing but obtaining more honey.

It isn't really an appropriate metaphor but the honey is TD for me.

Cheers BM!
Last edited by redziller on Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Hyperboreauk wrote:
endorphin wrote:Andy - absolutely superb pictures mate, good job! You've really done the light show justice there. :D
I agree great work again Andy looking forward to your review.
Great photos Andy. There's a lot of stuff on the backdrop that I missed, as I was intent on watching the band!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
Hyperboreauk wrote:
endorphin wrote:Andy - absolutely superb pictures mate, good job! You've really done the light show justice there. :D
I agree great work again Andy looking forward to your review.
Great photos Andy. There's a lot of stuff on the backdrop that I missed, as I was intent on watching the band!
Mee too. I'm looking at photos (great BTW) and thinking I don't remember that.
coldwater

please tell me, aaaahh!

Post by coldwater »

The brilliant Bernhard guitar riff towards the end, duplicated by linda on the sax (sorry thats the only description i can give), anyone know what it was? Can't get the riff out off my head.
Oh, and i was at the front, 1st half played, 2nd half live. Don't care though.
epsilon75

Re: please tell me, aaaahh!

Post by epsilon75 »

coldwater wrote:The brilliant Bernhard guitar riff towards the end, duplicated by linda on the sax (sorry thats the only description i can give), anyone know what it was? Can't get the riff out off my head.

Must have been "House of Rising Sun" Coldwater :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

epsilon75 wrote:
coldwater wrote:The brilliant Bernhard guitar riff towards the end, duplicated by linda on the sax (sorry thats the only description i can give), anyone know what it was? Can't get the riff out off my head.

Must have been "House of Rising Sun" Coldwater :wink:

It wasn't that - i know how that one goes.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

I think it was a metalled up version of the Rare Bird part of Tangents from Poland.
coldwater

Post by coldwater »

Chris Monk wrote:
I think it was a metalled up version of the Rare Bird part of Tangents from Poland.
thanks chris - my poland is the 3 track one - without tangents (i shall rectify)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
Yes correct Chris...........spot on :wink: :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Fozziebear

Post by Fozziebear »

Great show, great meet up, great graphics.

Do any of the show graphics appear on the MFD DVD?

Fozziebear
endorphin

Post by endorphin »

Fozziebear wrote:Great show, great meet up, great graphics.

Do any of the show graphics appear on the MFD DVD?

Fozziebear
Hi Fozziebear

Welcome to the forum :D

The MFD DVD has got the band members in period costume and some atmospheric shots of 18th century architecture which featured in some of the projections used but none of the more colourful and trippier CGI elements that were also used on the night. For the most part, the DVD is studio footage but still very enjoyable none the less.