Live in America DVD

wayfarer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Live in America DVD

Post by wayfarer »

Hi fellow fans! I did a search on this and couldn't find anything, so big apologies if this has been discussed before.

Is the 2-disc Live In America DVD any good? I'd be grateful for your views as I am thinking of getting hold of a copy.
timer

Post by timer »

It's not bad, it's one DVD and one CD from what (I can recall !
all from the 220volt release.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Yes Well worth the purchase IMHO 8)
Dvd tracks on it are:

1. Two Bunch Palms
2. Dolls in the Shadow
3. Treasure of Innocence
4. Oriental Haze
5. Graffiti Street
6. Backstreet Hero
7. Phaedra
8. Love on a Real Train
9. Hamlet
10. Purple Haze
11. Logos (Credits)
http://heyzradio.com
For Tim - Always in our thoughts and hearts, the dream remains the same
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Thanks guys! Virgin megastores here I come! 8)
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

Before you do, note that much of the footage is littered with [rather dated and annoying] computer graphics from the time.

But most notably, is the picture quality. In a nutshell, the transfer is not very good. :(

But all told, if you don't own it and weren't fortunate enough to see it live, you should probably pick this up!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Beaubourg wrote:Before you do, note that much of the footage is littered with [rather dated and annoying] computer graphics from the time.

But most notably, is the picture quality. In a nutshell, the transfer is not very good. :(

But all told, if you don't own it and weren't fortunate enough to see it live, you should probably pick this up!
Most gutting is Phaedra88 version where you dont see the band at all,the same on Love on a Real Train :roll: :cry:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

yeh the love on a real train footage is rubbish, doesnt do that amazing track any justice. you can see most of the footage on youtube. might be worth looking at it there before getting it.
Last edited by cantosis on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Oh well, got it now. I didn't think £14 was a bad price for a DVD and CD. I won't judge it alongside Tempodrome 2006 and SBE2005. I hope the CD audio is ok.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

wayfarer wrote:Oh well, got it now. I didn't think £14 was a bad price for a DVD and CD. I won't judge it alongside Tempodrome 2006 and SBE2005. I hope the CD audio is ok.
Stop! You can get it for £5 from http://www.selectadisc.co.uk/product_pa ... ?tid=36093
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
wayfarer wrote:Oh well, got it now. I didn't think £14 was a bad price for a DVD and CD. I won't judge it alongside Tempodrome 2006 and SBE2005. I hope the CD audio is ok.
Stop! You can get it for £5 from http://www.selectadisc.co.uk/product_pa ... ?tid=36093
Selectadisc can be very slow, plus they can advertise stuff they haven't got in. Worth calling them up though
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

wayfarer wrote:I hope the CD audio is ok.
The CD audio is OK. It's just the soundtrack of the DVD and therefore slightly different to the 220 Volt Live CD.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D The audio cd is your best bet, if your prepared for the rather abrupt start to the music. Nearly gave me a heart attack the first time I heard it :!: :roll: :wink:
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
:oops: Oops!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

This Live America DVD looks Poor Video Quality Looks Terrible.
It a Good Thing I Have on LD Version the Quality Looks Good.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Not in the same league as Tempodrom SBE DVDs,but it could have been excellent had we been given the whole concert :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.