Johannes Schmoelling

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

Needless to say I like both Neptunes and SMT. They're a bit of a departure from the work Jerome did in TD but then I think he is trying for something a little different. I also know one or two people who like Jerome's new direction that wouldn't be caught dead listening to TD so I'm not too surprised that some TD fans aren't so keen.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
rigel

Post by rigel »

Both albums are very good, but Shiver Me Timbers is a better album than Neptunes. A shame about the delayed release of Far Side of the Face, but something to look forward to later this year.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

rigel wrote:Both albums are very good, but Shiver Me Timbers is a better album than Neptunes. A shame about the delayed release of Far Side of the Face, but something to look forward to later this year.

I used to dislike Neptunes but I stuck with it and now I think its a really good album still much prefer Shiver Me Timbers as well though. I think Jerome has developed his own sound which can only be a good thing for future albums
rigel

Post by rigel »

cantosis wrote:
rigel wrote:Both albums are very good, but Shiver Me Timbers is a better album than Neptunes. A shame about the delayed release of Far Side of the Face, but something to look forward to later this year.

I used to dislike Neptunes but I stuck with it and now I think its a really good album still much prefer Shiver Me Timbers as well though. I think Jerome has developed his own sound which can only be a good thing for future albums
I couldn't agree more. Funny how some music grows on you over time. I think Neptunes has some stand out tracks such as Radio Pluto and A Room in a House... but other darker, ambient pieces perhaps require more time to fully appreciate. Of course it's all subjective to the individual listener.

I for one love and admire the musical direction Jerome Froese has taken with his solo work. There are nods to his musical past with TD on his albums, but I believe with tracks like Mrs. Misty Kiss, Airborne, The Speed of Snow and Microsurfing Channels (way too good to be just a bonus track on an EP!) he has excelled himself, matured as an artist and developed his own unique style and signature sound. So glad that he and Johannes Schmoelling are joining forces to make music!
hansx

Post by hansx »

rigel wrote:
cantosis wrote:

I couldn't agree more. Funny how some music grows on you over time. I think Neptunes has some stand out tracks such as Radio Pluto and A Room in a House... but other darker, ambient pieces perhaps require more time to fully appreciate. Of course it's all subjective to the individual listener.

I for one love and admire the musical direction Jerome Froese has taken with his solo work. There are nods to his musical past with TD on his albums, but I believe with tracks like Mrs. Misty Kiss, Airborne, The Speed of Snow and Microsurfing Channels (way too good to be just a bonus track on an EP!) he has excelled himself, matured as an artist and developed his own unique style and signature sound. So glad that he and Johannes Schmoelling are joining forces to make music!
He, wrong topic. :) Am very happy to see Johannes finally live on stage. Love his music. But I guess this concert will give only new music of the two and a lot of TD music.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
rigel wrote:
cantosis wrote:

He, wrong topic. :) Am very happy to see Johannes finally live on stage. Love his music. But I guess this concert will give only new music of the two and a lot of TD music.
Jerome's webpage says that the show will contain tracks from their solo albums.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
TangFanIRL

New JS album on the way

Post by TangFanIRL »

News from the News section of Johannes's website says: Rumours go that there will be a new album by Johannes Schmoelling to be released in September.
More info soon...
bergen-dreamer

Re: New JS album on the way

Post by bergen-dreamer »

TangFanIRL wrote:News from the News section of Johannes's website says: Rumours go that there will be a new album by Johannes Schmoelling to be released in September.
More info soon...
Excellent news :D :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TangFanIRL wrote:News from the News section of Johannes's website says: Rumours go that there will be a new album by Johannes Schmoelling to be released in September.
More info soon...
Brilliant. Credit card on stand-by.
rigel

Post by rigel »

More info soon...
That is a nice surprise indeed. Look forward to it :D
hansx

Post by hansx »

rigel wrote:
More info soon...
That is a nice surprise indeed. Look forward to it :D
Me too, will be the first time I see Johannes live.
RonB

E-Live 2011 update

Post by RonB »

To all who still want to attent the E-Live show of Loom, don't wait to long we are down to less then 35 tickets!!

All info is at www.E-Live.nl
TangFanIRL

Post by TangFanIRL »

Snippets from Johannes's new 'time and tide' Cd can he heard by going to the Discography section of his website and linking to the new CD link there! Sounds good! :)
rigel

Post by rigel »

TangFanIRL wrote:Snippets from Johannes's new 'time and tide' Cd can he heard by going to the Discography section of his website and linking to the new CD link there! Sounds good! :)
It does sound promising.

Jonas Behrens also appeared on "A Thousand Times." Does anyone have information about him that they wish to share?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

TangFanIRL wrote:Snippets from Johannes's new 'time and tide' Cd can he heard by going to the Discography section of his website and linking to the new CD link there! Sounds good! :)
Some really beautiful music there. Can't wait for the full album. Love the piano piece.