Tangerine Dream goes Blu-Ray?

T4N63R1N3 DR34M
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:
ant wrote::( According to CDS in Dundee the Membran warehouse has gone up in smoke so apart from existing copies held by stockists these two concerts may never see the light of day on Blu-Ray again, unless TD can get them released by someone else???

If that does happen then maybe we can get them with proper 5.1 sound!!

At least I have my two copies to cherish. :)
Oops. That's not good. was thinking of buying these some time in the future...

...probably when I've got a Blu-Ray player. :oops:
Just got both off Amazon. But ONIS is listed as a DVD: the picture shows the Blu-Ray cover (with the FSK rating thing ruining it :evil: )

I bought it based on the picture and release date of 2011, hoping it was Blu-Ray and not DVD. And it is. I sent a note to Amazon to get them to update the description. Dunno if they will.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

I hope Tangerine Dream goe's Blu-ray for long. :roll:

:!: :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
ant wrote::( According to CDS in Dundee the Membran warehouse has gone up in smoke so apart from existing copies held by stockists these two concerts may never see the light of day on Blu-Ray again, unless TD can get them released by someone else???

If that does happen then maybe we can get them with proper 5.1 sound!!

At least I have my two copies to cherish. :)
Oops. That's not good. was thinking of buying these some time in the future...

Just got both off Amazon. But ONIS is listed as a DVD: the picture shows the Blu-Ray cover (with the FSK rating thing ruining it :evil: )

I bought it based on the picture and release date of 2011, hoping it was Blu-Ray and not DVD. And it is. I sent a note to Amazon to get them to update the description. Dunno if they will.
ONIS arrived and is indeed the Blu-ray version.
Amazon have also amended their description and still have
some in stock according to their site:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tangerine-Dream ... sbs_m_h__6
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Oops. That's not good. was thinking of buying these some time in the future...

Got my copies from amazon.co.uk the other day....

...now all I need is a BluRay player. :oops:
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Chris Monk wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote: Just got both off Amazon. But ONIS is listed as a DVD: the picture shows the Blu-Ray cover (with the FSK rating thing ruining it :evil: )

Got my copies from amazon.co.uk the other day....

...now all I need is a BluRay player. :oops:
Ha!!!

Just installed the new BluRay player and watched One Night in Space. Can't believe the difference in the picture quality, it's awesome. You can easily read the graphics on the flat screen TVs and everything is in superb clarity. Even the colours look brighter than the DVD.

Can't really say much about the sound as they both sound pretty much the same to me, coming, as they do, through the same sound system.

...but the picture is just jaw-droppingly good.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

:shock: Blue Ray player will be winging it's way here...in time for Xmas.. :idea:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

sparrow wrote::shock: Blue Ray player will be winging it's way here...in time for Xmas.. :idea:
I can't believe the improvement in the image quality. Even my missus was impressed when I showed her...

...and she's not easily impressed. :wink:
ant

Post by ant »

:) Agreed - the picture quality is superb on both Blu ray releases, it is just the sound which I still cannot work out. Neither seem to be proper 5.1, as I said earlier, as neither register on my 5.1 amp as being so. Both tracks seem to be just Dolby Surround with one track more muted than the other. Very strange but worth buying, if you can still find some around, just for the great picture quality alone!! :)
Biggus Dickus
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ant wrote::) Agreed - the picture quality is superb on both Blu ray releases, it is just the sound which I still cannot work out. Neither seem to be proper 5.1, as I said earlier, as neither register on my 5.1 amp as being so. Both tracks seem to be just Dolby Surround with one track more muted than the other. Very strange but worth buying, if you can still find some around, just for the great picture quality alone!! :)
Yeh, like I say I can't really comment about the sound as it sounds the same to me but then they are both going through the same sound system. Maybe if I had a decent sound system attached I might notice a difference, not sure about that. Picture quality is just astounding though.

Must admit I'd always thought just how much better can it be, well now I know. :wink:
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Whens Tangerine Dream switch over too Blu-ray Disc :?:

T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Whens Tangerine Dream switch over too Blu-ray Disc :?:

One Night In Space and London Eye Concert were both released in August this year I think. (I bought them both in August anyway)

The picture is excellent.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Laserdisc Dream wrote:Whens Tangerine Dream switch over too Blu-ray Disc :?:

One Night In Space and London Eye Concert were both released in August this year I think. (I bought them both in August anyway)

The picture is excellent.
Got a feeling that the next concert film will be a Blu-Ray release.
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Watched ONIS the other night and really for a blu-ray I'm not impressed. Apart from the obvious sound issues, the picture (for blu-ray) is atrocious. Yes, you can tell in some parts that it's hi-def but on the whole ONIS DVD up-scaled to 1080p looks very nearly the same. So all in all not a good release for me.

Hope the Tenerife gig is going to fare better.

That said, the Forum blu-ray, the picture was excellent.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
ant

Post by ant »

:? Am surprised you found not much difference in the picture quality on ONIS as I found them both to be far superior to the DVD releases. :shock:
Biggus Dickus
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ant wrote::? Am surprised you found not much difference in the picture quality on ONIS as I found them both to be far superior to the DVD releases. :shock:
Ditto. I was astounded by the improvement in picture quality. I even played it simultaneously with the DVD for my wife and she was very impressed, not something that happens often.