April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

bergen-dreamer
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bergen-dreamer »

Got my Zeit-box (508/1000) today :D :D

What a beauty :P 8) :!:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bergen-dreamer wrote:Got my Zeit-box (508/1000) today :D :D

What a beauty :P 8) :!:
It is gorgeous. Up there with the 70-80s Box Set IMHO.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Jon

Post by Jon »

24db wrote:
Jon wrote:Several negative comments about the Zeit box over at emportal.info
thanks for bringing me into it...it was much appreciated

best wishes to Michael Hoenig's No 1 fan ;)
Excuse me?

I guess you were "into it" before I mentioned it. I'm completely aware that you have nothing to do with the sound quality, but you are involved in the release, like it or not.
24db

Post by 24db »

Jon wrote:
24db wrote:
thanks for bringing me into it...it was much appreciated

best wishes to Michael Hoenig's No 1 fan ;)
Excuse me?

I guess you were "into it" before I mentioned it. I'm completely aware that you have nothing to do with the sound quality, but you are involved in the release, like it or not.
Last edited by 24db on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marakesh

Post by Marakesh »

I couldn't find it, it's a bit of a mess the way there is no section dedicated to TD over there.
"Their chief failings in social competence are an inability to perceive themselves accurately and annoying others by their dominance and unsuitable jokes."

Michael Argyle
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Marakesh wrote:
I couldn't find it, it's a bit of a mess the way there is no section dedicated to TD over there.
for what it's worth..

http://www.emportal.info/viewtopic.php? ... 023ddb887e

Regarding the "rip-off" comments, I've never really felt ripped off over any TD releases because it's been my choice to buy whatever I have, no one made me get anything, no one took money off me and forced me to have the items so how would I be able to feel ripped off ?

Ripped off is how you feel when you buy what looks to be a juicy steak from the supermarket and when you open it up at home you find that they've folded all the fatty bits underneath what you can see through the film covering the meat. (apologies to any non-meat eaters reading :) )
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
Marakesh wrote:
for what it's worth..

http://www.emportal.info/viewtopic.php? ... 023ddb887e

Regarding the "rip-off" comments, I've never really felt ripped off over any TD releases because it's been my choice to buy whatever I have, no one made me get anything, no one took money off me and forced me to have the items so how would I be able to feel ripped off ?

Ripped off is how you feel when you buy what looks to be a juicy steak from the supermarket and when you open it up at home you find that they've folded all the fatty bits underneath what you can see through the film covering the meat. (apologies to any non-meat eaters reading :) )
Ditto. It's a very cool item that a lot of work has gone into and it looks great. Can't really see where rip-off comes into it.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
har

Post by har »

FFS !

He's even cutting and pasting posts off here now.

Here ye go.......................................I have bought Zeit and Atem estoric on CD. I am very pleased with the sound quality of both albums and the bonus gig discs. Great purchases and very pleased with the whole packages. Looking forward to AC which I will be ordering in 3.4 days.

Sincerely hope there will be more releases and looking forward to more bonus material.

All of the above is my unbiased opinion and I hope it activates the positivefeedback alarm :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

har wrote:He's even cutting and pasting posts off here now.
Cool. 8)

...almost started caring then. :wink:

...you'll forgive me if I don't go over there and check it out. :wink:
moonloop

Post by moonloop »

Hi. A quick question if you don't mind..??

I recently purchased the Esoteric remaster of "Zeit" on a whim whilst in Fopp Records in Manchester. I hadn't heard it for years and upon playing it, decided to get the "Poland" remaster too, which arrived earlier this week from HMV online.

My question is that "Zeit" comes in a card slipcase, whereas "Poland" doesn't. Is it missing or are Esoteric taking a random approach to packaging..?? Tha anorak in me needs to know :roll:

Many thanks

Andy :D
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Th Poland cd didn't include any slipcase at all but only the first run of Zeit did...I like when cd's come with a slipcase and wish all cd's came that way..ECM has done this with theyre relases this past 5 years. it's a nice way of presenting albums IMO.
moonloop

Post by moonloop »

sparrow wrote:Th Poland cd didn't include any slipcase at all but only the first run of Zeit did...I like when cd's come with a slipcase and wish all cd's came that way..ECM has done this with theyre relases this past 5 years. it's a nice way of presenting albums IMO.
OK. Thanks, shame they don't all have them though...

Cheers

Andy
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

Finally got all the Esoteric re-issues and right now I'm listening to Klangwald Pt.1 of the "Zeit" bonus disc. I'm forever grateful to Filip V. from Belgium who sent me his tape seven or eight years ago of which a remastered version was used for both the TT52 and the official version. It finally gets a well deserved domestic release. Also a big thank you to Wouter who remastered the recording (like so many other Tree releases), those who own an Esoteric cd will notice his name in the credits list.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Whoopysnorp wrote:Finally got all the Esoteric re-issues and right now I'm listening to Klangwald Pt.1 of the "Zeit" bonus disc. I'm forever grateful to Filip V. from Belgium who sent me his tape seven or eight years ago of which a remastered version was used for both the TT52 and the official version. It finally gets a well deserved domestic release. Also a big thank you to Wouter who remastered the recording (like so many other Tree releases), those who own an Esoteric cd will notice his name in the credits list.
Lets hope that some of the other Tangerine Tree/Leaves recordings see an official release.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Chris Monk wrote:
Whoopysnorp wrote:Finally got all the Esoteric re-issues and right now I'm listening to Klangwald Pt.1 of the "Zeit" bonus disc. I'm forever grateful to Filip V. from Belgium who sent me his tape seven or eight years ago of which a remastered version was used for both the TT52 and the official version. It finally gets a well deserved domestic release. Also a big thank you to Wouter who remastered the recording (like so many other Tree releases), those who own an Esoteric cd will notice his name in the credits list.
Lets hope that some of the other Tangerine Tree/Leaves recordings see an official release.
Anything on CD would be most welcome.