Finnegans Wake

har
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by har »

sparrow wrote:Looking forward to Christmas morning to hear these...The missus has announced she wants her Jackie disco album on first...No Chance!!!! :wink: :oops: :arrow:
I think you should let her play her Jackie Disco stuff first sparrow :twisted:

Ear Plugs job :P :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

har wrote:
sparrow wrote:Looking forward to Christmas morning to hear these...The missus has announced she wants her Jackie disco album on first...No Chance!!!! :wink: :oops: :arrow:
I think you should let her play her Jackie Disco stuff first sparrow :twisted:

Ear Plugs job :P :wink:
Aye......if she gets up three hours before me she can play what she likes but when I get up it's 3 hours of new TD... :twisted:
har

Post by har »

Been very difficult to choose my favourite track on Finnegans Wake.

Between 3, 6 and 8 - Resurrection By The Spirit, Three Quarks For Muster Mark and Hermaphrodite.

Track 3 winning at the moment 8)
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

track 8 bm highly rates
its a colossus
and a tune
it opens up vistas
'tis a classic, no mistake.
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

F~W is definitely ,TD's most densely cinematic album for many ears. its multilayered facets are multilayered. I think that Edgar/Thorsten have merged their stylings in a pinnacle of an album.

let me tell you in hushed tones. that thee next sonic poetry c.d. : franz kafka's the castle will need to be immensely weighty and heavy in its acoustic viscosity, to better F{}W.

fact.
:P :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

I tend to agree with your thoughts. I quite like the album but Hermaphrodite is by far the standout track..
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I can see where your coming from..IMO for a number of years theres been a tad much product and the cost of the albums has took a hike ..I like the new album but ...IMO it is not a classic.
Nero

Post by Nero »

I listened to Finnegans Wake now several times and it's definitely a classic! Never heard such good music since a long time. If music can make my flesh creep it definitely has something to say.
A top series the Sonic Poem series! 10/10
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Nero wrote:I listened to Finnegans Wake now several times and it's definitely a classic! Never heard such good music since a long time. If music can make my flesh creep it definitely has something to say.
. It is an emotional roller coaster. It still astounds me why this legendary band are after all these years waiting for the deserved inclusion in the "cen-sored" hall of fame. One of life's musical injustices :?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

epsilon75 wrote:
Nero wrote:I listened to Finnegans Wake now several times and it's definitely a classic! Never heard such good music since a long time. If music can make my flesh creep it definitely has something to say.
. It is an emotional roller coaster. It still astounds me why this legendary band are after all these years waiting for the deserved inclusion in the "cen-sored" hall of fame. One of life's musical injustices :?
Are we talking about the same Rock and Roll Hall of Shame?
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

Finnegans Wake the released date well land on Valentine day on February, 17 2012.

:!: :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Finnegans Wake the released date well land on Valentine day on February, 17 2012.

You can send a copy to Angela :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:Finnegans Wake the released date well land on Valentine day on February, 17 2012.

Surely Valentine's Day is the 14th February?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Chris Monk wrote:

Surely Valentine's Day is the 14th February?
Possibly not, in our Peter's world :D :D
har

Post by har »

Just listening to this the now.

This album is really growing in stature with me on every listen. The Sonic Poem series has really produced some outstanding music.

Now I'm sure I read a post on here last night from someone not liking track3 - Resurrection by the Spirit, due to the inclusion of some cool old stuff. It seems to have vapourised :? Anyhow I have to say I REALLY like Resurrection of the Spirit but still cant decide between that , 3 quarks and Hermaphrodite for best track.

Has to be said....... 3 EXCELLENT ALBUMS

As an aside .......I was reading a new science article on my kindle today :wink: in relation to sub atomic particles and the string theory relative to same :wink:

and i quote....

"..........and neutrons to the more exotic quarks ( named from a quote in Finnegans Wake - "Three quarks for Muster Mark. " its an apt name since protons and neutrons are made from three quarks each) "

That paragraph certainly woke me up !

Tangerine Dream now having an effect on sub atomic particles and the universe :wink: 8) 8) 8)