April ..Zeit & Poland reissued.

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

There has been some utter nonsense written about the esoteric releases, mainly the provenance of the material...the quality of the 'remastering' etc. but as far as im concerned the Zeit box set is a lovely artifact, not quite the quality of the immersion PF boxes, but pretty fine.
...The wise.....are silent.....
GlynRichards

Post by GlynRichards »

Agreed, as a package, its beautiful.
public class Geeks : IEarth { }
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

bigmoog wrote:There has been some utter nonsense written about the esoteric releases, mainly the provenance of the material...the quality of the 'remastering' etc. but as far as im concerned the Zeit box set is a lovely artifact, not quite the quality of the immersion PF boxes, but pretty fine.
I agree with your comments here.

Don't know when I'm going to get time for a game of marbles, but the scarves will come in handy now that winter approaches...
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

bigmoog wrote: not quite the quality of the immersion PF boxes, but pretty fine.
Now I'm jealous. :mrgreen:

Been looking but haven't spent the cash....

....yet.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Chris Monk wrote:
bigmoog wrote: not quite the quality of the immersion PF boxes, but pretty fine.
Now I'm jealous. :mrgreen:

Been looking but haven't spent the cash....

....yet.

almost pointlessly lavish, but incredible attention to detail. and a quality remastering job as well :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The inner booklets are excellent,I think we know who to thank for that 8) .. The music is timeless :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Flashpoint

Post by Flashpoint »

bigmoog wrote:There has been some utter nonsense written about the esoteric releases, mainly the provenance of the material...the quality of the 'remastering' etc. but as far as im concerned the Zeit box set is a lovely artifact
"utter nonsense" remark is not very friendly. Not friendly at all.

I have not liked any of the Esoteric releases as the sound is not as good as CD's I already had. Overall the Esoteric's are dull, lifeless and involving probably do to the use of Noise Reduction, which any decent mastering person stopped using after that awful process went out of style in the late 90's. I know I am not alone in this sentiment. Of course you entitled to your own opinion but your mean "utter nonsense" remark should have no place on this forum.

P.S. The esoteric liner notes and packaging are great but I am not too poor to continue to buy their product just for those 2 things.
Last edited by Flashpoint on Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Flashpoint wrote:
bigmoog wrote:There has been some utter nonsense written about the esoteric releases, mainly the provenance of the material...the quality of the 'remastering' etc. but as far as im concerned the Zeit box set is a lovely artifact
"utter nonsense" remark is not very friendly. Not friendly at all.

I have not liked any of the Esoteric releases as the sound has not as good CD's I already had. Overall they are dull, lifeless and involving probably do to the uses of Noise Reduction, which any decent mastering person stopped using after that awful process went out of styles in the late 90's. I know I am not alone in this sentiment. Of course you entitled to you own opinion but your "utter nonsense" remark has no place on this forum.

P.S. The esoteric liner notes are great but I am not too poor to continue to buy their product just for them.

i withdraw the remark, i will explain though

at no stage did esoteric mention the 'remastering' was from the original master tapes, ie the 1/4 inch tapes used to cut the mother for the vinyl stamper. it was obvious that esoteric were going to use whatever source that they had to hand : a cd or existing record vinyl. my comment was my opinion that some people were expecting a true remaster and their complaints i felt misguided.

as far as i know, ALL the original tapes are in the hands of virgin records, chris franke and other parties/companies....that is if they still exist in usable form or exist at all.

perhaps esoteric should have defined 'remaster'

I apologise for my remarks and that is that.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I highly recommend Zeit and Poland on Esotoric 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I highly recommend Zeit and Poland on Esotoric 8)
I read that as Erotic at first. Must put my glasses on.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
I thought it was Esoteric :? :)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:
:lol: nice one :D
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

epsilon75 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
I thought it was Esoteric :? :)
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Hi, maybe of interest:

German mailorder jpc is selling the limited zeit box set for 53,99 Euro, postage within germany included:

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/ ... um/3681608

If you are a Rolling Stone subscriber, you get a further 8 percent off, so it is a little under 50 euro total - made me order it today ;)
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Anyone interested in the "Zeit Deluxe Box" could get it here for £39.99 .... I purchased from this site,excellent service :D

http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/57532.htm