Machu Picchu

sparrow
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by sparrow »

Okefenokee wrote:Listened to MP this afternoon. Maybe my expectations were too high, so I'm a bit disappointed. Reading the description, I expected something very special and intimate. But MP sounds like a typical EF/TD release. Not bad, but nothing special :(
Must agree...it is a good album but has wee spells where it becomes kinda autopilot. But some parts are excellent. I'm still happy Edgar released this though. :D
zeitgeist 3001

Post by zeitgeist 3001 »

Machu Picchu - a very sublime album! My favourite (besides title 1 and 4) is "Adiós à Cusco"/track 3 - what a great hymn for John Peel and what a way to say him goodbye.....simply great!

This EP is very different from other EPs released so far as it has a very peculiar atmosphere, I like it a lot.
One tip: You have to listen to it at least 5 times to understand a bit of it's musical message....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

zeitgeist 3001 wrote:Machu Picchu - a very sublime album! My favourite (besides title 1 and 4) is "Adiós à Cusco"/track 3 - what a great hymn for John Peel and what a way to say him goodbye.....simply great!

This EP is very different from other EPs released so far as it has a very peculiar atmosphere, I like it a lot.
One tip: You have to listen to it at least 5 times to understand a bit of it's musical message....
I agree. I think after the first couple of listens we get certain tracks that immediately stand out and become personal favorites but,I think the real beauty of TD albums is when they finally click together for the listener as a complete piece,this is the real reward 8)
ant

Post by ant »

:? I ordered this and Booster V from Eastgate which have still not arrived, however, I ordered MP for a friend from CDS and it arrived this morning. If Eastgates package doesn't arrive today then I may well have my friends copy and he will have to wait for the Eastgate one to turn up. I cannot give it to him before I get mine!! This must be the first time that CDS have bettered Eastgate with delivery times!! :?
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

ant wrote:This must be the first time that CDS have bettered Eastgate with delivery times!! :?
Happens here all the time. Eastgate insists on registered mail, and that can sometimes be a pain. It often takes unusually long time to receive the items. CDS sends directly to your mail box, and that goes fatser. It's only CD's after all, so regular mail should do.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Currently enjoying 'Machu Picchu'. Tracks 3, 4 and 6 are my faves at the moment.
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
Einstein's Barber (ADMIN)

Post by Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) »

Insvims wrote:
ant wrote:This must be the first time that CDS have bettered Eastgate with delivery times!! :?
Happens here all the time. Eastgate insists on registered mail, and that can sometimes be a pain. It often takes unusually long time to receive the items. CDS sends directly to your mail box, and that goes fatser. It's only CD's after all, so regular mail should do.
Hey Guys,
You sometimes make me laugh a bit....:-) What do you think where CDS did buy their new TD products? Of course, from us, from Eastgate! We always try to deliver very quickly to our traders so that they can supply you, the fans!! And in this case the postal service was much faster to GB than usual. Good for you, good for us all. The source is always Eastgate!:-)

Concerning "registered mail": We only do it for you! This is the only way to TRACK your parcel in case it gets lost or makes detours. Really many of you asked for this service long time ago that's why we implemented it. And it's good for both sides. So we, Eastgate, can at least prove that we delivered your goods. Guys, you cannot imagine how some fans behave if they don't get their parcel with TD music or don't get it fast enough....Unfortunately we still live in the wild jungle and therefore it's good to have at least this imperfect, but civilized medium of "registered mail"....
Hope you understand better now.

PS: Edgar had a dream - besides the tangerine dream - about fourty years ago, the dream of exchanging music directly from head to head via electric impulses. So postage and registered mail would then definitely become obsolete.....:-)

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. ALBERT EINSTEIN
ant

Post by ant »

:) EB - Of course I realise that CDS get their stocks from you but this is the first time I have experienced getting things from them before you. I understand you want to supply people like CDS as quickly as possible so they can deliver to fans promptly, however for my own TD items I have always liked to deal directly with you. Doing that I, perhaps wrongly, expect to get them before companies like CDS can get them delivered, and up to now I have. It does seem odd that it can take a week or more to get a registered post item from Germany. I order stuff from America and it gets here in that time. I suppose it is our wonderful Royal Mail who perhaps should be called Royal Snail to match their pace!!

I also realise lots of people download these days but, call me old fashioned, I still prefer to have the good old shiny disc and case in my hands rather than something in a file on your phone etc.

EB - Just a thought. How about a slightly earlier shipping for those that are members of the TDOC? :D
Biggus Dickus
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

That was my point also. Strange to receive CD's faster from a dealer in UK who also has got the goods from the same source.
But, I'll survive. It usually takes 2-3 weeks after release date before I get what I order. Only makes it more fun when it finally arrives. :-)
redziller

Post by redziller »

Plug me in for that one EB!
imho

TD

/ did \
- does - ROCK!
\ will /

https://shiningpyramid.bandcamp.com/releases

http://www.redziller.co.uk/ffp/ TD video game
ant

Post by ant »

:? One more thing EB - How do we track the package when we do not have a tracking number and do not even know if or when it has been shipped? :?
Biggus Dickus
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Einstein's Barber (ADMIN) wrote:
Insvims wrote:
Hey Guys,
You sometimes make me laugh a bit....:-) What do you think where CDS did buy their new TD products? Of course, from us, from Eastgate! We always try to deliver very quickly to our traders so that they can supply you, the fans!! And in this case the postal service was much faster to GB than usual. Good for you, good for us all. The source is always Eastgate!:-)

Concerning "registered mail": We only do it for you! This is the only way to TRACK your parcel in case it gets lost or makes detours. Really many of you asked for this service long time ago that's why we implemented it. And it's good for both sides. So we, Eastgate, can at least prove that we delivered your goods. Guys, you cannot imagine how some fans behave if they don't get their parcel with TD music or don't get it fast enough....Unfortunately we still live in the wild jungle and therefore it's good to have at least this imperfect, but civilized medium of "registered mail"....
Hope you understand better now.

PS: Edgar had a dream - besides the tangerine dream - about fourty years ago, the dream of exchanging music directly from head to head via electric impulses. So postage and registered mail would then definitely become obsolete.....:-)

Regards,
EB (ADMIN)

eb. td music has plugged directly into the bigmoog's brain since the first time he heard the magickal impulses of tangmusick :D :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
trekky and smurfy

Post by trekky and smurfy »

we have just heard this new release, superb, we have not enjoyed a new TD recording as much since purple diluvial.
as followers of TD since force majeure in 1979, there are so many elements of this cupdisc that hark back to the late 70's early 80's (listen to track 1) thank you edgar for releasing this
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

The more I listen,the reward is greater. I remain an avid fan of Tangerine Dream music, it has and continue's to be healthy education for the mind and ears 8) :D
Red Morpho

Post by Red Morpho »

Been struggling to get the new releases and the SBE ticket - replace expired cooker and fridge or get new TD releases......I was emphatically overuled

.....maybe in the next month or two..... :cry: :cry: :cry:
You can take a horse to water but you can't make it drink...but if you get it to float's on it's back then you've got something...