Hermaphrodite

cantosis
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Hermaphrodite

Post by cantosis »

A really amazing track this, I have to be honest a few of the recent TD offerings have not floated my boat but this is a stand out track, one of the best tracks of recent times.

Pure emotion coming out of it as usual when Mr Froese is on Guitar. How I would love to hear this in London, This and Hamlet showcase the amazing playing of Edgar Froese.
Erik

Post by Erik »

agreed. one of the best they've put out on Eastgate
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

I think the whole Finnegans Wake album is one of their best in the last 10 years... 8) 8)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

"Hermaphrodite" is surely one of their very best tracks on the 3 albums from the "sonic poems" series but I love some others from the two previous that have sometimes a long guitar part too, like "The Mysterious Gift To Mankind".
On "Finnegan's Wake", I love "Mother Of All Sources" especially. I really enjoy the five last tracks of this album, anyway, more than the first 3 ones.
I'm always very glad to hear Edgar plays electric guitar, he's often pretty inspired and he has got a special sound that I do like. He's never played enough guitar to my taste except on albums like Tangram or Force Majeure, but lately, he's coming back to this instrument and that's a big pleasure.
TD Eye

Re: Hermaphrodite

Post by TD Eye »

cantosis wrote:A really amazing track this, I have to be honest a few of the recent TD offerings have not floated my boat but this is a stand out track, one of the best tracks of recent times.

Pure emotion coming out of it as usual when Mr Froese is on Guitar. How I would love to hear this in London, This and Hamlet showcase the amazing playing of Edgar Froese.
I absolutely agree! I would also love to hear Edgar playing this in Shepherds Bush. So lets hope this special request will be rewarded. :idea: I do hope the request has reached Edgar ... :D
Members and non-members only please.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Marc M wrote:"Hermaphrodite" is surely one of their very best tracks on the 3 albums from the "sonic poems" series but I love some others from the two previous that have sometimes a long guitar part too, like "The Mysterious Gift To Mankind".
On "Finnegan's Wake", I love "Mother Of All Sources" especially. I really enjoy the five last tracks of this album, anyway, more than the first 3 ones.
I'm always very glad to hear Edgar plays electric guitar, he's often pretty inspired and he has got a special sound that I do like. He's never played enough guitar to my taste except on albums like Tangram or Force Majeure, but lately, he's coming back to this instrument and that's a big pleasure.
I love Edgar's guitar on Song Of The Whale.
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Jon wrote:I love Edgar's guitar on Song Of The Whale.
Absolutely... For years, I thought it was Paul Haslinger playing this solo part but nope... It's really one of Mr Froese's best musical parts ever.. and it's never played live, it's such a pity.... As if he didn't like it, while "Song Of The Whale" as a whole is one of TD's best long songs ever.. But I think it's especially part 2 that makes it outstanding. And yet, this is the section that is never played live, and was never played live, as far as I know. I cannot understand this...
Mac cuber transfer

Post by Mac cuber transfer »

I've been consolidating a bit recently and collecting all my classics together, which means for me mostly the virgin years. However, that said, I really rate FW as up there with the best of TD, and as an album useful for modern TD evangelism, I can't think of anything better