Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

   * FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
bigmoog wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Please BM direct me where I can get a Record Player for a tenner BM.. :wink: :lol:



bid 9.99 and lo! it yours


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HMV-Gramophon ... 3ccabfb21c


:oops: :P :P


You're wrong. Current bid £21.00 :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
har wrote:
PS Vinyl Rules :P


From Edgar's recent interview:

Quote:
We realized that quite a number of people want to go back to vinyl for whatever reason. They like to listen to it and it has for some reason a different quality. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is better.


So. That's sorted that then :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3099
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:
PS Vinyl Rules :P


From Edgar's recent interview:

Quote:
We realized that quite a number of people want to go back to vinyl for whatever reason. They like to listen to it and it has for some reason a different quality. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is better.


So. That's sorted that then :D

I agree with Edgar Froese. What is actually better with vinyl? The added noises from the pick-up?

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 am
Posts: 1415
Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:
PS Vinyl Rules :P


From Edgar's recent interview:

Quote:
We realized that quite a number of people want to go back to vinyl for whatever reason. They like to listen to it and it has for some reason a different quality. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is better.


So. That's sorted that then :D

I agree with Edgar Froese. What is actually better with vinyl? The added noises from the pick-up?

I've spoken to Edgar about this* and he's keen to find a way to bypass the ears entirely and just inject the music straight into the brain at a subconcious level.

I jest not!

_________________
public class Geeks : IEarth { }


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
GlynRichards wrote:
Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:
PS Vinyl Rules :P


From Edgar's recent interview:

Quote:
We realized that quite a number of people want to go back to vinyl for whatever reason. They like to listen to it and it has for some reason a different quality. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is better.


So. That's sorted that then :D

I agree with Edgar Froese. What is actually better with vinyl? The added noises from the pick-up?

I've spoken to Edgar about this* and he's keen to find a way to bypass the ears entirely and just inject the music straight into the brain at a subconcious level.

I jest not!


I can vaguely recall reading that in an interview somewhere...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Insvims wrote:
It's revealed that it will be a 2-LP + 3-CD + thick booklet. EF also said in that recent interview that information about the box is on the TD web site, but I can not find any info yet. Maybe I am blind.
I am not sure if the title will be "Luxury Pack" either, but it is referred to as such in a previous TD newsletter.


Guess you mean Edgars book? Well,for me. Only the book and cd's. I am not intersted in vinyl anymore,so why shold I buy it then?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3099
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
hansx wrote:
Insvims wrote:
It's revealed that it will be a 2-LP + 3-CD + thick booklet. EF also said in that recent interview that information about the box is on the TD web site, but I can not find any info yet. Maybe I am blind.
I am not sure if the title will be "Luxury Pack" either, but it is referred to as such in a previous TD newsletter.


Guess you mean Edgars book? Well,for me. Only the book and cd's. I am not intersted in vinyl anymore,so why shold I buy it then?

Froese's book is something different. This is a pack/box with 2 LP's, 3 CD's and a booklet. I would also prefer the CD's only.

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Posts: 4483
Location: Netherlands
Insvims wrote:
hansx wrote:
Insvims wrote:
It's revealed that it will be a 2-LP + 3-CD + thick booklet. EF also said in that recent interview that information about the box is on the TD web site, but I can not find any info yet. Maybe I am blind.
I am not sure if the title will be "Luxury Pack" either, but it is referred to as such in a previous TD newsletter.


Guess you mean Edgars book? Well,for me. Only the book and cd's. I am not intersted in vinyl anymore,so why shold I buy it then?

Froese's book is something different. This is a pack/box with 2 LP's, 3 CD's and a booklet. I would also prefer the CD's only.


But what should be on lp's which don't fit on cd's? Or should it contain extra things


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:
PS Vinyl Rules :P


From Edgar's recent interview:

Quote:
We realized that quite a number of people want to go back to vinyl for whatever reason. They like to listen to it and it has for some reason a different quality. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is better.


So. That's sorted that then :D


Nice :D

Only problem with ALL this new stuff...........some major financial shuffling and jiggery pokery required :!: :idea: :arrow:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:51 pm
Posts: 14861
Location: 1975
luxury is cigars, velvet, leather....champagne, fine wine, high quality timepieces, bubble baths with rubber ducks :P :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:28 pm
Posts: 2279
bigmoog wrote:
luxury is cigars, velvet, leather....champagne, fine wine, high quality timepieces, bubble baths with rubber ducks :P :oops:


So, we're looking at a wooden box, with leather inset on the top with gold leaf lettering.
The inside is lined with velvet and the box contains a bottle of Champagne, some wine, vinyl LPs, CDs, bubble bath and some complementary rubber ducks.
Could be a tad expensive. Especially with TDI postage rates ! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 10:40 am
Posts: 3099
Location: In my private cryo space lounge, Oslo, Norway
GlynRichards wrote:
I've spoken to Edgar about this* and he's keen to find a way to bypass the ears entirely and just inject the music straight into the brain at a subconcious level.

I am now having a quality time with the fabulous new Marillion album. Here is the first verse from the title track. Wonder if EF and Steve Hogarth should collaborate on this.

Steve Hogarth wrote:
One day I'll play you sounds that can't be made
They'll sing in you from somewhere inside your head
You'll never hear them from the earth or the air
You'll never hear them from the outside world

You'll hear it happen inside you
You'll hear it happen inside you
Silent and high
Silent and high
Sounds that can't be made

:mrgreen:

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/Insvims


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 am
Posts: 7393
Location: Scotland
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
luxury is cigars, velvet, leather....champagne, fine wine, high quality timepieces, bubble baths with rubber ducks :P :oops:


So, we're looking at a wooden box, with leather inset on the top with gold leaf lettering.
The inside is lined with velvet and the box contains a bottle of Champagne, some wine, vinyl LPs, CDs, bubble bath and some complementary rubber ducks.
Could be a tad expensive. Especially with TDI postage rates ! :lol:


:lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:09 am
Posts: 3244
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
bigmoog wrote:
luxury is cigars, velvet, leather....champagne, fine wine, high quality timepieces, bubble baths with rubber ducks :P :oops:


So, we're looking at a wooden box, with leather inset on the top with gold leaf lettering.
The inside is lined with velvet and the box contains a bottle of Champagne, some wine, vinyl LPs, CDs, bubble bath and some complementary rubber ducks.
Could be a tad expensive. Especially with TDI postage rates ! :lol:


:lol:

but definitely no sure about the ducks :? :? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:54 pm
Posts: 1670
Location: Kristiansand, Norway
Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
har wrote:
PS Vinyl Rules :P


From Edgar's recent interview:

Quote:
We realized that quite a number of people want to go back to vinyl for whatever reason. They like to listen to it and it has for some reason a different quality. I wouldn’t go so far as to say it is better.


So. That's sorted that then :D

I agree with Edgar Froese. What is actually better with vinyl? The added noises from the pick-up?


I guess it has something to do with the time people grew up in. People bought vinyl in the 70s and 80s. It's all about memories. I have some vinyl, not much, and I'm not playing it often, but yesterday I put on Jarre's In Concert LP that I bought a quarter of a century ago, and it was a blast from the past.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ] 

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum


cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group | Design by Homestage