Live in Budapest 2012 DVD

HarryPotter No7
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Live in Budapest 2012 DVD

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

New DVD received this morning here in the UK, testing it out now before the grand unveiling this evening.....

Now I'm sure some of us may be split between this - but what on earth is going on with all the graphics and stuff? I want to see the band in all their glory, not computer graphics and TD on a small square on my 42inch plasma!!!! It's just a total distraction for me.

Eastgate and TD, what were you thinking????

How disappointed I am after the long wait for this :cry:

When I pay 27 euros for a TD DVD I want to see TD, this reminds me of the 1993 Live in USA release!

I really hope the Tenerife/Brian May collaboration is better.

Sorry for the negative post guys, this is one disgruntled fan and I'm sure I'll get slated for my comments but I really hope they don't ruin future releases like they have done with this.
Nero

Post by Nero »

Don't be put off by Harry Potter's statement!! It's a very subjective statement.
The Budapest DVD is a very beautiful piece of art and expresses a unique cool atmosphere which resembles a bit those of THE EPSILON JOURNEY DVD (Live in Eindhoven).
I like this style very much and I'm glad that this DVD is that different from all the others before, otherwise it might have been boring. I think they (in this case the Hungarian cutters from Palace of Arts as stated in the cover) have done a good job! They show us a different artistic perspective - diversified, effective and even decent as many camera perspectives are from the back or the side of the stage. Just convince yourself and give the DVD a chance by watching it at least twice, my subjective opinion...
In the very end - it's artistic freedom!:-)
The choice of music and quality is great and there are enough parts in it where we can enjoy our favorite band in big pictures without any stylistic effects. The DVD in its entirety is sublime.
tdream4ever

Post by tdream4ever »

When was the dvd posted? Mailed out? A week ago?
DREAMING. . . . Now, Then!
Nero

Post by Nero »

Mine was mailed out on Monday, 26 Nov.
NAVEL OF LIGHT

Post by NAVEL OF LIGHT »

i think this dvd was filmed by Hungarian tv and they added all the effects...its not "fantastic" to be honest but nice to see a different approach...i think.... :roll:
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

I have heard that tangerine dream's next live concert DVD, will be filmed from the perspective of the band...3 hours of the audience :idea: :P
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

bigmoog wrote:I have heard that tangerine dream's next live concert DVD, will be filmed from the perspective of the band...3 hours of the audience :idea: :P
3 hours of Iris's rear in motion would be a much more attractive offering. Maybe it will be in the luxury pack :P :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Arthur Dent

Post by Arthur Dent »

nero wrote:Don't be put off by Harry Potter's statement!! It's a very subjective statement.
The Budapest DVD is a very beautiful piece of art and expresses a unique cool atmosphere which resembles a bit those of THE EPSILON JOURNEY DVD (Live in Eindhoven).
I like this style very much and I'm glad that this DVD is that different from all the others before, otherwise it might have been boring. I think they (in this case the Hungarian cutters from Palace of Arts as stated in the cover) have done a good job! They show us a different artistic perspective - diversified, effective and even decent as many camera perspectives are from the back or the side of the stage. Just convince yourself and give the DVD a chance by watching it at least twice, my subjective opinion...
In the very end - it's artistic freedom!
The choice of music and quality is great and there are enough parts in it where we can enjoy our favorite band in big pictures without any stylistic effects. The DVD in its entirety is sublime.
I totally agree with you nero, recieved DVD this morning watched it, and found it very enjoyable.
epsilon75 wrote:3 hours of Iris's rear in motion would be a much more attractive offering. Maybe it will be in the luxury pack
I believe they've sneaked a few minutes in for you.

Very pleased with my purchase, and signed postcard.
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

A very good DVD in my opinion ! 8)

Music : simply wonderful (as we all know here).
Audio : the Dolby 5.1 sound is really good and loud.
Visuals : quite unusual and surprising, but that's an interesting change.

The only bad thing is : no bonus ! :( That's quite strange...
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
ant

Post by ant »

:( See my post about this DVD in TD LIVE IN BUDAPEST section. I also hate it as you will see. To me it is a complete mess. :(
Biggus Dickus
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

As some might say : "you can't always get what you want"... :wink:
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Just watched it for the first time...I thought it was excellent.. :shock: Not sure the inclusion of the attack on the twin towers during Alchemy of the Heart was a good idea but I simply loved the graphics and the sound quality is amazing..all IMO.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

TDludo wrote:A very good DVD in my opinion ! 8)

does the 5.1 actually work properly this time, because it doesn't on some of the other recent DVDs..
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
TDludo wrote:A very good DVD in my opinion ! 8)

does the 5.1 actually work properly this time, because it doesn't on some of the other recent DVDs..
Yes I think it does work well, though I listened with headphones...
Insvims

Re: Live in Budapest 2012 DVD

Post by Insvims »

HarryPotter No7 wrote:New DVD received this morning here in the UK, testing it out now before the grand unveiling this evening.....

Now I'm sure some of us may be split between this - but what on earth is going on with all the graphics and stuff? I want to see the band in all their glory, not computer graphics and TD on a small square on my 42inch plasma!!!! It's just a total distraction for me.

Eastgate and TD, what were you thinking????

How disappointed I am after the long wait for this :cry:

When I pay 27 euros for a TD DVD I want to see TD, this reminds me of the 1993 Live in USA release!

I really hope the Tenerife/Brian May collaboration is better.

Sorry for the negative post guys, this is one disgruntled fan and I'm sure I'll get slated for my comments but I really hope they don't ruin future releases like they have done with this.
I remember I bought the Porcupine Tree live DVD Arriving Somewhere. Everybody was raving about that one, but I was very disappointed. When I watch a live DVD I want to see the band as they appear on stage. I want to feel like I'm attending the concert. But that PT DVD was just a two hour long music video, with all kinds of graphics distorting the pictures all the way through.
I have not seen the Budapest DVD from TD yet, but I can really understand HarryPotter No7 here. If the video is just filled with graphics and distortions to the actual pictures of a band performing on stage, I would certainly agree with his viewpoint.
On the other hand... with so many quite similar concert DVD's from TD, I guess they can come away with doing this once... just for a change.