Tangerine Dream
The Official Forum

* FAQ    * Search   * Login   * Register

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:16 pm 

:( It may as well have been just a video of different things with TD music added, like Canyon Dreams etc. 98% of the pics of the band are so messed about with that they may as well have not bothered!! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:32 pm 

Each to their own of course.......anyone wanting a high quality concert of Tangerine Dream performing in a superb venue should be very disappointed as was I, I really fail to understand how people can say this is a good DVD when it's ruined with computer imagery and when we do get to see the band they have the gall to squeeze them into a bloody small box on the screen :!: :?:

It's really beyond me.

They just managed to get away with it on the Tempodrom 2006 release but this was going too far, I appreciate it was a Hungarian crew filming it but Eastgate I would imagine had the final say on what was ultimately released.

At the end of the day it's a DVD, I certainly haven't lost any sleep over it, but when I read the review in the TD shop I was expecting something special, not something I could have done myself with my old Spectrum +

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:04 pm 

I think we got the picture now, thank you... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 pm 

Picked this up from the Post Office last week but only just fond time to watch it. Must admit I was a little worried given some of the comments on here but I actually really enjoyed it. Yep, it's a little different to most of TDs live DVDs but that ain't no bad thing IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:37 am 

:roll: Yep, it sure is a Marmite DVD this one. Mine is on the shelf and that is where it will stay to gather dust around the other oft used dust free ones. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:58 pm 

I agree with harry potter on every point he made regarding the budapest live dvd.
Please edgar,go back to the old format.
Lisbon is a fine example with great camera work and sutle computer effects that blended in perfectly.An excellent dvd.Unfortunatley i cannot say the same regarding the budapest dvd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:24 am 

I find it hard to understand why anybody who is a fan of T.D would find the lisbon dvd boring.As a fan you know what to expect when watching a live dvd of the band.What do you expect edgar to do?
The only dvd that did take me by surprise was budapest, which i was not keen on for other reasons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 pm 

Set 2 from the Zurich concert...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyiKD3YUEDI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:00 pm 

HarryPotter No7 wrote:
Each to their own of course.......anyone wanting a high quality concert of Tangerine Dream performing in a superb venue should be very disappointed as was I, I really fail to understand how people can say this is a good DVD when it's ruined with computer imagery and when we do get to see the band they have the gall to squeeze them into a bloody small box on the screen :!: :?:

It's really beyond me.

.. I was expecting something special, not something I could have done myself with my old Spectrum +

I completely agree with you, I was at Budapest concert, the venue was superb indeed, probably one of the most beautiful venue TD were ever played. What a disappointment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:08 am 

I found a couple of clips from the DVD on youtube and unlike "td fan", this tdfan actually likes it! A lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT771Mr ... A&index=14
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGI_lG8 ... A&index=20

Eastgate, if you have any objections that I link to these videos then please delete this post (by the way, I'm not the uploader on youtube). But I think it's fair that people can watch and decide if it's their cup of tea or not.

Post new topic     Reply to topic    Tangerine Dream Forum Index -> TD on recorded Music All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ] 

Jump to: