Tangerine Dream Trees Series

Chris Monk
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Whoopysnorp wrote:After nearly 5 years have passed since I had to stop the Tree & Leaves series due to personal & legal issues, it's good to know that TD fans still discuss a thing or two about which concert or disc has stood the test of time. This really was a labour of love, especially when some of the concerts got a commercial cd release (the nice 'Bootleg Box' and the not-so-nice 'Bootmoon' series) I knew that it was worth it. Back then I didn't even have a PC (only a solid Hifi system with EQs and Denoisers), and had to send out the majority of my tapes/CDR's to trustworthy people who remastered them for me ('3N' and Wouter being the two guys who did the most outstanding work, any other amateurish sounding remastering can be blamed on yours truly alone :lol: )
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, some of the tree material was sourced directly from digital or analogue master copies of radio or broadcast stations (TT9 London 1975 or TT17 Berlin 1980, or soundtracks like Vampira, Ein für allemal, Daniel etc.), while some audience recordings were presented here for the first time (mostly in the 'Leaves' series).
When I pulled the plug in October 2006 I had nothing else in store as nearly everything got released within the TT/TL series. So it was a lucky coincidence that it had to stop at that point in time, especially since what started as a little fan project had become a much bigger thing which went out of control (trolls selling CD counterfeits for big bucks like Edgar told me). Believe me, it's much nicer than just being a fan than being a part of the music business. At the end of 2006 I sold my two copy stations (and fell right off my chair when I counted a total number of almost exactly 100.000 burned discs), and never looked back. In fact, I haven't listened to any TD music since 3 years or so (cold turkey! :wink:), but after this long absence I might try out some of the new stuff which is available for download. As I type this I'm wearing my "Ricochet" t-shirt (it still fits!), so there's still hope 8)
Heiko H.
Great to see you here, Heiko. I occasionally had a non-TD period in my life. But old love never rust. Also my thanks for the great job you did.
Me too. Never as long as 3 years though, the longest has probably been a couple of months.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
hansx

Post by hansx »

Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote:
Whoopysnorp wrote:After nearly 5 years have passed since I had to stop the Tree & Leaves series due to personal & legal issues, it's good to know that TD fans still discuss a thing or two about which concert or disc has stood the test of time. This really was a labour of love, especially when some of the concerts got a commercial cd release (the nice 'Bootleg Box' and the not-so-nice 'Bootmoon' series) I knew that it was worth it. Back then I didn't even have a PC (only a solid Hifi system with EQs and Denoisers), and had to send out the majority of my tapes/CDR's to trustworthy people who remastered them for me ('3N' and Wouter being the two guys who did the most outstanding work, any other amateurish sounding remastering can be blamed on yours truly alone :lol: )
As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, some of the tree material was sourced directly from digital or analogue master copies of radio or broadcast stations (TT9 London 1975 or TT17 Berlin 1980, or soundtracks like Vampira, Ein für allemal, Daniel etc.), while some audience recordings were presented here for the first time (mostly in the 'Leaves' series).
When I pulled the plug in October 2006 I had nothing else in store as nearly everything got released within the TT/TL series. So it was a lucky coincidence that it had to stop at that point in time, especially since what started as a little fan project had become a much bigger thing which went out of control (trolls selling CD counterfeits for big bucks like Edgar told me). Believe me, it's much nicer than just being a fan than being a part of the music business. At the end of 2006 I sold my two copy stations (and fell right off my chair when I counted a total number of almost exactly 100.000 burned discs), and never looked back. In fact, I haven't listened to any TD music since 3 years or so (cold turkey! :wink:), but after this long absence I might try out some of the new stuff which is available for download. As I type this I'm wearing my "Ricochet" t-shirt (it still fits!), so there's still hope 8)
Heiko H.
Great to see you here, Heiko. I occasionally had a non-TD period in my life. But old love never rust. Also my thanks for the great job you did.
Me too. Never as long as 3 years though, the longest has probably been a couple of months.
One time almost 2 years. But after that, I bought again dozens of cd's and that made myself clear not to do that again. :)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

hansx wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
hansx wrote: Great to see you here, Heiko. I occasionally had a non-TD period in my life. But old love never rust. Also my thanks for the great job you did.
One time almost 2 years. But after that, I bought again dozens of cd's and that made myself clear not to do that again. :)
I sometimes OD on Tangerine Dream and can't listen to them again for a few weeks. I then come back with a vengeance. I'm sometimes in danger of oscillating between the two states.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present". - Kung Fu Panda
Marc M

Post by Marc M »

Thanks for the Tangerine Tree and Tangerine Leaves works, Heiko.
I still do not have them all, by the way... I must complete this....
But that was an absolutely awesome piece of work, done very professionally and I did realize right from the start what labour of love it has been, without a doubt !!
Also the booklets and informations, all this was better than the semi-official releases like the Bootlegs Box sets and the Bootmoon Series (of which I only bought one, and it was enough for me) that you mentioned, indeed.
multivit72

Post by multivit72 »

Many thanks from me as well! I have the first 6 tree volumes (would love to have the other ones, but hard to find...) and I am listening my way through them right now.

Assorted Secrets 2 is awesome!
Whoopysnorp

Post by Whoopysnorp »

I wonder if there is any large-sized front cover artwork available for the Tree series (and also for the covers in the TD download section)? I've become one of those mindless, obedient Apple fanboys (buzz off you Android trolls! :lol: ) and now have an iPad2, and any picture below 900x900 pixels looks quite fuzzy..indeed 1200x1200 would be best. Any ideas? :D
Erik

Post by Erik »

Whoopysnorp wrote:I wonder if there is any large-sized front cover artwork available for the Tree series (and also for the covers in the TD download section)? I've become one of those mindless, obedient Apple fanboys (buzz off you Android trolls! :lol: ) and now have an iPad2, and any picture below 900x900 pixels looks quite fuzzy..indeed 1200x1200 would be best. Any ideas? :D
hm, i never even realised how much of a pain it would be to manage album art with such a large screen. i sometimes face the same problem. there are some VERY rare albums and EP's i listen to and the only artwork you can ever find is maybe 200x200. i can help you out with the Tree art, i got high quality pictures in my TD folder.
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
Cyclone

Tangerine Tree on eBay

Post by Cyclone »

It's very sad to see that now even people from the EM camp selling Tangerine Trees on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tangerine-Dream ... 0881705493
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tangerine-Dream ... 0881706360
:x
Erik

Re: Tangerine Tree on eBay

Post by Erik »

Cyclone wrote:It's very sad to see that now even people from the EM camp selling Tangerine Trees on eBay.
blank CD+mp3's = way less than $23.78
"I actually prefer RPGs and fantasise about massacring the morons at my school as Final Fantasy 7's Sephiroth. "
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Cyclone wrote:It's very sad to see that now even people from the EM camp selling Tangerine Trees on eBay.
best thing to do is go into each of the auction items and report them. if ebay get loads of reports they'll probably take the auctions down.

either that or sell some CDRs of Rogue Element material on ebay

:lol:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

Erik wrote:
blank CD+mp3's = way less than $23.78
can't actually believe someone is bidding that much. obviously just a casual fan i suppose, who doesn't realise what they're buying or that they could get it for free by asking.

...and the saddest thing is that the same person is bidding on all three of these Tangerine Tree items. so that's £45 for the lot :cry:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
best thing to do is go into each of the auction items and report them. if ebay get loads of reports they'll probably take the auctions down.

either that or sell some CDRs of Rogue Element material on ebay

:lol:
:lol: :lol: :)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Tree v19 Pari.s, 1976. A.maze.ing. :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bigmoog wrote:Tree v19 Pari.s, 1976. A.maze.ing. :D

Proof, genuine truth..that three musicians could produce amazing music from electronic devices..and conventional instruments...beauty in sound...astonishing musick...that's a fact. Fact. :D
...The wise.....are silent.....
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Going for big money on fleabay :oops: