Tangerine Dream Trees Series

bigmoog
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by bigmoog »

epsilon75 wrote:Going for big money on fleabay :oops:
:evil:
...The wise.....are silent.....
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Np. Vol 13. Incredible soundscapes. :idea:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

bigmoog wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Going for big money on fleabay :oops:
:evil:
obviously not "proper" fans.........
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

The BM again considers that orange theatre 75 , (vol22).... Is one astonishing slice of tang magick....... :D
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Leaf 87. Barcelona76. Once again brilliant. Some immense bass pulses on this... :arrow:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Hello. Anyone out there. No-one posted since a few days. You all OK ?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Anyone seen/heard this CD before (boot, obviously)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TANGERINE-DRE ... 257b8090a6
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Anyone seen/heard this CD before (boot, obviously)

Well, it sold for £84 anyway :roll:

Looks like a shorter version of the Tree issue - but claims to be from a different performance. Think someone's been done there :evil:
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

I'd put money on that being a bootleg!....not £84 though.....LOL :wink: :arrow:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Anyone seen/heard this CD before (boot, obviously)

Well, it sold for £84 anyway :roll:

Looks like a shorter version of the Tree issue - but claims to be from a different performance. Think someone's been done there :evil:
:shock: :oops:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Donofrio_TD

Post by Donofrio_TD »

I absolutely love Assorted Secrets 4, TT vol. 80. I wanted to particularly find this one a few years back because some of the songs from this installment were featured in the previous design of the official website and I missed those tunes. It was a bit hard to find, mostly because I couldn't remember the names of the tracks, so it was a bit of hell in the beginning, but now I am fortunate enough to have it on my hands. It is one of the best TT materials out there.

Vol 19., P a r i s '76 is a real intense trip! I especially love the CD 2 from this issue.

And vol. 38, Berlin 1987, is my favorite. Not only because it has an amazingly excellent sound quality, but because this is the real last live performance with Chris Franke and it also has a total playing time of around 2 hours and 5 mins. You can travel from city to city and listen to this entire jewel without having to repeat any single track. I've burned this into 2 CD's and seriously, the sound is so top-notch that it feels as if this had been officially released by TD. My speakers love every second of it, especially with the loudest volume possible.
Bowman

Re: Tangerine Dream Trees Series

Post by Bowman »

Re-discovering my spool of Baumann years TTs has totally re-fired my enthusiasm for the group. It was, as has been previously said, a massive and generous labour of love. But I think those who missed out can take some comfort in the 2 Bootleg Boxes having nearly the cream of the crop - my only changes would be the Berlin concert (TT67) instead of Hamburg to illustrate the headlong awesome rock power of the Cyclone tour, and by means of some pretty tricky time-travel, fetch the Spanish Inquisition to ask the audience member in Bilbao 1976 to kindly stop clapping along.
EricDraven

Post by EricDraven »

Yeah, I agree. Wish Jerome at the time would've used software to remove that annoying clapping when released in the bootleg set.
Electronic music for sale at
http://www.synthnation.weebly.com
32 years + counting

Post by 32 years + counting »

There is so much brilliant unreleased TD, that, as a lifelong fan, it breaks my heart not to be able to hear it in it's full and proper sonic glory.

The TT and TL series was a supreme labour of love, and I salute both Heiko for doing it, and the band for allowing it, but I can't help but think that there are tapes.....really good quality tapes and digital recordings, of pretty much everything in the archives, and all it would take is a few dedicated fans / studio engineers with mastering skills to make so much of it available. I'm convinced that there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of fans who'd be delighted to pay proper money to buy it.

After all, even a major label like Virgin Records have done a pretty poor job with their 'official' retrospectives (wrong member names for periods, terrible spelling, poor audio quality.) I don't see that they care anything about the band nowadays other than to make a quick buck. And the bulk of the money goes to them, not the band.

THE FUTURE SOUND OF LONDON did something really great a few years back, and released a high quality series called FROM THE ARCHIVES on their website, featuring unreleased material from their (imo) best period around LIFEFORMS and DEAD CITIES and sold hundreds of thousands of downloads and CDs. The fan base was still there, 10>15 years on, and the money went to THEM, not any label.

With so many of us TD diehards, many pushing over twice as long as fans, the demand would make the effort more than worthwhile, especially if the royalties were split between the former members / writers. How nice it would be if Chris, Paul, Johannes, Ralf and Jerome etc were to get a share of this? All artists deserve to get paid, especially artists of their caliber.

Every once in a while TD officially put out a 'classic' archive concert recording (SOUNDMILL NAVIGATOR, ROCKFACE etc) and massively welcome they are too. Also, official TD compilations sometimes contain rare individual concert / previously unreleased tracks (ANTIQUE DREAMS etc) but the infuriation is immense as an 'official' track fades out, and, knowing what comes next on the bootleg / TT / TL recording of the period, the next superb track just isn't there!

All recording artists often have to deal with ridiculous legal insanity, constraints and copyright (especially soundtracks), and sometimes these get so bad that some pieces are simply lost forever, in the files of stupid lawyers in one company layer after another who wouldn't know a good piece of music if it hit them in the face.

Maybe we'll never, ever get to hear this music properly, and eternal shame be upon those circumstances (where oh where is OEDIPUS TYRANNUS in full!!?). But, for a very large amount of it, I think that if there's a will, then there's a way.

I would absolutely pay £10 / E 15 for each excellent quality concert and archive material CDs / Flac downloads.

Wouldn't you?
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

Most definitely, Grant. 8) :arrow: