GTA V

Insvims
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: GTA V

Post by Insvims »

rigel wrote:Ah, Waiting for Cousteau! I like this album, it takes me back to when I first heard it in 1990. I agree it's the last great album from Jean Michel Jarre. (Some good stuff since, but only in patches IMHO.)

I think the side long ambient piece is beautiful, strange and different...although I haven't listened to it in ages. I also like the three calypso tracks. Calypso 2 in particular... it blew me away when I first heard it. Am I the only one who LOVES Calypso part 2 and think it's one of the most stunning tracks JMJ ever produced?
Agree with you on the Cousteau track. It's amazing (as I wrote earlier). It builds slow, and it actually evolves with new sounds through to the end, but in a very subtle way. I love to play this one at night.
But I don't agree it's his last good album. I think Cronologie is very good, and especially Metamorphoses. Love that one! The track with Natasha Atlas is absolutely awesome.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Insvims wrote:
rigel wrote:Ah, Waiting for Cousteau! I like this album, it takes me back to when I first heard it in 1990. I agree it's the last great album from Jean Michel Jarre. (Some good stuff since, but only in patches IMHO.)

I think the side long ambient piece is beautiful, strange and different...although I haven't listened to it in ages. I also like the three calypso tracks. Calypso 2 in particular... it blew me away when I first heard it. Am I the only one who LOVES Calypso part 2 and think it's one of the most stunning tracks JMJ ever produced?
Agree with you on the Cousteau track. It's amazing (as I wrote earlier). It builds slow, and it actually evolves with new sounds through to the end, but in a very subtle way. I love to play this one at night.
But I don't agree it's his last good album. I think Cronologie is very good, and especially Metamorphoses. Love that one! The track with Natasha Atlas is absolutely awesome.
:oops: I forgot about Chronologie..cracking album..We need one more ''good'' album from Jarre...Teo & Tea???? what was that about?
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

sparrow wrote:
Insvims wrote:

:oops: I forgot about Chronologie..cracking album..We need one more ''good'' album from Jarre...Teo & Tea???? what was that about?
:lol: :lol: see, like I said in a post on here a while ago :!:

I enjoyed Teo & Tea

"You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time. But you cab't please all the people all of the time" said someone famous a while ago.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Insvims wrote:

I enjoyed some of Chronologie, but after Cousteau it was a bit of a letdown...to my ears anyway. I agree that Metamorphoses has some good tracks. I love the album's opener, Je Me Souviens and the amazing, poignant and inspiring Hey, Gagarin is just fantastic. The Natasha Atlas (my brother played drums on several of her tours!) piece is also good. But the rest of that album just never did it for me, sorry.
Steve C

Post by Steve C »

I gave the CD a spin the other night and I, too, really like Calypso 2.
rigel

Post by rigel »

Steve C wrote:

I gave the CD a spin the other night and I, too, really like Calypso 2.
That's really cool :)

Actually there was an album in between Chronologie and Metamorphoses that hasn't been mentioned: Oxygene 7-13. That's another album that for me had some highlights but was a tad uninspiring generally. I really like Oxygene 8, and remember it had quite a funky official video to accompany it. I'm off to look that up on youtube now!
24db

Post by 24db »

O/T ;) looking forward to the all TD GTAV soundtrack
Justin

Post by Justin »

likewise
Look for the sounds of Digital Horizons at http://digitalhorizons.bandcamp.com/ and on iTunes, CDBaby, Amazon Downloads and Reverbnation.
T4N63R1N3 DR34M

Post by T4N63R1N3 DR34M »

24db wrote:O/T ;) looking forward to the all TD GTAV soundtrack
Get over to the Jarre forum if you want to talk about that ;)
rigel

Post by rigel »

T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
LOL. I was wondering when someone would point out that we'd strayed way off topic. Sorry I was part of that :roll:

Now who else likes Jarre's Zoolook album? :wink:
Insvims

Post by Insvims »

rigel wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:
LOL. I was wondering when someone would point out that we'd strayed way off topic. Sorry I was part of that :roll:

Now who else likes Jarre's Zoolook album? :wink:
Zoolook is amazing. I like most of his albums. Wish Geometry Of Love was re-released. Hard to get these days. And a good album it is.
But I guess the discussion can continue in the "TD Fan Portfolio" section.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Donofrio_TD wrote:
Jon wrote:
Donofrio_TD wrote:I'm sure many people has said this before, but who cares? Either way, it's kinda funny and ironic how Edgar contradicts himself sometimes, isn't it? He's the guy who said that TD never scored games because he didn't see any point in characters that killed each other all the time to win and stuff like that, and the GTA franchise happens to be some of the most (if not THE most) violent games ever made.

Meh! Whatever. Just had to get it out of my system.
I don't think he ever said anything about computer games, but in the early 90s he stated that he no longer wanted to be involved in film music because of the violence and mindless car chases. But I guess games are somewhat in the same vein..
From the Tangerine Dream website F.A.Q. ...

-----------------------------------------------------

Q. # 35 Why TD did never get into making scores for video games or producing music and sounds for PC entertainment in general?

Edgar Froese: There is definitely good earning potential in that, but the price you have to pay as an artist is far too high in my eyes. I don’t want to see all of the violence and not good that characterizes most of the games that exist. Killing, fighting, monsters against monsters, does anyone cool and intelligent need that at the outset of the 21st century? I’m not talking about this from a moral or ethical point of view; nothing is really ethical on this planet. What my concern is, is very simple to explain: you have to devote your artistic, mental and emotional skills to something which in most cases isn’t even worth a dime. Besides that, force and the unlimited power of using it even on a virtual level will sooner or later destroy all these very sensitive feelings within you. There’s an very old saying: force creates force.
What fun is it to kill others even on a virtual level?
What’s so cool about it?
Can anybody explain it logically?

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, he definitely found something worth thousands of dimes on the latest GTA installment: His royalties. :P
redziller wrote:...
drunkenmozart wrote:Shizzle, Yeah !
It ain't and you know it. :wink:
Hmm, thanks. Didn't know about those comments. The man has surely changed his mind... :roll:
Jon

Post by Jon »

Insvims wrote:
T4N63R1N3 DR34M wrote:Waiting For Cousteau
One of my all time favorite ambient pieces. Masterfully made by JMJ. And since then I have always wished he would make more ambient. But seems this will be his only attempt. But it is an amazing track which I have listened to countless times.
This is a rare Jarre "ambient" project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMDOoDJ9UE
TDludo

Post by TDludo »

Jon wrote:This is a rare Jarre "ambient" project:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxMDOoDJ9UE
As this is NOT a Jean-Michel Jarre thread, please post this kind of link in the "TD Fan Portfolio / Jarre" thread, thanks...

I will re-post this Youtube link myself. :)
A new cosmic address for the Master Dreamer...
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Score now in store :arrow:
...The wise.....are silent.....