Madcap's Flaming Duty - DVD

epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Been listening to the album and watching the DVD for most of the evening......i got to speak as i find and i think this album is rather excellent,the more ive listened the better it has got........The Eastgate CD has a much better sound than the Voiceprint CD IMHO and i think the DVD is a nice addition to the package :D Cant stop tapping my feet and nodding my bloody head to "One Hour of Madness"........The More i listen to Chris's singing the more i hear huge resemblances to Marc Almond,and IMHO they are two very good singers in their own right :wink:
Maybe Chris wont like that,but the resemblance of voice in uncanny IMHO 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
JD

Post by JD »

epsilon75 wrote:Been listening to the album and watching the DVD for most of the evening......i got to speak as i find and i think this album is rather excellent,the more ive listened the better it has got........The Eastgate CD has a much better sound than the Voiceprint CD IMHO and i think the DVD is a nice addition to the package :D Cant stop tapping my feet and nodding my bloody head to "One Hour of Madness"........The More i listen to Chris's singing the more i hear huge resemblances to Marc Almond,and IMHO they are two very good singers in their own right :wink:
You're not the only person to compare him with Mark Almond ;) bu either way the guy has a natural voice, I wish I could have been at the Astoria.
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

JD wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:Been listening to the album and watching the DVD for most of the evening......i got to speak as i find and i think this album is rather excellent,the more ive listened the better it has got........The Eastgate CD has a much better sound than the Voiceprint CD IMHO and i think the DVD is a nice addition to the package :D Cant stop tapping my feet and nodding my bloody head to "One Hour of Madness"........The More i listen to Chris's singing the more i hear huge resemblances to Marc Almond,and IMHO they are two very good singers in their own right :wink:
You're not the only person to compare him with Mark Almond ;) bu either way the guy has a natural voice, I wish I could have been at the Astoria.
To my mind he does sound like Mark Almond but only in parts. Can't imagine Mark Almond being able to sing the rest of MFD the way that Chris Hausl does.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
JD wrote:
To my mind he does sound like Mark Almond but only in parts. Can't imagine Mark Almond being able to sing the rest of MFD the way that Chris Hausl does.

I agree Chris,it is only in parts but those parts are uncannily very much like MA :arrow:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Watched this today and found it quite engaging. Would have prefered a more fly-on-the-wall type documentary of the making of the album but it was not to be. Still it's very enjoyable.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Being totally honest i have fell for this album BIG time.......ive sat ive listened and it has hit the spot :arrow: Excellent
24db

Post by 24db »

Got to agree mate, just brilliant stuff, not really electronic or the normal TD, but when the music is so good who can resist?
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Watched this twice in bed this morning (there's decadence for you) and am hopelessly hooked.

Got enough guitars Edgar? Love them all....except the blue one. Looks like an accident in the wood-work shop to me. IMO of course. :wink:

Poor Linda looks a little bit out of place at times but all-in-all it looks like everyone had fun making this.

Iris even looks sexy in a pair of safety goggles. We use those a lot at work when dealing with nasty chemicals, don't remember any of my staff looking so sexy. Probably just as well really....that's a court case just waiting to happen.

Would be nice to see one of these tracks played on the telly, that would open a lot of peoples eyes to the magic of TD. Can't see it happening though......... I mean that would blow the BBC's quota for art for the year. :shock:
timer

Post by timer »

Chris Monk wrote:Watched this twice in bed this morning (there's decadence for you) and am hopelessly hooked.

Got enough guitars Edgar? Love them all....except the blue one. Looks like an accident in the wood-work shop to me. IMO of course. :wink:

Poor Linda looks a little bit out of place at times but all-in-all it looks like everyone had fun making this.

Iris even looks sexy in a pair of safety goggles. We use those a lot at work when dealing with nasty chemicals, don't remember any of my staff looking so sexy. Probably just as well really....that's a court case just waiting to happen.

Would be nice to see one of these tracks played on the telly, that would open a lot of peoples eyes to the magic of TD. Can't see it happening though......... I mean that would blow the BBC's quota for art for the year. :shock:
Chris - Edgars guitars - the blue one ! accident in a woodwork shop indeed ! It's a Parker Fly, probably top of the range (last seen on stage at the Astoria 2003, ok the design of this guitar is very radical, but beleive me they are amazing instruments.
was very nice to see the old Gibson Les Paul being used again, pity this didn't make an appearance at the Astoria last week, ah well we can't have everything.
24db

Post by 24db »

It's picking up some nice reviews over at Amazon as well :)
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:It's picking up some nice reviews over at Amazon as well :)
Yes mate, there are at Amazon.co.uk. By the way, when you look at Amazon.com it would be good if there was the option to listen to samples as usual, especially for an album of this utmost high quality.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Yes mate, there are at Amazon.co.uk. By the way, when you look at Amazon.com it would be good if there was the option to listen to samples as usual, especially for an album of this utmost high quality.
well it might put people off it as well ;). I've got to admit I'm surprised how many people love this album
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

24db wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
well it might put people off it as well ;). I've got to admit I'm surprised how many people love this album
If some of my favourites such as 'Shape My Sin' and 'Man' got played on the radio I'm sure they would be very popular.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
HarryPotter No7

Post by HarryPotter No7 »

Got mine friday morning, havent got round to watching it in it's entirety but have listened to the CD a few times and I must say that the last 3 minutes of track 9, 'Mad Song' is the very best I've heard from TD for a long long time - it is absolutely awesome!!! I just can't stop playing it :-)

The rest of the album is very very good too.

A BIGGGGGGGGGG thumbs up for Edgar + Co

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D