Which disc do you like better?

rattymouse
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Which disc do you like better?

Post by rattymouse »

Edgar's re-recorded version of Stuntman? Or Ambient Highways #3?

Discuss.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I like both but if I had to choose I would say the original.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

sparrow wrote:I like both but if I had to choose I would say the original.
Sparrow! You changed the question. Of course the original Stuntman wins, hands down. But that was not one of the choices.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

rattymouse wrote:
Sparrow! You changed the question. Of course the original Stuntman wins, hands down. But that was not one of the choices.
Ahh!! Isee now Tom. I don't particularly like any of the AH albums as the sound quality on a lot of the tracks is too distorted. The re rec Stuntman is OK but I wish EF had left all his solo albums alone. I own the originals and all the re recs but don't play the re recs at all anymore. EIMP is dire on his new version Aqua is one EF's worst reworking IMO.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

sparrow wrote:
rattymouse wrote:
Ahh!! Isee now Tom. I don't particularly like any of the AH albums as the sound quality on a lot of the tracks is too distorted. The re rec Stuntman is OK but I wish EF had left all his solo albums alone. I own the originals and all the re recs but don't play the re recs at all anymore. EIMP is dire on his new version Aqua is one EF's worst reworking IMO.
I never bought any of the re recs since I own the originals. Each of the AH albums has a re rec song from his solo albums. I wonder if they are the exact same as on the re-recs.

I try like hell to like the AH albums, but they are tough going. Waaay too much filller in there.
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

The re-recorded one, but the original still wins.
The way a world of dreams is going on!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

tangmaster wrote:The re-recorded one, but the original still wins.
I agree 100% :arrow: 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.