Tempodrom DVD

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:Having had chance now to play SBE2005 a few times, if I had to express a preference as to which DVD I liked more, it would be Tempodrome. Superior picture quality, better camera work and personally I preferred the Tempodrome light show and effects.

But I'm not being picky or complaining, far from it. With three TD DVD's in a relatively short space of time and the Astoria 2007 to look forward to in due course, I couldn't ask for more really. :)
I'd chose the SBE2005 DVD but for all the wrong reasons. The picture and sound quality aren't as good but, for me, that just adds to the live feel of the DVD. I also prefer the track selection and, because I was there, it's a wonderful momento. Very selfish I know but that's just the type of guy I am.
I'm with you Chris and for the same reasons.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
endorphin wrote:Having had chance now to play SBE2005 a few times, if I had to express a preference as to which DVD I liked more, it would be Tempodrome. Superior picture quality, better camera work and personally I preferred the Tempodrome light show and effects.

But I'm not being picky or complaining, far from it. With three TD DVD's in a relatively short space of time and the Astoria 2007 to look forward to in due course, I couldn't ask for more really. :)
I'd chose the SBE2005 DVD but for all the wrong reasons. The picture and sound quality aren't as good but, for me, that just adds to the live feel of the DVD. I also prefer the track selection and, because I was there, it's a wonderful momento. Very selfish I know but that's just the type of guy I am.
I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
timer

Post by timer »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: I'd chose the SBE2005 DVD but for all the wrong reasons. The picture and sound quality aren't as good but, for me, that just adds to the live feel of the DVD. I also prefer the track selection and, because I was there, it's a wonderful momento. Very selfish I know but that's just the type of guy I am.
I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!
Maybe this is why you prefer th DVD of the one you didn't attend, as you knew what the atmosphere was like at one, and any form of recording cannot out this across.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Good point Tim.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote: I'm with you Chris and for the same reasons.
Maybe this is why you prefer th DVD of the one you didn't attend, as you knew what the atmosphere was like at one, and any form of recording cannot out this across.
Absolutely.

Shame the DVD doesn't come with a little sachet of SBE atmosphere, all smokey and beer soaked. :wink:
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!
Absolutely.

Shame the DVD doesn't come with a little sachet of SBE atmosphere, all smokey and beer soaked. :wink:
That's the truth, I love the DVD of the Tempodrome but being there would have been the ultimate, of course.

I really hope for a DVD of the Astoria concert as I loved this much more than the SBE 2005 concert.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Chris Monk wrote:
timer wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: I prefer the music and visuals of the Tempodrome DVD in spite of being at the SBE 2005 and not at the Tempodrome!
Absolutely.

Don't forget the body odour from the merchandise stall scrum :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
They are both great concerts though and very welcome on DVD.. :D
Long overdue Coin, but now that we have them, I can say, definitely worth the wait :!: :P
Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I find the DVDs a tad boring...I prefer the extras more
:shock: :shock: :shock: Shock Horror :arrow: :?
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

What Edgar Say on Stage at Tempodrome. :?:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

I stick on the Tempodrom DVD whenever I feel a little glum. It's just an excellent journey through the bands career and has a good selection of tracks!

Did anyone see what looks like a digital audio player next to Edgars synth set up? And did they use Cubase for the on-stage sequencing? I didn't see any sign of it on their laptop screens or the big displays!!!
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

epsilon75 wrote:
24db wrote:
Hobo wrote: Long overdue Coin, but now that we have them, I can say, definitely worth the wait :!: :P
Perhaps I shouldn't say this, but I find the DVDs a tad boring...I prefer the extras more
:shock: :shock: :shock: Shock Horror :arrow: :?
I do, sue me! ;)
Beaubourg

Post by Beaubourg »

I myself have never much been a big music dvd fan. I find that I watch them once and then file them for the long haul, as a repeated viewing offers little or no suprises.

With TD, I was certainly one of those BEGGING the band to release a dvd. I certainly got what I wanted with the recent onslaught of releases - but , IMHO, that's not really a good thing.

Having a recent concert released on dvd (FINALLY!) was very exciting (I'm thinking Tempodrom) - however, I think it's becoming a case of "saturation" with all the '05 - '07 releases. Again, beggars shouldn't be choosers, but I feel that if any dvd release OTHER THAN the latest line up would be very nice. I realize there's legal issues with older concerts, but I feel that if they release, say, the Astoria gig, I won't purchase it because I feel as though I've just seen that gig/format on two [very recently] released dvds (SBE, and Tempo).

That's just me. In a nutshell, I think it's silly and a tad overbearing to be releasing dvds for EVERY show in recent gig history, as it's all pretty much the same.

With that, with the footage of the '88 tour on the site, I wonder if the remainder of that show has been preserved for possible DVD release?... THAT would be a definite purchase!!!!

Still, a HUGE thanks to TD for listening to your fan base. VERY much appreciated.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

I really like music DVDs. I watch the Tempodrome and MFD DVD regularly. Hoping for the Astoria DVD release 8)
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

Desert_Voyager wrote:I really like music DVDs. I watch the Tempodrome and MFD DVD regularly. Hoping for the Astoria DVD release 8)
I take it they filmed the Astoria concert then?
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Froesesque wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:I really like music DVDs. I watch the Tempodrome and MFD DVD regularly. Hoping for the Astoria DVD release 8)
I take it they filmed the Astoria concert then?
Yes, there was a camera man on stage who was filming it from many different angles.... it will be good to see live playing close up. It was necessary for him to get close to the instruments for the best view and filming qualities. Really hoping it will be released soon.