TD albums we don't care for?

Desert_Voyager
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Hobo wrote:
Mars Polaris didn't do a lot for me. It's not bad, but nothing really stood out. Just my initial impression. I'll see how I feel after a few more plays.
I prefer Rocking Mars to Mars Polaris. The percussion sounds better.... and then there are the electric and rythem guitars 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Hobo wrote:
Mars Polaris didn't do a lot for me. It's not bad, but nothing really stood out. Just my initial impression. I'll see how I feel after a few more plays.
I prefer Rocking Mars to Mars Polaris. The percussion sounds better.... and then there are the electric and rythem guitars 8)
Me too. I liked Mars Polaris but when Rocking Mars was released that superseded it.
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Beaubourg wrote:Paradiso.

I found the first listening virtually painful to listen to. A bit after that, I thought it would be fair to give it another listen.

I only lasted a few tracks.

Brutal. :-(

Another [dis]honorable mention would be Catch Me if You Can.

What's funny, with albums like Destination Berlin, although it's not good, sometimes I'm in the mood for cheese and it kind of hits the spot!
Catch me if you can is a very bad worse album, but Paradiso is a masterpiece,
The way a world of dreams is going on!
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

tangmaster wrote:
Beaubourg wrote:Paradiso.

I found the first listening virtually painful to listen to. A bit after that, I thought it would be fair to give it another listen.

I only lasted a few tracks.

Brutal. :-(

Another [dis]honorable mention would be Catch Me if You Can.

What's funny, with albums like Destination Berlin, although it's not good, sometimes I'm in the mood for cheese and it kind of hits the spot!
Catch me if you can is a very bad worse album, but Paradiso is a masterpiece,
CMIYC is one I'm perhaps fortunate not to own. Paradiso is a masterpiece?? When I first got it I thought it was but it could've been done with a better mix and IMO the sound is very muddy in far to many parts. There are certain movements (especially on disc two) that are superb.
cantosis

Post by cantosis »

billythefish wrote:
sparrow wrote:I forgot to mention Ambient Monkeys. I agree Mick most TD albums contain something of interest.
I love Ambient monkeys, because it reminds me of the build-up to concerts I went to in the late eighties / early nineties... although I conceed one perhaps should have been there to appreciate this.

My two stinkers are Rockoon and Destination Berlin, although either of these can surprise me when I listen to tracks in isolation.
I agree I really like Ambient Monkeys as well. In fact I was playing it at work yesterday. Rockoon is a bit of a stinker. To be honest there is quite a few of them in the 90s mainly early to mid 90s.
Steve

Post by Steve »

In answer to this post, here's my list of least played TD albums, in no particular order. Note: Until I got 'Kyoto' the other week, the last album I got was Dream Mixes 1, so I've been out of touch for some time.

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Steve wrote:In answer to this post, here's my list of least played TD albums, in no particular order. Note: Until I got 'Kyoto' the other week, the last album I got was Dream Mixes 1, so I've been out of touch for some time.

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.
Are you going to start buying albums to fill in the large gap of missing ones?
wayfarer

Post by wayfarer »

I've found that with our TD collections averaging over a 100 albums it's easy to forget an album and not go back to it.

I'm quite lazy and stick to the Virgin Years, when I have most of the releases. I should spend time having a listen to those CDs gathering dust on the shelf. :wink:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

wayfarer wrote:I've found that with our TD collections averaging over a 100 albums it's easy to forget an album and not go back to it.

I'm quite lazy and stick to the Virgin Years, when I have most of the releases. I should spend time having a listen to those CDs gathering dust on the shelf. :wink:
Stick Melrose on Richard.................an unsung Gem IMHO :wink:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Steve

Post by Steve »

rattymouse wrote:
Steve wrote:In answer to this post, here's my list of least played TD albums, in no particular order. Note: Until I got 'Kyoto' the other week, the last album I got was Dream Mixes 1, so I've been out of touch for some time.

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.
I'm not going to fill the gap completely, but if you have any suggestions to start. As you can see, I was losing interest going into the '90's, so a recommendation for the best TD album since '95 would be a useful starting point. Apart from Kyoto (& also the Astoria e.p.), I've recently got Bootleg Box vols 1 & 2, Vault 4, & am currently waiting for a couple of the Bootmoon series.
24db

Post by 24db »

Steve wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.
I'm not going to fill the gap completely, but if you have any suggestions to start. As you can see, I was losing interest going into the '90's, so a recommendation for the best TD album since '95 would be a useful starting point. Apart from Kyoto (& also the Astoria e.p.), I've recently got Bootleg Box vols 1 & 2, Vault 4, & am currently waiting for a couple of the Bootmoon series.
Buttmoon!...shame you missed the TT series mate, they're far better
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Some of those Buttmoons are a total disgrace :evil: and not bleeding cheap either :roll: :x
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Steve wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.
I'd say you can't go wrong with Jeane d'Arc or Mars Polaris. Start there and see how you feel. Take it slowly so you dont get turned off.
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Steve wrote:
rattymouse wrote:

Alpha Centauri,
Zeit,
Atem,
Hyperborea,
Wavelength,
Legend,
Tyger,
Lily on the Beach,
Melrose,
Rockoon,

Live long & prosper.
Bypass Mota Atma.... Get Oasis, Seven Letters, Dream Mixes 2 , Rocking Mars, Zoning, Tournado and everything since Jeanne d'Arc.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

wayfarer wrote:I've found that with our TD collections averaging over a 100 albums it's easy to forget an album and not go back to it.

My collection will be bringing that average down, but I know what you mean!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese