First experience of TD

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by alipaul »

epsilon75 wrote:
alipaul wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
That must have been an awsome experience at that time :arrow:
Absolutely mindblowing !!!! apparently i stood there open mouthed all the way through the gig i don't think i've ever recovered :shock:
Mind boggling mate............Wish i were there 8)
I remember that they absolutely blew my socks off and i was attracted to the strange and alien sounds and from that point i knew i was hooked
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

alipaul wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
alipaul wrote:My first experience was listening to TD was in my uncles motorbike shed.

Saw Them live at the Rainbow theatre 1974

Absolutely mindblowing !!!! apparently i stood there open mouthed all the way through the gig i don't think i've ever recovered :shock:
You were so lucky to have seen them in the 70's. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
alipaul wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:
You were so lucky to have seen them in the 70's. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I had the chance to see them in the 70s but turned the it down. :oops:
Sometimes I can be such an arse. :roll:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

I would have been thinking about that the rest of my life Chris :oops: :cry:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
alipaul wrote: Absolutely mindblowing !!!! apparently i stood there open mouthed all the way through the gig i don't think i've ever recovered :shock:
it just meant you could see them more in the 80's Chris!
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
alipaul wrote: Absolutely mindblowing !!!! apparently i stood there open mouthed all the way through the gig i don't think i've ever recovered :shock:
Ouch!
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

epsilon75 wrote:I would have been thinking about that the rest of my life Chris :oops: :cry:
I have and as time goes on it just gets worse and worse.

I almost didn't go to the 1980 concerts. :oops:
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Chris Monk wrote:
epsilon75 wrote:I would have been thinking about that the rest of my life Chris :oops: :cry:
I have and as time goes on it just gets worse and worse.

I almost didn't go to the 1980 concerts. :oops:
Bleeding heck mate :shock: Thats what i call beating yourself up :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I remember browsing in the local record shop in the mid 70's and coming across the TD section. I was always drawn to the Encore artwork but thought to myself they'll probably be like the Eagles or something because of the American Flag. The very first TD I ever heard was a snippet of White Eagle on a walkman. At the time I tought it was just OK. First purchase was Poland which beleive it or not was also just OK. I visited a mate for the first time and he let me hear Cyclone, Ricochet , Rubycon and some other stuff and from then I was hooked. That day I went into town and bought Ricochet and was blown away and really chuffed to actually find a cheap copy.
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

My first experience of the tangs? I brought the Castle release 'The Collection' on cassette in 1990 and totaly hated it except 'White Clouds' at the end which I totaly loved (released on Green Desert originally me thinks?). Not a good start!!

My next recollection? I brought Optical Race on cassette the same year which I thought was totally awsome, I still have it!!! - My love of TD was confirmed when I got a copy of Force Majeure from my local library the next year!!!

:D :o
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Froesesque wrote:My first experience of the tangs? I brought the Castle release 'The Collection' on cassette in 1990 and totaly hated it except 'White Clouds' at the end which I totaly loved (released on Green Desert originally me thinks?). Not a good start!!

My next recollection? I brought Optical Race on cassette the same year which I thought was totally awsome, I still have it!!! - My love of TD was confirmed when I got a copy of Force Majeure from my local library the next year!!!

Yes Hedgehog, The Collection is one of the not so good TD compilation albums but as you say White Clouds is excellent especially as part of the album Green Desert.

Optical Race is trully incredible 8)
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

Desert_Voyager wrote:
Froesesque wrote:My first experience of the tangs? I brought the Castle release 'The Collection' on cassette in 1990 and totaly hated it except 'White Clouds' at the end which I totaly loved (released on Green Desert originally me thinks?). Not a good start!!

Yes Hedgehog, The Collection is one of the not so good TD compilation albums but as you say White Clouds is excellent especially as part of the album Green Desert.

I remember buying Optical Race and had to wait for the local store to get a vinyl copy in. They had one copy on CD which was useless as I couldn't afford a cd player. I absolutely adore this album and it is one of only a few I don't tire of. So many diiferent moods on the record. Fave track has to be the opener Marakesh which IMO is awesome.
homeless

Post by homeless »

alipaul wrote:1978 Birmingham Odeon Cyclone Tour with Lasers now that was a light show :D
It certainly was that year!

First experience? ..... far too fuzzy to be sure .... vaguely recall playing 'Zeit' on my
mates mono tape recorder at full volume through head phones whilst
on a Glasgow > London overnight bus after a good evening bevvy in the mid- 70's....

homeless
24db

Post by 24db »

sparrow wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote:

I remember buying Optical Race and had to wait for the local store to get a vinyl copy in. They had one copy on CD which was useless as I couldn't afford a cd player. I absolutely adore this album and it is one of only a few I don't tire of. So many diiferent moods on the record. Fave track has to be the opener Marakesh which IMO is awesome.
Always liked OR, bar the title track. TD's biggest seller in the US
JD

Post by JD »

24db wrote:
sparrow wrote:
Desert_Voyager wrote: Yes Hedgehog, The Collection is one of the not so good TD compilation albums but as you say White Clouds is excellent especially as part of the album Green Desert.

Always liked OR, bar the title track. TD's biggest seller in the US
any ides how many it sold ?
"I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them". - George Bush