TD albums we don't care for?

homeless
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by homeless »

...... loved Mars Polaris when it first came out ....

... got Rocking Mars lately too.. but I've yet to listen to all of it.

... it's awful... :roll:

homeless
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

Hobo wrote:
NicholasP wrote:Pheadra is somewhat boring, according to me. :oops:
I have a soft spot for Phaedra, as it was my introduction to TD in 1974. Mysterious Semblance...... is a masterpiece!
Didn't like Phaedra much when I first heard it but over the years it has really grown on me.

.....and I know it's sacrilege to say it but I actually like Phaedra 2005 as well.....possibly more. :shock:
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

homeless wrote:...... loved Mars Polaris when it first came out ....

... got Rocking Mars lately too.. but I've yet to listen to all of it.

... it's awful... :roll:

homeless
I like Mars Polaris a lot but when Rocking Mars came out I found I actually liked it more. It's a bit more punchy and rocky (for want of a decent desription) but then again I'm into heavy Rock music so that was always going to be the case.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote:
NicholasP wrote:Pheadra is somewhat boring, according to me. :oops:
I have a soft spot for Phaedra, as it was my introduction to TD in 1974. Mysterious Semblance...... is a masterpiece!
Didn't like Phaedra much when I first heard it but over the years it has really grown on me.

.....and I know it's sacrilege to say it but I actually like Phaedra 2005 as well.....possibly more. :shock:
lol...ouch! Nothing wrong with liking whatever you want Chris, I know there's a few people around here that would tell you that you're wrong, but they're not you, therefore anything they might say covers them only. Btw Phaedra 74 is better ;)
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
Hobo wrote: I have a soft spot for Phaedra, as it was my introduction to TD in 1974. Mysterious Semblance...... is a masterpiece!

lol...ouch! Nothing wrong with liking whatever you want Chris, I know there's a few people around here that would tell you that you're wrong, but they're not you, therefore anything they might say covers them only. Btw Phaedra 74 is better ;)
Yep. Been pilloried for that one before. Can't help it, I guess I'm just a little strange.

Not that that should be news to the users of this forum.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote: Didn't like Phaedra much when I first heard it but over the years it has really grown on me.

Yep. Been pilloried for that one before. Can't help it, I guess I'm just a little strange.

Nah, it's good to be different. I wouldn't want the same taste as everybody else, the same way I wouldn't want to just listen to TD 'all the time'. There's no right or wrong in music, therefore if you find Phaedra 2005 more enjoyable, then it doesn't matter how many people brow beat you or point out all the equipment or the somehow more complex nature of the sound, their 'facts' are just opinions...nothing more.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
24db wrote: lol...ouch! Nothing wrong with liking whatever you want Chris, I know there's a few people around here that would tell you that you're wrong, but they're not you, therefore anything they might say covers them only. Btw Phaedra 74 is better ;)

Nah, it's good to be different. I wouldn't want the same taste as everybody else, the same way I wouldn't want to just listen to TD 'all the time'. There's no right or wrong in music, therefore if you find Phaedra 2005 more enjoyable, then it doesn't matter how many people brow beat you or point out all the equipment or the somehow more complex nature of the sound, their 'facts' are just opinions...nothing more.
Totally agree Andy. Though to be honest any flaming on the forum would be water off a ducks back. Whilst I enjoy reading other peoples opinions, it's no going to sway mine. I dare say you feel the same. Besides I'm old enough and grumpy enough not to give a t*ss, it's one of the beauties of getting old. :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

Spot on mate :) I'm a grizzlie...but not of the dancing kind ;)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

each to their own opinion that's what makes being a follower of TD everyone likes something different i wouldn't sound off at anyone for liking anything different
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
24db

Post by 24db »

alipaul wrote:each to their own opinion that's what makes being a follower of TD everyone likes something different i wouldn't sound off at anyone for liking anything different
Spot on mate.
That reminds me I need to email you when I get back home on tuesday
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

24db wrote:
alipaul wrote:each to their own opinion that's what makes being a follower of TD everyone likes something different i wouldn't sound off at anyone for liking anything different
Spot on mate.
That reminds me I need to email you when I get back home on tuesday
Look forward to receiving it as ever
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
tdfan

Post by tdfan »

.....and I know it's sacrilege to say it but I actually like Phaedra 2005 as well.....possibly more
You are not alone. I listen to Phaedra 2005 more often than the original album. They are both good, but in different ways...
24db

Post by 24db »

tdfan wrote:
.....and I know it's sacrilege to say it but I actually like Phaedra 2005 as well.....possibly more
You are not alone. I listen to Phaedra 2005 more often than the original album. They are both good, but in different ways...
Some people won't like that ;) mind you who cares, just enjoy it...it's music
Froesesque

Post by Froesesque »

tdfan wrote:
I quite like Phaedra 2005. I think that some of the people that didn't probably expected something along the lines of the original album. The thing is that with TD or Edgar Froese reissues, in recent years, is that you get something that sounds quite different to what you expect.

I think you just have to listen to each new TD release with fresh ears and no pre-conceptions. Thats what I try to do, doesn't always work though mind you. MOTA ATMA - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
:D
You were only supposed to blow the bladdy doors off!!!!
24db

Post by 24db »

Froesesque wrote:
tdfan wrote:
I quite like Phaedra 2005. I think that some of the people that didn't probably expected something along the lines of the original album. The thing is that with TD or Edgar Froese reissues, in recent years, is that you get something that sounds quite different to what you expect.

I think you just have to listen to each new TD release with fresh ears and no pre-conceptions. Thats what I try to do, doesn't always work though mind you. MOTA ATMA - Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
:D
pre-conceptions are the worst thing, some fans get angry before they've even heard the album and one or two (whisper this)...get angry instead of listening to it and pretend they did.
But...each to their own...it's only bleeding music