Effectiveness of MFD as an album

alipaul
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: MFD strikes a chord where all else fails

Post by alipaul »

nightmare strand wrote:Edgar in his recent interview for Voiceprint commented on the obvious lack of affection that women generally feel for the TD style. Indeed my wife shared this sentiment and would go to great lengths to endorse it. That was
until MFD and the considerable vocal talents of Herr Hausl . Have to admit it,
she knows a damn fine singer when she hears one. Me personally, a prefer those lush instrumental meanderings that are the traditional core of TD, but
Edgar has made a fan from an adversary, if only for a short period and that's no mean achievement I can tell you. If you're going to use a singer, then use a good one. Edgar clearly did his homework on this one and fair play to him
You're lucky my wife won't listen to TD in any form :oops:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

10/10. I'm so impressed by TD's creativity these days, you probably woulcn't find anything useful from my review. Unless you want me to translate it into English.

The dvd is not live, it's music videos, as it looks odd, and I can only critisize it the same way, like I did with the Tempodrom dvd.
rattymouse

Post by rattymouse »

Pertou wrote:10/10. I'm so impressed by TD's creativity these days, you probably woulcn't find anything useful from my review. Unless you want me to translate it into English.

The dvd is not live, it's music videos, as it looks odd, and I can only critisize it the same way, like I did with the Tempodrom dvd.
Yeah, the DVD is pretty lame. I wish I didnt buy it since it was so incredibly expensive.
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

rattymouse wrote:
Pertou wrote:10/10. I'm so impressed by TD's creativity these days, you probably woulcn't find anything useful from my review. Unless you want me to translate it into English.

Yeah, the DVD is pretty lame. I wish I didnt buy it since it was so incredibly expensive.
Just 'forget' about it. I only play the album myself. :D
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

alipaul wrote:
nightmare strand wrote:Edgar in his recent interview for Voiceprint commented on the obvious lack of affection that women generally feel for the TD style. Indeed my wife shared this sentiment and would go to great lengths to endorse it. That was
she knows a damn fine singer when she hears one. Me personally, a prefer those lush instrumental meanderings that are the traditional core of TD, but
Edgar has made a fan from an adversary, if only for a short period and that's no mean achievement I can tell you. If you're going to use a singer, then use a good one. Edgar clearly did his homework on this one and fair play to him
My wife recently sat quite happily through the MFD DVD and seemed to quite enjoy it. She also seemed quite happy when I told her I'd bought tickets for the Frankfurt concert ......although she did say something about shopping-trip.
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
alipaul wrote:
My wife recently sat quite happily through the MFD DVD and seemed to quite enjoy it. She also seemed quite happy when I told her I'd bought tickets for the Frankfurt concert ......although she did say something about shopping-trip.
the gig could be quite experimental/minimal....I hope you wife likes it mate
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

24db wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:
alipaul wrote: You're lucky my wife won't listen to TD in any form :oops:
the gig could be quite experimental/minimal....I hope you wife likes it mate
I'll do what I usually do, give her a wadge of cash for G&Ts , she'll be happy. :wink:

...actually that's sell her short a bit. if it's sufficiently interesting and different she'll probably watch it quite happily.
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

nightmare strand wrote:Edgar in his recent interview for Voiceprint commented on the obvious lack of affection that women generally feel for the TD style. Indeed my wife shared this sentiment and would go to great lengths to endorse it. That was until MFD and the considerable vocal talents of Herr Hausl . Have to admit it, she knows a damn fine singer when she hears one.
My wife seems quite taken with MFD (all except Solution of All Problems) and she likes the DM series, all though you'd never get her to admit it. You could try your wife with those, they seem to be "female-friendly".
nightmare strand wrote:Me personally, a prefer those lush instrumental meanderings that are the traditional core of TD,
Have you tried Springtime in Nagasaki, sounds like it might be right up your street.
homeless

Re: Effectiveness of MFD as an album

Post by homeless »

alipaul wrote:Just to give you notice and this is not to generate any flame wars but
i listened to MFD dozens of times and my overall opinion of the album is that it is the BEST vocal album TD have produced, the music on the album is first class as you would expect, but it wouldn't rank in my top 10 of albums.
It is though a welcome addition to my collection of TD but i prefer my TD to be a little more instrumental based.

MFD was a great experiment but i wouldn't want it to become the norm

I am not being critical in anyway about this album or the way it was conceived this is only my personal opinion
Quite remarkable and true.

Doesn't anyone else {old enough} feel the same empathy when Cyclone
was released? It's exactly the same.

homless
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

homeless wrote:
alipaul wrote:Just to give you notice and this is not to generate any flame wars but
i listened to MFD dozens of times and my overall opinion of the album is that it is the BEST vocal album TD have produced, the music on the album is first class as you would expect, but it wouldn't rank in my top 10 of albums.
It is though a welcome addition to my collection of TD but i prefer my TD to be a little more instrumental based.

I am not being critical in anyway about this album or the way it was conceived this is only my personal opinion

homless
My reaction to both releases was pretty much the same, although I disliked the Cyclone vocals more, because the music was SO strong. (I like the vocals now though).
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
hansx

Post by hansx »

epsilon75 wrote:I think its a fine album,there is certainly no doubt about that and the bonus of the DVD adds a special touch.........

I do hope they dont do vocals on all albums in the future,but no way i can knock MFD,its a touch of class :D 8)
I didn't see the dvd yet. Hope that I can download it somewhere in the next weeks.
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

homeless wrote:

homless

I loved Cyclone on it's release but i did see the concert before i bought the album.
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache