First experience of TD

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by 24db »

JD wrote:
24db wrote:
sparrow wrote: I remember buying Optical Race and had to wait for the local store to get a vinyl copy in. They had one copy on CD which was useless as I couldn't afford a cd player. I absolutely adore this album and it is one of only a few I don't tire of. So many diiferent moods on the record. Fave track has to be the opener Marakesh which IMO is awesome.
Always liked OR, bar the title track. TD's biggest seller in the US
any ides how many it sold ?
According to TD 150,000 copies. But I'm sure some people think I'm not telling the truth...but I just gave it ;)
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

In 1977 I worked near Victoria Station in London. There was a department store in Victoria Street called Army and Navy which had a Hi Fi department in the basement. I wandered down there one lunchtime and some really weird music was playing - nothing like anything I had ever heard before. I looked at the tape cassette and could just read the handwriting which said "Rubycon Tangerine Dream". A few days later I went in again and "Ricochet" was playing. Strangely they didnt actually sell music in the shop only equipment. Across the road from the store was a Harlequin Records Shop. I looked for the Tangerine Dream Section but there wasn't one so I looked under miscellaneous T but still no luck. I asked the assistant at the counter and he said they didn't have Rubycon or Ricochet. He then said we have an album by a group called "Phaedra" which had something to do with Tangerines in the title!!!!!!. I bought it and I was hooked for life !
ngc891

Post by ngc891 »

alipaul wrote:My first experience was listening to TD was in my uncles motorbike shed.

Saw Them live at the Rainbow theatre 1974

Aaah those were the days. I was there too !

The premiere of their visual synthesizer if I remember ,with folk remarking that the visuals were distracting from the music.

Also lucky enough to be at the June 74 Victoria earlier as well, which was a totally different experience. Totally dark, never faced the audience
and the music was just food for the soul.

Think you've got a copy of the flyer I still have from then -Andy ?

Chris
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
24db

Post by 24db »

ngc891 wrote:
alipaul wrote:My first experience was listening to TD was in my uncles motorbike shed.

The premiere of their visual synthesizer if I remember ,with folk remarking that the visuals were distracting from the music.

Also lucky enough to be at the June 74 Victoria earlier as well, which was a totally different experience. Totally dark, never faced the audience

Chris
the blue and silver one mate? I bought one recently as well
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ngc891 wrote:Also lucky enough to be at the June 74 Victoria earlier as well, which was a totally different experience. Totally dark, never faced the audience and the music was just food for the soul.
Is this the show Edgar refers to on the SBE2005 DVD where Richard Branson wanted them to do something outrageous?
24db

Post by 24db »

Chris Monk wrote:
ngc891 wrote:Also lucky enough to be at the June 74 Victoria earlier as well, which was a totally different experience. Totally dark, never faced the audience and the music was just food for the soul.
Is this the show Edgar refers to on the SBE2005 DVD where Richard Branson wanted them to do something outrageous?
I think so Chris
ngc891

Post by ngc891 »

Chris Monk wrote:

I believe so, I remember Branson coming on at the end, but the band just nodded approval to the audience's applause and were off. They certainly didn't comply with his wishes - not that we were aware of anyway.
Later read that the concert was attended by various celebrities including
John Peel of course and I believe Eno

Chris
The stars are matter, We're matter, But it doesn't matter
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

1973 with Atem, and still love this band and that's a long time .
The way a world of dreams is going on!
Chris Monk

Post by Chris Monk »

ngc891 wrote:
Chris Monk wrote:

I believe so, I remember Branson coming on at the end, but the band just nodded approval to the audience's applause and were off. They certainly didn't comply with his wishes - not that we were aware of anyway.
Later read that the concert was attended by various celebrities including
John Peel of course and I believe Eno

Chris
Thanks Chris.
I'm soooooooooooooo jealous. :mrgreen:
It must have been great.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

ngc891 wrote:

Chris
Chris

What i'd have given to have been there 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

My First Experience with TD When I Start it Listening to Back in High School I was 15 years old this was in 1995.
I First Bought was Canyon Dreams sound it Okay & the next few Months later Bought a another one it is
Tyranny of Beauty Starting listening it Sounding Awesome I Like the Seattle Years.
Now I Just a listen to Little bit of TD Music Because I’m Listening Something Else.

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢