Exit

Hobo
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by Hobo »

24db wrote:
Hobo wrote:
24db wrote: TD were on a roll, I remember buying Thief, then Exit and then White Eagle and thinking it was the best music ever. Music with emotion that was light years ahead of anybody else, technology and sound wise. For me they couldn't put a foot wrong when they did Exit, it typified what I thought was great about the TD at the time; stunning use of timbre with a huge restrainedpower (you could try to imagine it at home) but it was live that they stunned you (in every sense). It was perfect marriage of the right time, the right technology and (without them there would be been nothing) the right musicians.
Exit was the culmination of a period in my life when TD meant an awful lot to me. They still do of course, but back then they helped to steer me on a path away from probable self-destruction.
Nice one, you should thank Chris, Edgar and Johannes personally
You're right, I should, but I seem to have mislaid their numbers. Maybe when I see them at the pub next! :wink:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:andy, you have nailed it

awesomely

8)

and then we had POLAND 8)
Without analysing the arse out of it, I think it was 'partly' due to the perfect balance of analog and digital equipment (with some tape loops thrown in) that made Exit. No longer did music have to be all muffled...now you could have bass, but now with sweeps of harmonics, glass-like, voice like or anything inbetween. On Exit TD threw everything they had into it, heart and head (not to say quite a few quid on studio equipment). Total compositions they told a story, had development, soared and weaved and pulsed and didn't have to be 25 minutes long to take you on that journey.

Lads I salute you!
Last edited by 24db on Fri May 18, 2007 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

bm signsback in

on headphones now

andy you are so right.

exit is a turning point in electronic music

100 percent a beauty

its beyond review or discussion, its its perfect.
...The wise.....are silent.....
Desert_Voyager

Post by Desert_Voyager »

Exit was my Entry.
“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.”
24db

Post by 24db »

bigmoog wrote:bm signsback in

on headphones now

andy you are so right.

exit is a turning point in electronic music

100 percent a beauty

its beyond review or discussion, its its perfect.
And...a big influence on Orbital...so once said TD influenced the next generation of Electronic Music
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

Exit a sublime album IMHO
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
jimi

Post by jimi »

I totally agree with all of the above.

I was living in very remotely then, when I got my hands on Exit I played it every day for at least a year. My ex girlfriend still reminds me of it - she associates me with 'listening to TD every day' :lol:

These days I'm listening to a lot of Pete Namlook, just found out he's got 135+ albums out :o only got 50 or so - but growing rapidly
Greeting from Ireland

Jimi
24db

Post by 24db »

jimi wrote:I totally agree with all of the above.

I was living in very remotely then, when I got my hands on Exit I played it every day for at least a year. My ex girlfriend still reminds me of it - she associates me with 'listening to TD every day' :lol:

These days I'm listening to a lot of Pete Namlook, just found out he's got 135+ albums out :o only got 50 or so - but growing rapidly
Pete Namlook? I seem to remember it's almost 300...start saving mate, btw any favourites?
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

I too have tried to keep up with Pete !!

Among my favourites -------

From the PK series -

Jet chambers (most)
Namlook series (most again but 8/9 and 5 and in particular 14 (Go no go ! fantastic driving song)

I really love the PW series - the older Shades of Orion's and Psychonavigation's and the 2350 Broadway's

Again like most its a match against quality and quantity - I do actually like most !

If anyone is not keyed in to PN :wink: yet check out the Ambient Cookbooks -- excellent starters and great in their own right (the music sequencing of tracks together would make even CF blush !)
David Fox
24db

Post by 24db »

akaihead wrote:I too have tried to keep up with Pete !!

Among my favourites -------

From the PK series -

Jet chambers (most)
Namlook series (most again but 8/9 and 5 and in particular 14 (Go no go ! fantastic driving song)

I really love the PW series - the older Shades of Orion's and Psychonavigation's and the 2350 Broadway's

Again like most its a match against quality and quantity - I do actually like most !

If anyone is not keyed in to PN :wink: yet check out the Ambient Cookbooks -- excellent starters and great in their own right (the music sequencing of tracks together would make even CF blush !)
Excellent stuff....this deserves a new thread I think
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

While I can wax lyrical on TD I can go overboard sometimes on PN -- one word always sums Pete up for me and that is ORIGINAL - in style, product distribution, technology, variety - he's done it all, every format of music style has been given the PN treatment - his co-composers that he selects for either PK or PW are given equal billing and space. The distribution of the product is just right for the audience. Forgot to mention the DSOTM's - two equals no ego's.

Often copied - never equalled !
David Fox
24db

Post by 24db »

akaihead wrote:While I can wax lyrical on TD I can go overboard sometimes on PN -- one word always sums Pete up for me and that is ORIGINAL - in style, product distribution, technology, variety - he's done it all, every format of music style has been given the PN treatment - his co-composers that he selects for either PK or PW are given equal billing and space. The distribution of the product is just right for the audience. Forgot to mention the DSOTM's - two equals no ego's.

Often copied - never equalled !
New 'waxing lyrical PN thread' now started :)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

Pete Namlook is an artist I'm not familiar with. I'm scared to even try, in case I become hooked. That truly is a prodigious output! :shock:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

2 CD Are from Time Warner in Virgin Records Are In CD Bookshelf. :D
Keeping at the Cool Place. :wink:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

Post by jimi »

24db wrote:
jimi wrote:I totally agree with all of the above.

Pete Namlook? I seem to remember it's almost 300...start saving mate, btw any favourites?
300 :shock: holy christmas-goose :wink:

my favourites are
  • Ambient Cookbook
    Dark side of the Moog series with Klaus Schulze
    Outland series
    Air Series
and bits and pieces from others, never know what he gets into, jazz - techno -ambience you never know, very inspiring
Greeting from Ireland

Jimi