how often would you play

epsilon75
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by epsilon75 »

nightmare strand wrote:Rubycon does it for me in the long term satisfaction stakes. I was lucky
enough to get my hands on the enhanced SACD version and the clarity just adds another dimension to what is already a true musical event.

Have to say that despite some apathy amongst some fans for tangentising, Edgars re-interpretations of the Tangram pieces were a masterstroke and like Rubycon, I never seem to tire of them.
Its always a pleasure to know that someone else is on the same wavelength as yourself..........now i know ive not been talking bull sh** for the last 28 years :lol: :D :D Rubycon forever 8)
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
akaihead

Post by akaihead »

Rubycon and Maroubra Bay are my all time playlists. Both very very special. I discovered TD during that style of composition (moody start - seq runs and lush finish), loved it and still do even though (& fair paly) the band have moved on and on....

I have other specials from all decades Exit, Poland, Live miles from the 80's and Rockoon, Quinoa, Dream Mix, Oasis from the 90's and Jeanne from 00's (so far!).......but I always go back to the 70's for repetition !

My head's not stuck in the sand and its not wishing for past glories but there was nothing like it then......and now. :wink:
David Fox
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

akaihead wrote:Rubycon and Maroubra Bay are my all time playlists. Both very very special. I discovered TD during that style of composition (moody start - seq runs and lush finish), loved it and still do even though (& fair paly) the band have moved on and on....

I have other specials from all decades Exit, Poland, Live miles from the 80's and Rockoon, Quinoa, Dream Mix, Oasis from the 90's and Jeanne from 00's (so far!).......but I always go back to the 70's for repetition !

My head's not stuck in the sand and its not wishing for past glories but there was nothing like it then......and now. :wink:

David i could not agree more mate...........I feel very much the same myself :wink: :arrow: and my head is certainly not in the sand,i love TD as much today as i always have,the quality music just keeps coming 8) :D
Last edited by epsilon75 on Sat May 19, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

It depends on the times I'm experiencing and the mood I'm in...

I hope my head isn't stuck in the sand, but, again, I find Rubycon a wonderful all round soother of ragged emotions - more than any other except, perhaps, Underwater Sunlight at some times, or Remote Viewing if I want a quick fix......

MFD is more complex and needs more from the listener. Edgar said once I believe that he had a "formula" for making the tracks work and it's the apparent simplicity of much of TD's music that keeps it alive in one's head.

I must admit that, recently, a load of kids who's exams I was invigilating drove me mad with their bad behaviour one afternoon when the exam finished early. The only thing that could sort my head out was the closing moments of Ricochet Pt1 - LOUDLY! Edgars agonised, lonely guitar and the powerful growly bass notes (and the higher lead on top) finishing on a beautifully (re-) constructed sequence of notes (There's a proper term for the note progression I know) brought me back to earth just in time for me pulling up at home.....
HYPERBOREA

Post by HYPERBOREA »

If I think its really good after just one or two listens I try not not overplay it as I think you can get bored with it. I often find that its the albums that dont instantly appeal often become favourites after a number of years have elapsed.
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

Well, it took over thirty years for me and Stratosfear... 8)
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

DSJR wrote:Well, it took over thirty years for me and Stratosfear... 8)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

In my household i tend to listen to TD with my headphones on.
i tend to hear something new on each occassion.

Had my ears syringed once and listened to Cyclone afterwards wow what a trip :shock:
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
DSJR

Post by DSJR »

alipaul wrote:In my household i tend to listen to TD with my headphones on.
i tend to hear something new on each occassion.

Had my ears syringed once and listened to Cyclone afterwards wow what a trip :shock:
I'm working on us moving our living room and dining room around so that I can get a decent sound from my music system again. I tend to listen a lot in the car and on my PC (my brain makes up the difference in quality MOST of the time).

My ears are now beyond syringing, although I've experienced similar to you in years gone by...

Music is the only trip I get and it's wonderful.......
sparrow

Post by sparrow »

I always play a new TD record at least every day for a week and usually two or three times on the first day. After a week I tend to leave it for a wee while but if it's good it doesn't stay on the shelf long. TD albums are the ones I most look forward to and I hate when they ar delayed.
jimi

Post by jimi »

Due to the constant expansion of my MP3 collection I tend to listen to new music mostly, but when I'm doing online stuff (I play a few hours snooker online almost every day) I tend to listen to TD, PN or KS - perfect music to chill out but I'm still able to concentrate.
Greeting from Ireland

Jimi
tangmaster

Post by tangmaster »

Most played after buying is still Cyclone, heard that one more than 1000 times followed by Inferno which is still my number 2. But these days it's Madcap's Flaming Duty on CD and DVD. I do like the album more and more. 8)
The way a world of dreams is going on!
la sagesse du destin

Post by la sagesse du destin »

I think I listened "jim und Pablo" two times (the minimum) and "Encore" more than 600 times (the maximum)(one time every day in 1980,one time every week in 1981,and 10 times every year from 1982 to 2007 365+52+(26*10)=677).
Encore was my first album from TD and the revelation for me but it was my only album .Now I listen beetween 1and 3 albums from TD every day and the pleasure is to select every morning the album to hear in my car.

Charles
Infinite thanks to all the peoples from Eastgate and TD for the Japan Raffle.
www.tangram-dream.fr
hansx

Post by hansx »

la sagesse du destin wrote:I think I listened "jim und Pablo" two times (the minimum) and "Encore" more than 600 times (the maximum)(one time every day in 1980,one time every week in 1981,and 10 times every year from 1982 to 2007 365+52+(26*10)=677).
Encore was my first album from TD and the revelation for me but it was my only album .Now I listen beetween 1and 3 albums from TD every day and the pleasure is to select every morning the album to hear in my car.

Charles
I listened this afternoon to Jim & Pablo. It is a pity that the pieces are so short. I think if they were longer there could be a nice cd in it.

Encore is a must for every fan. Played it a lot.