Sleeping Watches Snoring in Silence EP

rotwang
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Post by rotwang »

Got my copy of SWSIS yesterday (thanks, Vic!). All I can say is, Wow! This is one of the best TD releases in a long time. True, I would have liked Hyper Sphinx to have incorporated all of the original composition, but I like what Edgar has done with it. One question, though: When did Mike Oldfield join TD? I confess that was my impression when the guitar solo kicked in about 10 minutes into the song. The guitar playing is very reminiscent of Oldfield's -- to my ears, at any rate.

Lady Monk is another fine composition. I'm hearing echoes of previous TD works -- probably because of the instrumentation used -- but I can't quite place which tracks this song resembles.

As for the title track, this is simply phenomenal. It would fit in quite comfortably with late 1980s works like Exit or Poland. I can't seem to stop playing this one. (I know I'll have to, though, because I also ordered Springtime in Nagasaki. Will have to spin this one a few more times before I can comment on it.)

All in all, though, I consider these two discs a fine investment of my hard-earned money. Keep 'em coming, Edgar.
I am not a slow writer, I am not a fast writer, I am a half-fast writer.
-- Robert Asprin
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D :D I've listened and listened to Hyper Sphinx and the opening chord is definitely from Poland. After that, who cares. Just enjoy :D :D :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::D :D I've listened and listened to Hyper Sphinx and the opening chord is definitely from Poland. After that, who cares. Just enjoy :D :D :wink:
well, Hyperborea came before Poland ;)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D Say no more :!: :!: :wink: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::D Say no more :!: :!: :wink: :wink:
I should point out that I made a BIG mistake in my review of the title track, I really should have gone back and re-listened to the original track on Hyperborea. I thought the vocoder sections were added recently by Edgar, whereas it's on the original as well. Either way it knocks the socks of most other tracks.
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D Either way, mate. An entire album of this wonderous 'diehardiness' would surely be greeted with rapturous 'pericombobulation'. (Sorry for the Blackadder slant to that last statement). :D :D :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::D Either way, mate. An entire album of this wonderous 'diehardiness' would surely be greeted with rapturous 'pericombobulation'. (Sorry for the Blackadder slant to that last statement). :D :D :wink:
:D well, I agree with the entire album bit :D I think it's likely that they'll be a new TD plays TD 2 with some tracks from that era...fingers crossed we'll get the guitar, sax and filtered percussion looped version of Rare Bird (I'd buy an album for that alone!)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D Yep. Me too. By the way, the TD Vaults have gone very quiet n'es pas :?: :?: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::D Yep. Me too. By the way, the TD Vaults have gone very quiet n'es pas :?: :?: :wink:
Reading between the lines I think Chris Franke has pulled the plug on anything pre 1987, obviously that still leaves plenty to release, but Edgar, et al are busy (Edgar said he has 10 projects on the go at the moment)
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D A workaholic 62/63 year old. Hats off, you have to give Edgar credit for 100% commitment :wink: :wink:
24db

Post by 24db »

prophetfive wrote::D A workaholic 62/63 year old. Hats off, you have to give Edgar credit for 100% commitment :wink: :wink:
hell, anybody that does a 16-18 hour day in music gets my vote!
prophetfive

Post by prophetfive »

:D Mine too :!: :!: :wink:
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

rotwang wrote:Got my copy of SWSIS yesterday (thanks, Vic!). All I can say is, Wow! This is one of the best TD releases in a long time. True, I would have liked Hyper Sphinx to have incorporated all of the original composition, but I like what Edgar has done with it. One question, though: When did Mike Oldfield join TD? I confess that was my impression when the guitar solo kicked in about 10 minutes into the song. The guitar playing is very reminiscent of Oldfield's -- to my ears, at any rate.

Lady Monk is another fine composition. I'm hearing echoes of previous TD works -- probably because of the instrumentation used -- but I can't quite place which tracks this song resembles.

As for the title track, this is simply phenomenal. It would fit in quite comfortably with late 1980s works like Exit or Poland. I can't seem to stop playing this one. (I know I'll have to, though, because I also ordered Springtime in Nagasaki. Will have to spin this one a few more times before I can comment on it.)

All in all, though, I consider these two discs a fine investment of my hard-earned money. Keep 'em coming, Edgar.
I agree. Top notch fare! :D
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

DALINIAN :!:
...The wise.....are silent.....
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I can't play it enough most repeated tracks on my Ipod
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache