Phaedra 35th anniversary dvd question

24db
https://mapa.targeo.pl/kuchnie-na-wymiar-warszawa-ladna-41-97-500-radomsko~20490206/meble-wyposazenie-domu-sklep/adres

Re: Phaedra 35th anniversary dvd question

Post by 24db »

Pertou wrote:
24db wrote: IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including athe fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.
Can you hear a cigarette being lit from a zippo lighter? cool! :D
thankfully TD don't do these cliches ;)
Pertou

Post by Pertou »

24db wrote:
Pertou wrote:
24db wrote: IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including athe fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.
Can you hear a cigarette being lit from a zippo lighter? cool! :D
thankfully TD don't do these cliches ;)
Haha, I hear no heartbeats or coughs as well :lol:
MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

24db wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
EricDraven wrote:I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere but, does anyone know what the 5 small pulsating squares at the top of the picture just below the black bar are? Most annoying! This is on the limited 2dvd version [which I thought was supposed to be numbered, as mine wasn't]:x Are all of them this way?
Mine is the same as yours Eric - NOT numbered and the sound quality, well, plain DREADFUL - compared to Tempodrome, this is pathetic!

Not happy at all! :twisted:
I know it's annoying when things aren't as good as we hoped for, but....we're lucky to have anything from that gig. IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including the fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.
is it really?.....................I, as we all did, paid good money for this........."TD LIVE DVD" (it actually sounds in words better than it is)........shame, big-big shame! If it was a boot, then yes I would be happy (because that is the sound quality one would expect) - but this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL release with A1 sound..............so so amature, and so so peeved! And why is it not out on EASTGATE?? :evil: RANT OVER! :-)
24db

Post by 24db »

MRBLUE wrote:
24db wrote:
MRBLUE wrote: Mine is the same as yours Eric - NOT numbered and the sound quality, well, plain DREADFUL - compared to Tempodrome, this is pathetic!

Not happy at all! :twisted:
I know it's annoying when things aren't as good as we hoped for, but....we're lucky to have anything from that gig. IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including the fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.
is it really?.....................I, as we all did, paid good money for this........."TD LIVE DVD" (it actually sounds in words better than it is)........shame, big-big shame! If it was a boot, then yes I would be happy (because that is the sound quality one would expect) - but this is supposed to be the OFFICIAL release with A1 sound..............so so amature, and so so peeved! And why is it not out on EASTGATE?? :evil: RANT OVER! :-)
yep, that's 'my' opinion...but I respect yours and if you feel ripped off, then that's how you feel.
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

It's still far better than I dared hope, after the initial horror stories.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese
MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

24db wrote:
MRBLUE wrote:
24db wrote: I know it's annoying when things aren't as good as we hoped for, but....we're lucky to have anything from that gig. IMHO the soundtrack comes from 2 or 3 sources...including the fan recording, so it's no great surprise that the sound isn't perfect. However it's still a great mento from one of TD's best gigs.
yep, that's 'my' opinion...but I respect yours and if you feel ripped off, then that's how you feel.

I don't feel 'Ripped off' just very disapointed!............ra-ra-ra-ra!!!!
burningbrain

Post by burningbrain »

Every Voiceprint CD/DVD is more or less a Bootleg.
I know of some artists, which had releases on Voiceprint, and never have seen a penny for it.
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Hobo wrote:It's still far better than I dared hope, after the initial horror stories.
After all the negative rumours and Voiceprint hanging us on,i for one am very glad ive got it :arrow:
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
Laserdisc Dream

Post by Laserdisc Dream »

見るのによいDVD。 :wink:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢
bigmoog

Post by bigmoog »

Laserdisc Dream wrote:見るのによいDVD。 :wink:

ピーターAKAレーザーディスク夢

'Although you see, good DVD.'

can we get back to posting in english, my translation android has had to go get a lube job....... :wink:
...The wise.....are silent.....
billythefish

Post by billythefish »

MRBLUE wrote: I don't feel 'Ripped off' just very disapointed!............ra-ra-ra-ra!!!!
lol! Don't forget, this concert was thought lost forever thanks to the camera crews messing up. At least we have some sort of record of it.

As for Voiceprint / Eastgate - I would not expect this level of quality from Eastgate. Voiceprint however, could release me a DVD burnt onto Card and i would not be surprised. :wink:
He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
epsilon75

Post by epsilon75 »

Got to agree that the three eastgate releases have been of a very good standard IMHO.........I do like the extra features very much,it just adds that little bit extra for the fans......... 8) :D
RIP Edgar. I am going to miss you.
MRBLUE

Post by MRBLUE »

My point is thus - If you went to the local Music store and bought the No.1 DVD on sale at that time - took it home, lobbed it in the old player and........hang on.............wtf?................this is.......omg............the worst ever quality!!............huh.................why??..............it's a No1 CD!

I do agree with the 'if you don't like it don't buy it'............but hey, there is a limit!!!!!..........all totally IMHO of course! :-)
alipaul

Post by alipaul »

I must admit the dvd quality is very poor especially when you compare it to Tempodrom or even the Poland footage i have
"Zero Tolerance on Cyber Bullying"

Rear Gunner Alipaul Reporting for Duty.
On guard duty to shoot all grizzlies on sight !!!

Currently Guarding Edgar's Moustache
Hobo

Post by Hobo »

MRBLUE wrote:My point is thus - If you went to the local Music store and bought the No.1 DVD on sale at that time - took it home, lobbed it in the old player and........hang on.............wtf?................this is.......omg............the worst ever quality!!............huh.................why??..............it's a No1 CD!

I do agree with the 'if you don't like it don't buy it'............but hey, there is a limit!!!!!..........all totally IMHO of course! :-)
I get your point, but this came perilously close to not being released at all. I'm glad a way was found to finally get this DVD to the fans and it's still a wonderful memento for those that were there.
"In the absurd often lies what is artistically possible." - Edgar Froese